For those crazy guys in Europe.. Great Britian, United Kingdom, England... etc.
By SteveGilmour
Hello all-knowing GBfan forum...
I understand many people get together in groups for good causes to fund raise and other fantastic charity events, but what is the drill for being a Ghostbuster? I was wondering how everyone behaves when in uniform? I've not had the chance to be anywhere to ask in person, so I thought I'd get some idea from this huge community :D

Are there rules like the Stormtrooper garrisons have? Do you just talk to people like the gear is a super-fan-based-nerd-erection-dream-come-true prop?, (as mine is!) or do you pretend it's a dangerous un-licenced nuclear accelerator, and that catching ghosts is actually your job? Can I just walk out the door and wing it, or are there some hardcore 'Marlon Brando-espue' method acting lessons needed? lol
By Kingpin
When out at a public event we aim to send out a positive experience, but also try have a good time with the public. :)

In the U.K. Ghostbusters, those wishing to attend a public event as one of the team are required to submit photographs of their uniforms and, if you have some equipment, your gear as well beforehand for approval.

It's not 100% necessary to have a Proton Pack at your first outing, but it does help to have a piece of recognisable Ghostbusting equipment. At the first couple of events I attended before my first Proton Pack was finished, I had a replica of the Sniffer Venkman uses at Dana's Apartment, and later expanded my selection with some Ecto Goggles and eventually the Mattel PKE Meter.

Uniforms need to be a passable replica of what's seen in the movie, and assembled to a reasonable standard. :)

We can talk to people either in character or out, depending on the questions being asked... I've talked to children who've asked if our equipment is real, and folks who've asked about how to build replicas of the equipment.

I hope that answers some of your questions. :)

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]