Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
Since I finished my RGB uniforms, I've had a few people asking about my slime techniques... So I thought I'd write out a simple tutorial style explanation for how I've created my slimed uniforms.

The 'slime' mix i use is 50/50 polyurethane... easy to get hold of at most craft stores or on ebay, this is my preference, but I'm sure you can find a regional variant that will work just as well.

Now, the first thing you want to do is pad out your uniform, newspaper, packing paper, anything really... just stuff your uniform full with it until you have an approximate body shape... once that is done, seal up all the zips and any velcro pockets you want to keep use of once you've slimed your uniform.

this may be the most boring part of the job, but using some good masking tape or duct tape will save you a lot of hassle with gummed up zips later on.

Next up, it's time to mix up your slime... fun time :D

Basically use a 50/50 mix of the 2 polyurethane components, along with a dash of whatever colour you want... be warned, polyurethane colouring agents go a LONG way, so it's basically a drop or two of the agent for a mug full of mix.

Plastic cups and spoons for stirring will be your friend here.

For this uniform I'll be creating 'mood slime' from Ghostbusters 2... So I mixed up a sickly purple / pink colour for the slime to go over my charcoal uniform.

Once you've mixed up your slime, the waiting game begins... DON'T pour it on straight away... you need it to thicken slightly or it will just soak into your suit without settling on the top... ten to fifteen minutes later, give it a slow stir and it should be thick enough to work, but mixture type and ambient temperature will change this schedule.

Once it's thick enough, start slowly drizzling the slime on...

Work slowly, from the shoulders down... letting the slime drip down the suit naturally. To get the best colour out of your slime, layer it over itself in small coats... letting each set for 10 to fifteen minutes between application.

You'll notice the first layer soaks in a bit... this is normal and the dark ring around the slime will fade away as the suit dries and the slime sets... just keep building up the slime layers slowly.

As always, the final look is up to you... heavily slimed, battle worn, or just lightly gunked... it's all personal choice... for this suit, I wanted a heavily slimed look to match my RGB uniforms, so really went all out with the slime.

Once you've finished sliming up the suit, you'll need somewhere out of the way and dry to hang it.... it'll take a good 12 to 20 hours to set and be completely solid... so an empty room or somewhere where it's not going to be disturbed or fall down is pretty necessary.

But that's it really... you can get a multitude of styles using this technique, from cartoon looking slime, through to movie style green slime, or mood slime, or whatever takes your fancy.

Just have fun and enjoy the sliming :D
Well, I know what to do with my Tru-Spec GB2 when my G&B flightsuit finally comes in... ;)

Still looking for an alternative to the Polycraft FC-6630... Most of the Polyurethane Resin I'm finding is not flexible...
Would this method also work on props like a proton pack? (junk pack)

Thanks!
    GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]