Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By Rowan J. Zweig
So I just posted this in my Pack build, but I'll post a tad length-y-er post here about how I created a quick HGA that is easily removable from your pack AND can hide a mounting point as well!

I had this empty, plastic coconut oil jar sitting around and planned to use it for something, but then after I was designing my brackets, I figured out a way to kill two birds with one stone.

First - wash the jar. Should go without saying, but coconut oil can be flammable under certain conditions, and let's not risk a nuclear explosion, shall we? It would be bad....

I began with the plastic jar and some sheet metal. I bent the metal to go around the jar, and glued it together, waiting until it cured, glued some more metal to the front (ie the base of the jar), and wait to for it to cure.

Did some trimming and then used silicon adhesive to the edges that will get painted/weathered later. I measured out the space I'd need to clear so the HGA can be screwed on/off as needed using the jar's original lid, COVERED by the sheet metal! Best of all, the lid is held on by the bolt that holds the bracket! Wha-la!

Bonus: with the lid being plastic, I can always mod it some more if I need to make adjustments later!

Note: The jar I used is about twice the length of the typical HGA, but I am going for a custom design in my project. You could do this to pretty much any jar, though I would suggest some kind of coconut oil or peanut butter jar because the lids are pretty thick and stable. You could also cut down a plastic jar to the right size and make this. Price varies on materials you use and so forth, but I doubt over the course of time it cost me more than about $15, and that including the use of materials I already had for working on my pack.

I also chose this way over an aluminum part or a home depot fitting because of the weight.

Hopefully some of you will get some use out of this little tutorial! I imagine you could apply this technique to other parts of the pack or projects you work on! Happy trails!
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]