For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By TDotBabs
I've been running across quite a few fan fiction stories based on the Real Ghostbusters that insist that the Ghostbusters Firehouse is on Mott and Pell streets in Lower Manhattan.

No it's not!

Everyone knows the Firehouse is on Moore Street. Mott and Pell intersect in the heart of Chinatown in a dead end. There's no Firehouse, but there's a bakery and a pharmacy and a cleaners.

Does anyone know where the Mott and Pell idea came from? Is it just some weird fanon idea that someone randomly came up with (I haven't seen any other mentions of it outside of Fan fiction) or was it mentioned in the cartoon?

I haven't seen any mention of it in the cartoon myself, unless it was from a later episode, and I always avoided those like the plague. But if it was in an episode, can someone tell me which one it was?

:cool::cool::cool:
By Fritz
I don't know where that came from either. There's a screencap from "A Temporary Insanity" showing a postcard with an address at 3960 Ince Boulevard.

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/File ... nity19.jpg

And an issue of the Marvel UK comic gave us corner of 77th Street and 5th Avenue:
http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... sue036.htm

So yeah, it may have been a fan creation.
By TDotBabs
It had to have been. I did a search and all I can find is Sheila Paulson fan fic with that address, and friends of hers validating it on pages from 2003. So that actually explains it. It's fan fiction stuff.

Thanks Fritz!
By Kingpin
I was going to say I could only ever remember it as association with Sheila. I guess at one point she needed a street address... and it being back in a time when the real address of the Firehouse wasn't as well known, she probably picked a random street corner that might've looked roughly right when you saw that shot of the city skyline with all the escaping ghosts in it.
By Fritz
Yeah, don't be too hard on Ms. Paulson. We could still freeze-frame VHS tapes in those days before Youtube, DVDs, and BluRays, but if she didn't realize that one episode gave an address--and she pretty much ignored EGB anyway--never mind find out the address of the real-life firehouse in the days before Google, I can't blame her for making one up.

I mean, I know for a fact I've made similar bits of lore fail. I try to clean them up when I can, but there's been a time or two where I've gone "well, this is just the way it works in my universe" or "here's why what I said still works even with what they said"
By PeteV
The Mott & Pell address wasn't picked at random by a fan. It originates from the Richard Mueller novelisation 'The Supernatural Spectacular'.

Page 52 Quote:
'The Firehouse was in an alley near Mott and Pell, in that area where Chinatown butts up against the city, state and federal court buildings around Foley Square. Good, thought Stantz. If they arrest us, we won't have far to go.'
By TDotBabs
PeteV wrote:The Mott & Pell address wasn't picked at random by a fan. It originates from the Richard Mueller novelisation 'The Supernatural Spectacular'.

Page 52 Quote:
'The Firehouse was in an alley near Mott and Pell, in that area where Chinatown butts up against the city, state and federal court buildings around Foley Square. Good, thought Stantz. If they arrest us, we won't have far to go.'
Yeah, I found that a few days ago myself. Thanks for clearing it up! :D
:cool:
By Fritz
TDotBabs wrote:
PeteV wrote:The Mott & Pell address wasn't picked at random by a fan. It originates from the Richard Mueller novelisation 'The Supernatural Spectacular'.

Page 52 Quote:
Yeah, I found that a few days ago myself. Thanks for clearing it up! :D
:cool:
Lol...yeah, thanks. Can't believe I missed that one, since I pretty much transplanted Ray's family from the novel into my stories.
:)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]