Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
** First off this in NOT screen accurate. But it is better than having nothing at all and a good solution until you find that used screen accurate holster on eBay **

OK, so I have been trying to find a holster for my MT500 radio and the cheapest one I could find was $20 plus $8 shipping which is twice what I paid for the radio. So I started looking around and found a OLD rollerblade bag that has been on the back sun porch forever! After cutting it up I whipped up these two cases for just the cost of the snaps ($6)

The came out pretty good and are solid and simple to build so I thought I would make a tutorial for other people that want a holster and might have some backpacks or rollerblade bags laying around.

For this particular build I went to the fabric store and got a 9" strip of black vinyl for $5, a strap from a old bag that we lost a long time ago and my snap kit.

Next

Cut your strips and singe the ends with a lighter so they do not fray. just pass it over real quick and even so the edges are nice, save the hardware since you never know when you might want to become that Hoarder your wife already thinks you are.

Size up your vinyl so that you can fold over the edges.

If you're good at sewing with a machine run a stitch through there. If you are like me, throw down a line of high temp hot glue and move on with your life.

Hot glued in place. Definitively use the high temp stuff. Regular Hot Glue is not going to hold up in a hot car in the middle of summer.

Now take your strap and size it to your belt.

add a snap...

Fold over past center for your radio.

Hot glue the strap to the vinyl then fold over the other side and hot glue that to seal the strap in place.

Hot glued in place. Definitively use the high temp stuff. Regular Hot Glue is not going to hold up in a hot car in the middle of summer.

Size up where to place the front snap. The strap will be on the inside but you will want to fold it under the sleeve.

Place your back of your snap.

Fold it over and hammer the rivet together. Only go through the sleeve and the folded over part of the strap. The rivet is BARLEY tall enough to go through that. But the idea is that the strap will carry all the weight of the radio and the sleeve is just there as a place holder.

Make a piece that is about 4" long and fold it over and round the edges.

Place a snap towards the bottom (You want some room in there...)

Wind your string through and tie it so that it is snug. Also take a lighter and singe the ends so they do not fray.

Place the knot in the sleeve of the center snap and call it DONE!

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]