Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By Martog
Wingfan191 wrote:
I have another question though, how do you connect the wire from the amp to the wire that runs from the light kit to the battery? Do you just cut the light kit wire in half and then make like a T shaped connection? How do you hold it together? I'm a total noob when it comes to wiring.
Just use the breadboard. Connect each thing that requires power into the power terminals on the breadboard, it's basically a nice terminal for everything that needs hooked up. The breadboard has more than enough spots to achieve this.
By xtrmn8r17
im probably going to order all my parts tomorrow. I hope it works in the end... i will be using exoray's pack lights and deluxe gun kit lights. im kinda nervous it wont work in the end.. but i wont know unless i try. wish me luck. i wanna hurry up and finish before oct 9th... going to alotta holloween parties this year and I get to wear my costume at work lol.. and i wanna rock some socks off! :cool:

Well.... I just got done ordering all my parts. i think ill just stop by radio shack tomorrow morning so i dont have to order those parts online.

On Saturday... i went to radioshack and they didnt carry the bread board... said it was only online and the nearest store that had it was far away. but they ordered it for me. free shipping :cool:
By Martog
From what I understand the Blue Switch seems to be replaced by the "Green switch" which is a DPST switch.
Green and blue are a DPST switch that turns on both kits...
I misread the pictures on his site. The board he pictures that the green switch plugs into is actually the old pack light board, I thought it was one of the light kit boards. They must run off different voltage through the wires, hence needing a DPST for just lights.

In the end, if you are using an Exoray light kit, you MUST use a 3PDT sub-mini toggle switch if you want to wire up sounds to his.

Still waiting on the switching regulator to come in to test to see if we really need a seperate power supply if we use 12V battery packs...
By BSjohnson
Martog wrote:
In the end, if you are using an Exoray light kit, you MUST use a 3PDT sub-mini toggle switch if you want to wire up sounds to his.
Good to know! My first pack has an Exoray and I just ordered another pack/gun kit for my Mark II.

I've ordered the chip, amp and speakers, and I'll be out shopping for incidentals this week. The more I read about everything, the more excited I get! :grin:
By Martog
BSjohnson wrote:
Martog wrote:
Good to know! My first pack has an Exoray and I just ordered another pack/gun kit for my Mark II.

I've ordered the chip, amp and speakers, and I'll be out shopping for incidentals this week. The more I read about everything, the more excited I get! :grin:
http://www.a1parts.com/switches/index.html

41-251-0 3PDT on-on $6.66

Shipping is expensive but they are in Canada. I ordered two because with $15 shipping might have well gotten a couple.
By BSjohnson
Would this switch do the trick?

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-st ... H/-/1.html

It's the same company the suggested speakers are from, so those with Exoray's kit could bundle shipping.

EDIT: I see that the switch I linked is a mini, and not a sub-mini switch. Is there a big difference in size between these two? If there is I found a sub-mini at Frys.com. Hopefully they'll have it in my local Fry's as well.

http://www.frys.com/product/2860844
By Martog
I can't say how big the switches really are in comparison. The sub-mini's are pretty small, I'd have to run to Radio Shack just to take a look.

I'd honestly go with the sub-mini's as not sure how much room are in the guns.
By BSjohnson
I think I'll just go with the one at Fry's then. It's local for me anyway. Thanks for your help, Martog!
By xtrmn8r17
Using exoray's light kit also.

And I just got home from work... no sound module... but i did get my speakers in the mail! They are huge and heavy lol and they stick rather well to the fridge! :cool:

By toylord
lol yeah my fiance loves to laugh and repear. "I MAY have to add some weights to this pack..it feels to light". This was something I said when I first got the shell. Now between all the attachments, batteries, and these heavy speakers..it's a beast!
- Paul
By xtrmn8r17
toylord wrote:lol yeah my fiance loves to laugh and repear. "I MAY have to add some weights to this pack..it feels to light". This was something I said when I first got the shell. Now between all the attachments, batteries, and these heavy speakers..it's a beast!
- Paul
lol i just hope my back can handle it. Some d-Bag rear ended me on my way to work in 07 and messed up a disk in my lower spine and sent a crack through my right knee. Hopefully in the end i'll be able to support the pack.

I want to wear my costume in an upcoming Relay race in S.F. in May called "Bay to Breakers". The race is BRUTAL! I was tired just walking it! Took like 3 hours! There are so many up hills and few down hills... :O well see how it goes.
By BSjohnson
xtrmn8r17 wrote:
lol i just hope my back can handle it. Some d-Bag rear ended me on my way to work in 07 and messed up a disk in my lower spine and sent a crack through my right knee. Hopefully in the end i'll be able to support the pack.
As long as you've got an ALICE frame, you should be alright. They're designed to distribute weight evenly across your shoulders and back. My first pack must weigh about 40 pounds when all's said and done, but unless I'm wearing it for more than a few hours, I hardly notice the weight at all.
By xtrmn8r17
Just got home from work and decided to check out my sound module and new switches and bread board that had arrived today. Im still only waiting on my 12 v power supply source and the results are...

AMAZING!

although i only had it hooked up to one of my surround sound speakers and not the the ones ill really be using..it sounded great! I was having a blast (no pun intended) making the firing sound and turning on and off the pack sounds.

