For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Some are suggesting that it should be & that it should coincide with the 30th anniversary of the series in 2016. No doubt, the Real Ghostbusters is an important series; instrumental in expanding the continuity of the original movie. It gave us that expanded universe appeal before we even knew what an "expanded universe" was.--But is this idea plausible granted we got an almost definitive dvd release with the Time Life collection less than a decade ago? One YouTuber, MarieCelesteRocks, seems to think so & is advocating a remastered edition with a self-done HD version of the closing credits from the Halloween Door special:

It does look cleaner, but is a remastered version of the Real Ghostbusters necessary & even if it doesn't make the 2016 deadline, do you think it will eventually happen?
Last edited by Kingpin on November 24th, 2015, 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Added Youtube Code
Kinda off-topic, but When "Slimer! And The Real Ghostbusters" first started in September of 1988, does anyone know what the broadcast structure was like? I believe it went like this, but I'm not totally sure:

Opening (1:00)
Commercial Break #1
"We now return to "Slimer! And The Real Ghostbusters" bumper
"Slimer!" Cartoon A (7:00)
Edited "Real Ghostbusters" opening to RGB episode (21:20)
Act 1 of RGB episode
Commercial Break #2
Act 2 of RGB episode
"There's more action on the way! And more Slimer, too!" bumper
Commercial Break #3
"Slimer!" Cartoon B (7:00)
Commercial Break #4
"Slimer!" Cartoon C (7:00)
Commercial Break #5
Ending (1:00)
yes it should. but it wont. if it was gonna happen, they would have done it for the time life set. that was a high quality, expensive set. totally worth the money, but if they didnt remaster them for that release, its not gonna happen. there isnt enough demand for it. i would love to see a remastered bluray version of the time life set with the episodes remastered in 1080p or even HD streaming online, or something but it wont happen in this lifetime.
The video above looked pretty clean, but my recollection's too fuzzy to know if there was really much of an improvement over the Time Life release.

It'd be nice to see some of the issues from the Time Life set corrected, such as the snippets of commercials that weren't properly edited out when they were modified for the DVD set, the instances where the music by Tahiti had been replaced with some of the regular incidental music, having the bumpers on each end of every "end of act I/start of act II and at the start of each episode" (rather than just a special feature).

I doubt we'll see a new set, maybe... maybe a re-release, but no improvements on what we've already received.
Kingpin wrote:The video above looked pretty clean, but my recollection's too fuzzy to know if there was really much of an improvement over the Time Life release.

It'd be nice to see some of the issues from the Time Life set corrected, such as the snippets of commercials that weren't properly edited out when they were modified for the DVD set, the instances where the music by Tahiti had been replaced with some of the regular incidental music, having the bumpers on each end of every "end of act I/start of act II and at the start of each episode" (rather than just a special feature).

I doubt we'll see a new set, maybe... maybe a re-release, but no improvements on what we've already received.
Maybe correct speed for some episodes? It would be lovely to get the series in HD. I think it will happen one day but not in 2016. I just don't think it's a priority for TimeLife or Sony at the moment.
I just watched "Knock, Knock" with Tahiti's "The Boogieman" during the Subway scene. No comparison. This version is miles better than the alternate one.

The only other Syndicated episode with different music on the DVD is "Venkman's Ghost Repellers" (originally had "Hometown Hero").
SonofSamhain liked this
joeghostbuster wrote:yes it should. but it wont. if it was gonna happen, they would have done it for the time life set. that was a high quality, expensive set. totally worth the money, but if they didnt remaster them for that release, its not gonna happen. there isnt enough demand for it. i would love to see a remastered bluray version of the time life set with the episodes remastered in 1080p or even HD streaming online, or something but it wont happen in this lifetime.

Interesting you say that because there has been an unofficial blu ray release of other shows, namely Spider-Man the Animated Series (1994) http://www.teledvds.com/spider-man-1994 ... y-set.html
Perhaps if there's enough fan feedback & someone with the time & the balls to pull it off (considering the legalities), it could happen for The Real Ghostbusters?
SonofSamhain wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:yes it should. but it wont. if it was gonna happen, they would have done it for the time life set. that was a high quality, expensive set. totally worth the money, but if they didnt remaster them for that release, its not gonna happen. there isnt enough demand for it. i would love to see a remastered bluray version of the time life set with the episodes remastered in 1080p or even HD streaming online, or something but it wont happen in this lifetime.

