For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Photon Guy
I've heard the cartoons referred to as "secondary canon." Now, Im not sure what that means but I would think that it would mean that stuff that happens in the cartoons as long as its not contradicted by the movies really did happen in the Ghostbusters universe. But the thing is, just about everything in the cartoon is contradicted by the movies. The cartoon picks up right after the events of the first movie and has the Ghostbusters resuming their work as Ghostbusters and going on all sorts of ghost busting adventures. With the movies, however, after the events of the first movie the Ghostbusters are shut down. They face all sorts of major lawsuits which puts an end to their career as Ghostbusters and they don't resume their roles as Ghostbusters until the events of the second movie which takes place five years after the first movie. So, with just about everything in the cartoons being contradicted by the movies Im not sure exactly what they mean when they say its secondary canon.
By LandoSystem
The cartoon shows the first film as a Hollywood adaptation of their adventures, even going as far as to name the real actors and show a bit of the opening scene.
I would consider them parallel continuities like we've seen in the IDW comics and the RGB cartoon.

It really doesn't matter.
I see the events of the first film as the springboard for several parallel continuities. What happens in one universe doesn't affect the others. Even the IDW comic, which is the closest to the films in terms of continuity, style and tone, doesn't strictly follow the realistic version of the 2009 video game though it is considered a canon continuation of the film universe. And even the 2009 game had alternate versions that conflict with each other.
It's not really structured like the Star Wars EU or some other expanded universes.
By *NormalGamer*
LandoSystem wrote:The cartoon shows the first film as a Hollywood adaptation of their adventures, even going as far as to name the real actors and show a bit of the opening scene.
I would consider them parallel continuities like we've seen in the IDW comics and the RGB cartoon.

It really doesn't matter.
I see the events of the first film as the springboard for several parallel continuities. What happens in one universe doesn't affect the others. Even the IDW comic, which is the closest to the films in terms of continuity, style and tone, doesn't strictly follow the realistic version of the 2009 video game though it is considered a canon continuation of the film universe. And even the 2009 game had alternate versions that conflict with each other.
It's not really structured like the Star Wars EU or some other expanded universes.
@ *referring to bold*

Yeah, pretty much. Even Dan Akyroyd's original concept for Ghostbusters has the franchise go on adventures in other dimensions which pretty much relates to this.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]