So all in all, it looks like this sound kit and Exoray's light kit shouldn't be a problem putting together (i hope)

:cool:
By BlueLight
Success! Finally got my exoray kit all wired up with the sound board, and it's functioning properly. I used the same switches martog linked to. The switches ARE BIGGER than the ones that are used in exoray's kits. I will post some videos of my config soon.
By Joker
This may be a dumb ?, but is there any way to hook the vent sound & pack lights together? So that when you turn the pack lights on, the sound comes as well?
By BSjohnson
mburkit wrote:
DPDT Push Button - You will need to change out your current push button with this switch for this to work - $5.88
Does anyone have an alternate source for this type of switch? Call me crazy but I don't feel like paying allied electronics $21 after shipping and handling for a single switch. I've already looked through radio shack and Fry's and I've not found one.
By GAVAL
I've gone a bit bonkers with my sound loadout, but it's almost ready....

I have the pack vent sound attached to the barrel momentary switch, so there's a button for the left hand to push!
Pack power up and firing switches are as everyone else is doing it.

I have another momentary switch just left of my gun power readout in place of a toggle switch. This button plays the ghostbusters theme!

The toggle immediately under it plays a looping 10 second hum that fades in and out seamlessly so I can have my pack humming constantly if I want or to get someone's attention when I walk by. Flip that switch off and the humming stops.

Back on the pack I have a switchbox with 3 momentary switches. Each plays a spooky sound. 1 is a demonic roar. 2 is a ghostly cackle. 3 is going to be the Ecto 1, siren after I send the module back to Rob to reprogram.

Hoping to get a vid out when I'm finally done of all the sounds in action. I opted to use a 3 way 6x9 speaker so it sounds pretty sweet and pretty loud! Practically tore the pack to shreds wiring it up, my poor scratch made gun is falling apart. Once I get her pulled back together I'm going to be in proton heaven!

G
By mburkit
CPU64 wrote:
mburkit wrote:
Call me old fashioned, but I don't think the amp is getting any power there.
Call me old fashioned because my amp gets power and works while being wired up exactly like that. You know, unless you watch my video of my pack and hear something completely different to it working. . .
BSjohnson wrote:Does anyone have an alternate source for this type of switch? Call me crazy but I don't feel like paying allied electronics $21 after shipping and handling for a single switch. I've already looked through radio shack and Fry's and I've not found one.
If you find another source, please feel free to post it here, because I'm sure everyone else would be more then thankful for it because paying that much for a button does suck.
By BSjohnson
CPU64 wrote:
Call me old fashioned, but I don't think the amp is getting any power there.
It has something to do with the direction the current is running. So even though both wires from the amp are going to the ground wire, the current is still going through that wire, into the amp and back .... someone explained it far better in a previous post.
mburkit wrote:
BSjohnson wrote:Does anyone have an alternate source for this type of switch? Call me crazy but I don't feel like paying allied electronics $21 after shipping and handling for a single switch. I've already looked through radio shack and Fry's and I've not found one.
If you find another source, please feel free to post it here, because I'm sure everyone else would be more then thankful for it because paying that much for a button does suck.
CPU64 says his supplier has them. I'm also going to check a local lead. It didn't occur to me to check with my old ITT buddies who studied electronics (I was in the drafting program). I'll post if I find one!
By CPU64
mburkit wrote:
Call me old fashioned because my amp gets power and works while being wired up exactly like that. You know, unless you watch my video of my pack and hear something completely different to it working. . .
I guess I'm using the wrong kind of DC supply, mine isn't magic :)

Now, if you fix the diagram, and have the red line from the amp go a bit further down to the red line below, it will work.
Like this:

But as it is, the original diagram has a booboo. Its ok, we all make mistakes. I'm sure your connections are right, you just made a mistake on the drawing.
By mburkit
I apologize CPU64, you are correct. I did make the diagram wrong and did not notice it. I appreciate you bring this to my attention. I'll have it changed. I am surprised though that no one else has complained then about not being able to get their amp wired up correctly . . .

Thanks!
By Martog
Here's something I got from Exoray today about this light kits...
Switching two independent power sources... The dim lights are because of a shorted circuit, lucky it didn't cause damage...
So it looks like the power running through the switch for the pack and light kits are different, hence why the pack lights would stay dimmly lit...unfortunately for BlueLight he fried his sound chip.
By BSjohnson
xtrmn8r17 wrote:Was the diagram ever corrected?? Just Wondering cuz I'll be wiring all my stuff up in about a week.
I believe it was.
By xtrmn8r17
BSjohnson wrote:I think I'll just go with the one at Fry's then. It's local for me anyway. Thanks for your help, Martog!

Hey did you find your switches? Exoray sent out my light kit today and im still looking to find switches for it.
By Martog
xtrmn8r17 wrote:
BSjohnson wrote:I think I'll just go with the one at Fry's then. It's local for me anyway. Thanks for your help, Martog!

Hey did you find your switches? Exoray sent out my light kit today and im still looking to find switches for it.
http://www.a1parts.com/switches/index.html

Search for: 41-251-0 3PDT on-on $6.66

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?