Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By Wei WannaBtriad Mei
Hello All,

I am in the process of obtaining and hooking up a Crix soundboard with proptronix pack/thrower light kit along with the 7 watt amp and speaker from the tutorial. However, the tutorial says that we need separate switches; does anyone know if the proptronix kit and the Crix will be compatible without upgrading any switches or will an upgrade be needed?

Mak
By jaysum025
Why must the switches be upgraded and separated? I have the Crix soundboard and am waiting for my Jupiter wand light kit? Any advice?
By Skully
jaysum025 wrote:Why must the switches be upgraded and separated? I have the Crix soundboard and am waiting for my Jupiter wand light kit? Any advice?
Here's the deal....I'm new here too so ill answer you with an explanation to what AJ meant for both of you .You must purchase DPDT (Double Pole ,Double Throw). switches which allow you to connect two independent circuits to the same switch .....the switches that come with your light kits mentioned have only a single pole for one circuit....the lights are one ...the sound is another ...hence the need for new switches..............there are threads that explain more just use the new improved search feature............and good luck...
By IPv6Freely
Because the sound kit runs on ~3V and the light kit runs on ~9-12V. These circuits have to be separated, so you need switches that have two physical circuits built into them (DPDT)

The switch on the left is a dual pole (DP), the switch on the right is a single pole (SP). These are what your switches look like inside (basically). When you flip your switch, you're connecting TWO circuits (one 3V and one 9V). This is why a single pole switch will not work.

FYI: the "throw" is how many positions the switch has. Eg. a SPST has only one "closed" position (the switch is off, the switch is on). A DPDT has two "closed" positions (on, off, on). Each "closed" position is a different sound. Eg pack on sound, off, and pack off sound. This is why you need dual throw switches for your sounds (but only need single throw for lights - so one of your "on" positions wont have a wire to it).

Hopefully that makes sense.

EDIT: here's a good diagram to explain the differences:

By FeinDTacticS
if u are using a proptronix lights and a crix sound chip just make sure you are using a proptronix sound adapter with the crix so you dont have to change or add any switches..

I currently run proptronix lights with a crix soundchip sitting in a proptronix sound adapter and all is good..
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]