For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Kingpin
It's not uncommon for cartoons to use audio effects from other sources. It's been well documented here how the various effects for the Proton Packs and PKE have shown up in various anime and manga, and even the promo animation sampled some of the sound effects used on Star Trek.

A year or two ago, I was watching John Carpenter's The Fog and some of the background music sounded very familiar. I could've sworn it was some of the cues heard near the start of The Collect Call of Cathulhu, however I wasn't 100% certain as I hadn't been able to check each source within a short span of time as each other.

That changed tonight however, with a late-night showing of the film, and I can now conclude that background music was lifted from The Fog to create a creepy atmosphere at the episode's opening:

Snippet #1 - This appears in The Real Ghostbusters at 2:12, as Clark Ashton closes the curtains. It appears in the film as Stevie Wayne is attacked on the roof of the Lighthouse (2:12 in the video of the film's ending).

Snippet #2 - This appears in The Real Ghostbusters at 2:18, as the camera pans in on the window. It appears in the film as Father Malone confronts the spirit of Blake with the cross (around 2:44 in the supplied video).

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]