Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Marty120704
I've been wanting to create a ninja turtle costume for a couple of years now. So with a new home which means more space, I'm able to start creating the costume. I'm starting off with Mikey's head then will do the other three turtles before moving onto the bodies. I'm aiming to have it fully completed prior to Halloween next year, so far I think I have a nice early start on it. I'm hoping to have mikey's head finished by this weekend and molded by the following weekend. which means that Leo will be next. let me know what you guys think so far.

Last edited by Marty120704 on January 3rd, 2013, 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alex Newborn, LandoSystem, Kingpin and 4 others liked this
By Alex Newborn
That mouth mechanism looks very intriguing. Will the jaw actually be able to open and close?

You should also consider posting this at the RPF website (Replica Prop Forums) where people do all sorts of movie costume re-creations and interpretations.

Alex
By Marty120704
The plan is to recreate the jaw mechanism so both the upper and lower lips will move when the jaw moves. Once I get a little further on the project I'll probably post over there too.
By Marty120704
Thanks, I have turtle arms and a raph head that was supposedly used in the third movie. Ill be using the arms as a reference when constructing my versions. Still need to locate the head. ( was lost during the move, but I believe its still in storage somewhere).
By Marty120704
6 hours of creating the texture of the skin, probably another 8 hours before I can smooth out the texture to look more natural. Hopefully I should have the texture done by tomorrow night. Here's a pic of all the small dots....its exhausting
Sutton621, Gareee liked this
By Marty120704
I was hoping I could use the underside of a football to help with the the time spent on texture, instead I'm having to make each circle it looks a little rough right now once I heat the clay the circles will barely be noticeable recreating the look from the movie.
By Tyrael
I SEEN SOME SHIT, MAN. SHIT YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE.

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to seeing this thing as it progresses and the final result. Keep it up!
Marty120704 liked this
By Marty120704
lol nice tyrael.

Here is the finished product, there will be some minor touch up's prior to molding. Which if all works out will be this weekend. Picked up the fabric for his bandanna as well. After putting in almost 23 hours into one mask, I've decided that I'll wait on the other three turtle heads and focus on the rest of the costume. Haven't decided on what part of the costume I wanna start on first after the mask gets molded. any suggestions on what you guys want to see first?

By Marty120704
technically the shell should be after the upper torso and upper leg (shorts section) to make sure that the back part and the front part of the shell covers everything else, but am looking forward to the shell for sure!
By Marty120704
Yeah I agree, the costumes progressively got worse, i preferred donnie's head sculpt from the first movie. here is an example of how my costume will be put together....just like the originals.
By joeghostbuster
interesting note (Im sure you already know) but actor Josh Pais was the only one of the turtles in the first movie who not only did the voice for Raphael, he was also in the Raphael suit (so apparently he knows karate etc)... I found that out by watching the directors commentary for "Gentlemen Broncos, in which Josh Pais co-stars.

he also had an out-of-costume cameo as the guy in the back of the taxi right after Raph meets Casey for the first time.

(Gentlemen Broncos)
By Marty120704
Didn't know that about raph voicing and under the suit. i knew he was in the back of the taxi, also the guy who played mikey wasn't he the dominos guy?
By Tight-Pants Jack
Marty120704 wrote:Didn't know that about raph voicing and under the suit. i knew he was in the back of the taxi, also the guy who played mikey wasn't he the dominos guy?
Apparently, all four of the actors made cameos outside of their suits. I couldn't tell you where, though.
By THEbryon
David Forman (Leonardo) was a gang member, Michelan Sisti (Michaelangelo) was the pizza delivery man, Leif Tilden (Donatello) as a messenger of The Foot and Josh Pais (Raphael) as a passenger in a taxi.

Josh Pais, who portrayed Raphael, is the only actor to portray a Turtle on screen and provide his voice.

From Wikipedia.
TheRockman liked this
By SnidderEcto1
Ok i dont know if anyone knows this but i was watching dinosaurs and i noticed robbie the oldest kid dino.. his movements looked awfully familiar.. and as the credits would have it lief tildon played robbie! Has anyone else found this?

sent from my PKE meter
By Marty120704
Update: molding will not occur this weekend. I've decided to re-smooth the head and make sure the head is as close to symmetrical as possible. I'm working a 24 hour shift today, so hopefully that means ill have plenty of time to work on it and get paid to do it too lol. I've also ordered some texture stamps that is closer to the texture of the original costumes then I previously had applied to it. So will have a photo update of the symmetrical work later today. Will need to wait for the texture stamps to arrive in the mail to apply the new texture to the mask. With the holiday right around the corner, don't know if the stamps will arrive before christmas....fingers crossed that they do though. Really looking forward to finishing the head so can move onto other parts. Thought about taking a break from the turtle bulid and take a week and make a ghostbuster bust. Then back to the turtle build.
By Marty120704
Almost finished with the turtle head, been waiting almost two weeks for the texture stamps to arrive. Ups says they will be here on the second. So decided to move onto the arm and possibly the upper torso tonight. Here's a photo of how the turtle arm is shaping up so far.

Wow this looks amazing! I really enjoyed reading […]

@gpstar, Thanks for all this info. I’m wor[…]

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg