For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Yep, it's true. I have just gotten volume 1, and as it turns out, there was the current Sony Pictures Television logo at the end, instead of the original Columbia Pictures Television logo that was seen at the end of the original ABC/syndicated airings of RGB, meaning that Sony used the same masters as in the now-defunct 2008 Time-Life DVDs, and water down the quality some, and put it on the newer 2016 re-releases from Sony. They did not use the original film masters and remaster them for 4K/HD (like CBS did with Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray discs), instead they only use the same masters as in the 2008 Time-Life DVDs, what a shocking disappointment.

But the ghost logo bumpers (voiced by both Arsenio Hall and Frank Welker respectively) and the episode titles, are completely missing as well. It's not just a few episodes that are missing on the newer box sets.

So, buyer beware, think before you buy them.

Or like Patrick Butler said, "If you do not have the box sets from the 2008 Time-Life DVDs, then these sets (the 2016 Sony DVD re-releases) are for you."

Patrick Butler's video:

What are your thoughts on this?
Last edited by The JAM Man on July 13th, 2016, 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]