Interesting you say that because there has been an unofficial blu ray release of other shows, namely Spider-Man the Animated Series (1994) http://www.teledvds.com/spider-man-1994 ... y-set.html
Perhaps if there's enough fan feedback & someone with the time & the balls to pull it off (considering the legalities), it could happen for The Real Ghostbusters?
I'd sign a petition for that in a heartbeat!
It'd be tricky, you'd be looking to have someone collect copies of the episodes that were higher quality than those on the DVD set, and not sourced from the Studio.

I don't see a fan effort being able to improve on what we've already got, not for a lack of effort or passion, but simply because the fan effort probably wouldn't be able to get their hands on anything that's of a higher quality.
Wonder if the Tahiti songs were exclusive to the UK/Europe VHS versions of these episodes, and they never appeared on American television?

"Ragnarok and Roll"
"Boo-Dunit"
"Sea Fright"
"Adventures in Slime and Space"
"The Old College Spirit"
"Ghost Busted"
"Who're You Calling Two-Dimensional?"
"Chicken, He Clucked"
"Ain't NASA-Sarily So"
"Doctor, Doctor"
"Station Identification"
"Don't Forget the Motor City"

Note that they only list "The Boogieman" and "Party on His Mind" on the packaging of these tapes.

Also, when did the Syndicated episodes start airing internationally? We know they started here in America on September 14, 1987.
Doubtful, the Tahiti songs were released on audio cassette only in the United States from what I've seen, and the broadcast versions of the episodes had them here, as did the earlier DVD release of Knock Knock.

I think I got the Kenner Firehouse for Christmas when I was five, so that would've been 1991. I believe the show had been broadcast in the United Kingdom for possibly a year or two by that point.
Kingpin wrote:Doubtful, the Tahiti songs were released on audio cassette only in the United States from what I've seen, and the broadcast versions of the episodes had them here, as did the earlier DVD release of Knock Knock.

I think I got the Kenner Firehouse for Christmas when I was five, so that would've been 1991. I believe the show had been broadcast in the United Kingdom for possibly a year or two by that point.
I think it first aired sometime around 1989 on TCC. Remember I watched the cartoon and played "Ghostbusters" when at school.
I can't recall which episode it was, but wasn't one of them of much less quality and in the intro Mangels said the best they could get was a VHS copy of the episode?

To me that implies the show was archived on some other medium, unless it was just betamax. My point is, if they digitized the video maybe they saved it at a higher resolution.

I have about 0% confidence that the series will ever be released remastered (maybe some 100 anniversary or something), but if they have them saved in a higher resolution, maybe we will see them popup on a streaming service in the future in that higher resolution.

Also, I wish he did a different clip if he remastered that. It looks cleaner, but I don't remember what the original looked like. If I wanted to be a dick I could call shenanigans and say it's a well placed text overlay with a cleaned up isolated audio track ripped from something else.
And if there was a remastered set, they should go back and re-do five episodes that were clearly Syndicated cuts. I could tell that they were, because they mixed Syndicated and network commercial bumpers. Not to mention for the first fraction of a second, the music was higher-pitched. The pitch then went to normal, but was still sped-up. These episodes were:

"Halloween II 1/2"
"Sticky Business"
"Camping It Up"
"Flip Side"
"Poultrygeist"

And on the last two, the title cards have Arsenio Hall's voice, when, by that time, he was no longer on the show. They originally had the outro of the ending theme. Even the Fox Family reruns kept the outro of said ending theme on those two episodes.
Kingpin wrote:Doubtful, the Tahiti songs were released on audio cassette only in the United States from what I've seen, and the broadcast versions of the episodes had them here, as did the earlier DVD release of Knock Knock.
I've still kept hold of my original RGB DVDs as it contains the original music.
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]