For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Does anyone know if the version of Knock, Knock included on the upcoming Vol. 2 release of the RGB is the syndicated or the ABC version?
The major difference being, in the ABC version, the runaway subway train scene features the "Boogieman" song by Tahiti.
In the syndicated version, that track is replaced by the theme song.

Vahan wrote:The episode was first-run Syndication from the get-go.

Also, it'll likely be the replacement one. And if the PAL VHS tapes are anything to go by, there was even more replaced music. Apparently, "Adventures in Slime and Space" originally had "The Boogieman" playing.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gho ... 0621012951

Yeah, I didn't remember if there was originally an ABC version or not. However, I do recall being slightly disappointed that we got the alternate theme song version on the Time Life set. It seems really insignificant, but the "Boogieman" track made that moment work for me. It probably will be the replacement one as you said...Sony isn't really one to care for the details.--But if anyone knows for sure..clue me in, please.
Speaking of the Syndicated episodes, I wonder why the different closing logo combos? Some had the DiC Vortex/CPT Torch Lady, others had the DiC Kid-In-Bed/Coca-Cola Communications.

I'm guessing it was because originally, they were released on VHS, and aired in foreign countries. But exactly which countries were the first to get the Syndicated package in late 1986/early 1987, I don't know.
SonofSamhain wrote:
Vahan wrote:The episode was first-run Syndication from the get-go.

Also, it'll likely be the replacement one. And if the PAL VHS tapes are anything to go by, there was even more replaced music. Apparently, "Adventures in Slime and Space" originally had "The Boogieman" playing.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gho ... 0621012951

Yeah, I didn't remember if there was originally an ABC version or not. However, I do recall being slightly disappointed that we got the alternate theme song version on the Time Life set. It seems really insignificant, but the "Boogieman" track made that moment work for me. It probably will be the replacement one as you said...Sony isn't really one to care for the details.--But if anyone knows for sure..clue me in, please.
I have a feeling this DVD will have the TimeLife version. It's packaged the same, except without the extras.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]