For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Flip Side is my all-time favorite episode of the series, and not until today did I ever realize how horribly written the ending is.

Think about it:

they're in the Peoplebusters' containment unit, telling Winston that they can't go thru the "apparent" portal, with him telling them "you have the key: your throwers"

How would Winston know that? Aside from the fact that he isn't even a scientist at this time, where is the indication that using the throwers would open up the portal? On top of this....what is the indication that even if they did, the portal would definitely take them back to their own dimension?
Well you do have a point. The only theory Winston had was that "If everything in that world is reversed, then their containment unit just might be the doorway to the real world." Depending on how The Real Ghostbusters world works that can mean almost anything. It would have been better if The scene where Egon takes the readings in the containment unit and states that the readings in there matched the readings of the Central Park twister came before Winson's idea. That way there would be more of a reason for him to come up with the idea of Peter deliberately getting captured. :):):)
It was a great concept of an episode, but not specifically well-executed. There's the fact the whole crossover starting in the first place is never explained, nor the absence of Peoplebuster Winston, nor why the Peoplebusters' Containment Unit had a rip to Earth.
You're underselling Winston, the man by this point has been a Ghostbuster for a while and isn't ignorant. He'd have at the very least a basic grasp of how the supernatural world and their equipment work. How many times has the solution been, "if we reverse the polarity it might just work" why wouldn't he have picked up on that?

I personally saw it as him thinking of it in a common sense, logical, well of course if everything's flipped that could be the answer way rather than trying to come up with the mathematics of the situation.

Have you ever been in a spot where someones making it overly complicated and you're thinking "well can't we just do this?" That's Winston here.
pferreira1983 liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]