For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By zeta otaku
It would have kept the quality of the show the earlier seasons had for longer. There would have been a dip in quality eventually as that always happens with most western animation (there are a few exceptions, but I can't think of any from RGB's era), but nothing as bad as the Slifer! and The REAL Ghostbusters.
By Roger Rabbit
Q5 weren't the reason Lorenzo Music got replaced, so that would still be an annoyance to deal with. Slimer would probably still get more and more exposure on the show anyway as he was very popular with children and the executives would make sure to capitalize on that. The difference would be that the tone would be more or less the same as in the episodes by JMS, as he would probably still write for the show.
Vahan, ccv66, Wafflerobot liked this
By Vahan
Roger Rabbit wrote:Q5 weren't the reason Lorenzo Music got replaced, so that would still be an annoyance to deal with. Slimer would probably still get more and more exposure on the show anyway as he was very popular with children and the executives would make sure to capitalize on that. The difference would be that the tone would be more or less the same as in the episodes by JMS, as he would probably still write for the show.
I'd say that's the most likely scenario.
By Fritz
The biggest obvious change: Laura Summer wouldn't have been fired. Janine wouldn't have turned into a wishy-washy shadow of her GB1 and Season 1-2 selves. If they played with her character design, it wouldn't have been so drastic that they could have blamed it on an evil entity warping her. It was the order to lobotimize Janine that made JMS walk, so yeah, I imagine he would have stuck around.

Yeah, Lorenzo Music would've still been fired, as that was because of Ivan Reitman overreacting to something Bill Murray said. Dave Coulier wasn't as good as Lorenzo--the most obvious way to prove it is to watch the redub episodes where he's literally redoing Music's lines--but the lines he'd be given wouldn't be as terrible. So that's something.
By pferreira1983
Yeah, everyone pretty much beat me to it with their thoughts. Although I think the above alternatives would definitely have been better than what we got. I'm surprised no one at the time sent letters complaining about the change of voice for Peter. They may have changed it back. A similar thing happened with Mel Blanc on Buck Rogers and they brought him back after viewer complaints.
By GBfan_CH
Fritz wrote:The biggest obvious change: Laura Summer wouldn't have been fired. Janine wouldn't have turned into a wishy-washy shadow of her GB1 and Season 1-2 selves. If they played with her character design, it wouldn't have been so drastic that they could have blamed it on an evil entity warping her. It was the order to lobotimize Janine that made JMS walk, so yeah, I imagine he would have stuck around.
Don't. You'll make me cry. I talk about the 45 good episodes out of something like 117 (?). Imagine if it had been double that... :vinzclortho:
By pferreira1983
GBfan_CH wrote:
Fritz wrote:The biggest obvious change: Laura Summer wouldn't have been fired. Janine wouldn't have turned into a wishy-washy shadow of her GB1 and Season 1-2 selves. If they played with her character design, it wouldn't have been so drastic that they could have blamed it on an evil entity warping her. It was the order to lobotimize Janine that made JMS walk, so yeah, I imagine he would have stuck around.
Don't. You'll make me cry. I talk about the 45 good episodes out of something like 117 (?). Imagine if it had been double that... :vinzclortho:
Sometimes what might have been is worse than the great stuff we got. Human nature to think that way.

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

The amount of people participating in the mileston[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]