For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By mrmichaelt
More info on those RGB DVDs Sony are releasing in July.

Article. Front and Back cover art included (listing of episodes on back cover):
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Real-Ghost ... gh-5/22240

*July 5: Volume 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 release on DVD for $14.95 each

*They have less episodes. Volume 1, 2, and 5 have 12 episodes each. 3 and 4 have 11 episodes each.

*They do not have special features like the Time Life Set.

*But they will have English, English SDH, and French subtitling on these episodes. Time Life did not have subtitles.

*Sony is planning Volume 6 for September 6 and plan to go up to at least Volume 10.
Sav C liked this
Subtitles. Man, that would have saved me lot of work if those were on the Time Life set.

I wonder if they are testing the waters and based on sales of RGB will decide on releasing EGB or not?
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:Subtitles. Man, that would have saved me lot of work if those were on the Time Life set.
:lol: Maybe we really will find out what the name of the girl in "Play Them Ragtime Boos" is supposed to be.
I wonder if they are testing the waters and based on sales of RGB will decide on releasing EGB or not?
I hope. I don't need these, but I'd buy EGB in an eyeblink, even in this format. (Though some commentaries and interviews would be nice).

I wonder what they'll do art-wise for the rest of the RGB volumes, since they've "used up" the Time-Life artwork. We know Dan Schoening can do model-sheet accurate renditions (from some variant covers and of course the Get Real mini-series) but he's darn busy.
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote::lol: Maybe we really will find out what the name of the girl in "Play Them Ragtime Boos" is supposed to be.
We do know. :P I sort of take it back. Subtitles are nice. But give me all the scripts! ;)
I hope. I don't need these, but I'd buy EGB in an eyeblink, even in this format. (Though some commentaries and interviews would be nice).
Indeed.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:
Fritz wrote::lol: Maybe we really will find out what the name of the girl in "Play Them Ragtime Boos" is supposed to be.
We do know. :P I sort of take it back. Subtitles are nice. But give me all the scripts! ;)
Yeah. I thought it was you who said you listened to her introduction a bunch of times to see if you could figure out what she said, or was it devilmanozzy? Either way...subtitles or scripts would have saved the trouble. :lol:
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:Yeah. I thought it was you who said you listened to her introduction a bunch of times to see if you could figure out what she said, or was it devilmanozzy? Either way...subtitles or scripts would have saved the trouble. :lol:
Perhaps. I don't recall offhand. But there's a lot of cases like that in RGB unfortunately.
By Kingpin
Thing is though that subtitles aren't always a very accurate reflection of a film or show's dialogue. Sometimes they end up misspelt or abridged, and might be more guessed by the person watching the subtitle writer simply watching the show rather than working from a script.
mrmichaelt liked this
It seems rather silly to be skipping episodes for a set like this. I know that I would be really disappointed to discover that Sony is leaving off episodes of one my favorite cartoons. With the time it takes for whole seasons of a show to come to DVD, I would much rather have complete seasons rather than leaving out episodes.

At the very least, I hope that this series sells well enough for Sony to consider releasing Extreme Ghostbusters on DVD.
By Y2Bogus
I really hope these sell well enough to get the remaining episodes released on DVD as well. I don't have the firehouse set and have been unable to get the timelife volume 4 and 5 sets that I don't think were released.
I haven't checked the DVDs yet, but I was hoping that the sets will have the original Columbia Pictures Television logo, instead of the current Sony Pictures Television logo as seen on the 2008 Time Life DVDs. I always loved the original Columbia Pictures Television logo as a kid, when I used to watch the show on USA Network's Cartoon Express back in the 1990s.

UPDATE: The current Sony Pictures Television logo has replaced the original Columbia Pictures Television logo! For more, click on this link:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41706
Last edited by The JAM Man on July 15th, 2016, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Had to look up that TV logo- it's very cool. The 70s/80s Columbia Logo has always been my favorite.

The series just got to Apple TV, so it was cool to see it in the top TV shows, even though I never got into the show. Now that the episodes are being released I'll have to check them out, starting with the two on the 2005 DVD release, which I already own :)
By ccv66
I bought the firehouse box set and love it, but the $30 for the first 58 epsisodes is probably the best buy. Just at first glance it looked like they only left off two epsisodes off, Slimer come home and adventure in slimer and space. The first 58 episodes are generally better than the last half so if your going to own one id get the first 5 volumes. If your only going to get one dvd, its a toss up between volume 1 or 4. Volume 1 has the iconic villains boogeyman , samhein. I think Volume 4 episodes are better
By weepel
Here's something I wrote on a Facebook page, but thought I should share it. First I'd like to say that RGB is my favorite cartoon of all time, so I'm a little dissapointed, but glad I have the time life set. I was hoping these would be good for viewing discs, so I don't always have to pull out my timeline DVDs and possibly scratch them. Here's what I wrote:

I finally got my DVDs in the mail so I took a look at them to tell the differences on here if you were curious. How does it stack up to the timelife set? Not that great. Not only is all of the special features missing, but episodes are missing too. Every episode looks as though they tried to color correct it. Meaning everything now has a reddish tint. It's not too distracting, but if you look side by side with the older release you can see the difference. The picture quality looks ok on the first disc, but the syndicated episodes have a lot of pixels on them. That set of episodes is already blurry due to how they shot it, but this new set adds more compression to the video which causes more distortion. There's more compression because they put so many episodes onto one DVD. The menus dont have arent anything special and the music is some generic song that isn't even ghostbusters related. I don't understand why they couldn't use the theme. They cut out all of the commercial bumpers which is a shame. Some may think they interrupt the episodes, but I like hearing arsineo or frank say "we now return to the real ghostbusters." Worst of all they cut out all of the title cards. I love that little jingle they play when you see the episode title. Now they just subtitle the episode name and writer on top of the opening. That sucks. Pretty much if you want the very bare bone episodes these are an ok substitute, but you really should go find the time life set.
weepel wrote:
I finally got my DVDs in the mail so I took a look at them to tell the differences on here if you were curious. How does it stack up to the timelife set? Not that great. Not only is all of the special features missing, but episodes are missing too. Every episode looks as though they tried to color correct it. Meaning everything now has a reddish tint. It's not too distracting, but if you look side by side with the older release you can see the difference. The picture quality looks ok on the first disc, but the syndicated episodes have a lot of pixels on them. That set of episodes is already blurry due to how they shot it, but this new set adds more compression to the video which causes more distortion. There's more compression because they put so many episodes onto one DVD. The menus dont have arent anything special and the music is some generic song that isn't even ghostbusters related. I don't understand why they couldn't use the theme. They cut out all of the commercial bumpers which is a shame. Some may think they interrupt the episodes, but I like hearing arsineo or frank say "we now return to the real ghostbusters." Worst of all they cut out all of the title cards. I love that little jingle they play when you see the episode title. Now they just subtitle the episode name and writer on top of the opening. That sucks. Pretty much if you want the very bare bone episodes these are an ok substitute, but you really should go find the time life set.
How could they do that? :shock:
By weepel
I don't know. It's bs. I could see removing the bumpers for time reasons. Maybe they had to to fit so much on one disc, the new color balancing and especially the removal of title cards really kills this set for me. I wanted these as extras to watch so I didn't have to handle the time life set as much, but I'll still end up just watching the time life set.
pferreira1983 liked this
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]