For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Terrace
Not trying to lay down the law here, but I do think we should come up with a Watsonian reason for some of the equipment the Extreme Ghostbusters used.

:eduardo::garrett::roland::sigh: Proton Pack: We can all tell that the Mark 2 Packs utilize some sort of ammo/detachable power cell-based system, which has been used in several episodes to create special loads for unusual effects (in "Luck of the Irish", Egon whipped up a special fluid that caused the Leprechan's bad luck powers to target itself, plus I vaguely recall other episodes where this feature was used for other effects). Presumably they're more powerful than the Mark 1s (the RGB version), but the reliance on "ammo" can be limiting. I'm not sure how the canisters are recharged/reloaded, but surely they have a system for that.

:kylie: Proton Pistol: I didn't like this concept at first glance, as it seemed purely meant to leave Kylie's back free to carry the Mark 2 Ghost Trap, plus the subtle implication that Kylie wasn't strong enough to carry around the standard pack because she was a girl (even though we see her using a full-size pack several times through the series with only minor grumbling about the weight that I'm sure every Ghostbuster has indulged in at one point or another in either series). I'm pretty sure that the pistol is even less powerful than the old Mark 1 packs, plus it's size is such that even if it runs on the same power cell as the standard packs, it can't carry more than one, while the standard packs can carry ten or eleven or even twelve (ballpark estimate). On the other hand, this is probably required by the next bit of tech I'll discuss.

:kylie: Ghost Trap: You all know this thing. The big, bulky yellow trap that Kylie carries on her back. I'd wager her football pad outfit is really to give her a harness to lug the darn thing around. Now, as for why they'd use it over the Mark 1? It probably has a much higher storage capacity than the old Mark 1, since it was apparently a common thing in RGB to show the guys carrying multiple used Ghost Traps to imply that they're busting a lot of ghosts in a short time. OTOH, I don't recall the EGB ever going out into the field with more than one of the things, so it can probably be re-used on multiple entities before they have to empty it out into the Containment Unit. I'm also fairly certain that the Mark 2 Ghost Trap is the reason for the Proton Pistol, as Kylie is the designated 'trap jockey', so she carries a Proton Pistol to ensure that she's not unarmed.

PKE Meter: I have to admit, I really like the new PKE Meters. Not only were the old versions showing some wear-and-tear by this point, but they were built and used in the '80s, and there's been a significant amount of tech advances for Egon and Roland to take advantage of (for one thing, these things were never seen to explode like the RGB version occasionally did).
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]