For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By hudemx
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

German Home Video Publisher Turbine Media has acquired the License to the Real Ghostbusters Cartoon for Release on DVD in Germany. Box 1 (containing Season 1 & 2)is going to be released on July 15th.
Like any other german DVD, the german Dub as well as the original english Audio is available on the Set - so if any european Fans are looking for a way to get the Series on Region 2 Disc this is the way to go.
Coverart is already available, no Info on special features so far, but I'm pretty sure Turbine Media will announce it as soon as possible.
Here's the Amazon.de Link to the Set:
https://www.amazon.de/Real-Ghostbusters ... ostbusters
SSJmole, Wafflerobot liked this
By hudemx
Kingpin wrote:It'll probably end up being a variation of the new sets being released in the US, not the complete 140 episode run, and without the special features.
Well - no - it will not be a variation of the new US Releases - it's its own thing.

As I said, Box 1 includes all of Season 1 and 2, something the new US Release does not.
By Kingpin
I'm not sure I follow, why wouldn't it likely be a port of the release that's coming to America? Series 1 and 2 in the same box doesn't rule out it's the same content, just thrown together in a bigger box.
By hudemx
Maybe you understand it this way:
US Sony Rerelease Vol. 1-5: 58 episodes from Season 1 & 2 no bonus material
German Box 1: Season 1 & 2 complete (all 78 episodes) bonus material to be announced

As you see: It is not the same Release
By Funktion
Kingpin wrote:I'm not sure I follow, why wouldn't it likely be a port of the release that's coming to America? Series 1 and 2 in the same box doesn't rule out it's the same content, just thrown together in a bigger box.
It may be so, but Turbine Media is actually pretty good when it comes to TV releases, and usually does not do simple ports.

For example, the DVD releases of the series Parker Lewis Can't Lose were left incomplete in the US, but in Germany Turbine Media released the first two series with all the extras from the US release, but also released the third series.

For their release of Ren & Stimpy, they included scenes that were censored/not included on other releases.

What they will probably do with their releases is port not the upcoming Sony sets, but the Time-Life boxset.
Last edited by Funktion on June 1st, 2016, 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Already got the TL box set (which is region 0 BTW) but always anxious to get inexpensive back-up copies where possible to save wear and tear on the TL (especially seasons 1 and 2 which is where all the good stuff is) so I'll probably end up getting the new one as well.

I quite like the budget DVDs that Sony/Columbia released for the 1st season and 8 episodes of season 2. The video quality is actually better than the TL because they were mass produced and Sony/Columbia expected to sell a lot more so they put more effort into the production.
By hudemx
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Coverart has now also been revealed and the Set is now up for pre-order:
The Set will be available September 30th and will include all remaining episodes from Season 3 to 7 :)
By Wafflerobot
This is great news for me as I missed the original Time Life release, and now that set seems to sell for £300+ whenever they do show up for sale. Hopefully these will have some/all of the TL extras.
By hudemx
Some Updates on the Set now that I received my copy:
Unlike the new Sony Release the Set the Turbine Sets use the Time Life Master (Title Card to every episode, except for Killerwatt, are displayed) however they removed the Commercial Bumpers. The isolated Music Audiotracks are also on the Set on the same episodes as the TL Set.
Bonusmaterial wise they weren't able to license the Bonusmaterial that Time Life themselves produced (Documentaries, Commentaries etc.) sadly, they told me that that fee Time Life wanted from them was more than would have been worth and would easily tripled the price for the Set(s).
Wafflerobot liked this
By Wafflerobot
hudemx wrote:Some Updates on the Set now that I received my copy:
Unlike the new Sony Release the Set the Turbine Sets use the Time Life Master (Title Card to every episode, except for Killerwatt, are displayed) however they removed the Commercial Bumpers. The isolated Music Audiotracks are also on the Set on the same episodes as the TL Set.
Bonusmaterial wise they weren't able to license the Bonusmaterial that Time Life themselves produced (Documentaries, Commentaries etc.) sadly, they told me that that fee Time Life wanted from them was more than would have been worth and would easily tripled the price for the Set(s).
That's a shame. I will still pick up the set just so I can own the whole series. I noticed a lot of the bonus material is on Youtube now, so I finally got to see it. Thanks for the update.

Edit - Got my copy in the mail today, took some pictures if anyone is wondering about the packaging:
ImageImage

The set comes with a couple of circular stickers and a postcard, as well as a 45-page booklet. Being that this is a German release though, the book is written in German.

ImageImage
Also here is a quick comparison of one of the episodes released on the Sea Fright DVD, that was released in the UK in 2004 compared to this release. Sea Fright version is on the Right:
By hudemx
Yeah, they had to push it back to November because of licensing issues with Sony, which are now resolved.
As a Bonus they're going to include the Slimer Spin-Off Episodes on 2 extra Discs :)
Wafflerobot liked this
By Y2Bogus
I hope they continue to do mass releases of the RGB series in both the US and everywhere else. I got the firehouse set a while back and it's so expensive now that I just keep it on my dvd shelf and never touch it. The recent Sony releases have been an awesome (and nicely cheap) alternative. I hope the failure of the movie doesn't dissuade Sony from releasing the few remaining episodes.
By pferreira1983
Y2Bogus wrote:I hope they continue to do mass releases of the RGB series in both the US and everywhere else. I got the firehouse set a while back and it's so expensive now that I just keep it on my dvd shelf and never touch it. The recent Sony releases have been an awesome (and nicely cheap) alternative. I hope the failure of the movie doesn't dissuade Sony from releasing the few remaining episodes.
I feel sorry for the UK fans who are waiting for Region 2 sets.
By hudemx
pferreira1983 wrote:I feel sorry for the UK fans who are waiting for Region 2 sets.
Have you read the Thread you just posted in?
Before 2016 ends Region 2 will have the complete Series on DVD.
Wafflerobot liked this
By pferreira1983
hudemx wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:I feel sorry for the UK fans who are waiting for Region 2 sets.
Have you read the Thread you just posted in?
Before 2016 ends Region 2 will have the complete Series on DVD.
I thought that was only in Germany. Interesting...
By hudemx
Box 2 is going to be released next week - I got my copy today and took a quick look into it:
The Set includes all of Season 3 to 7 as well as all Slimer Episodes. Just like Box 1 it includes the german Dub as well as the original english Audio and again uses the Time Life Masters (minus the Commercial Bumpers) - however unlike the Time Life Set the Season 5 episodes who run too fast have been corrected and now run the way they should :D
pferreira1983 liked this
By pferreira1983
hudemx wrote:Box 2 is going to be released next week - I got my copy today and took a quick look into it:
The Set includes all of Season 3 to 7 as well as all Slimer Episodes. Just like Box 1 it includes the german Dub as well as the original english Audio and again uses the Time Life Masters (minus the Commercial Bumpers) - however unlike the Time Life Set the Season 5 episodes who run too fast have been corrected and now run the way they should :D
Were the Season 4 episodes affected as well?
By pferreira1983
hudemx wrote:@ pferreira1983:
No, it was just season 5.
Cool thanks for the info. By the way I think you posted in The Technodrome forum about Ninja Turtles on DVD in Germany? I know that the blu-ray set for the series didn't go down well. Isn't KSM mastering of show's supposed to be better than the USA?
By Vahan
Did I hear that right? The Region 2 DVD restores the episodes from the 1989 season to their original length of 21 minutes (without opening and ending)?

What about the half-length episodes? Are they restored to their original 14-minute form (again, with out opening and ending)?
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]