For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By rodie
I read somewhere that they were going to make nods to fan films so I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. Good eye man!
By sonicblaster59
You wouldn't be able to get a source on that, could you? I just want to know if this is an authentic nod to the fan film or somethng else.

Egon's nephew from RotGB was made up. There was no official "Ed" in GB canon if I recall.

So if this is true, then it's awesome beyond belief!
By GhstbstrLMLIII
An employee of Terminal Reality who posts over a ghostbusters.net (SN: Skankerzero) confirmed that this was a nod to RotGB.
By rodie
Over on Ghostbusters.net Skankerzero, lead character artist for Terminal Reality, had this to say:
Since the project is almost done, I've been spending my time populating the Firehouse set. I put a couple nods in there for 'Return of the Ghostbusters' and other things you'll have to look for.
http://forums.ghostbusters.net/showpost ... stcount=45
By robbritton
sonicblaster59 wrote:This was posted on Hank's board

I dunno...is this a slight nod to RotGB in GB:VG?

The note says:

"To Uncle Egon, From Ed"
haha! that was me posting that! I am icecoldinalex by night. I had already flagged this in the Vigo video thread, but maybe it got a bit buried there. :)
By DaveFrehley
I can't wait to try and pinpoint all these "nods" to the fans. We'll have to look hard to see if they threw in any GBFans references! :cool:
By J10kmn
sonicblaster59 wrote:This was posted on Hank's board

I dunno...is this a slight nod to RotGB in GB:VG?

The note says:

"To Uncle Egon, From Ed"
that is just epic
By Mr.Spider
Well have to make a definitive list once the game comes out, i am glad they decided to make the firehouse a freeroam hub area in between levels ,with all these nods.
By Donkey8012
I'm just waiting for someone to say that this makes make ROTGB canon...
By J10kmn
Donkey8012 wrote:I'm just waiting for someone to say that this makes make ROTGB canon...
Awrighty, but only cuz you asked.

*ahem*

"... well guys, It seems like it has finally been made clear that ROTGB is canon!"
=P
By rockstar232007
DaveFrehley wrote:On a side note: At a fast glance doesn't that picture look like an obscene drawing? (Superbad style)
You read my mind! :cool::blush:
By rockstar232007
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:An employee of Terminal Reality who posts over a ghostbusters.net (SN: Skankerzero) confirmed that this was a nod to RotGB.
Jesse (a.k.a skankzero) also mentioned that in the opening scene from the game that will be revealed Thursday, he is actually the security guard watching the monitors. :cool:
By GHOSTBUSTERS # 1FAN
Hank, I am a big fan of your GBFanfilms and congratulations on getting the nod for your movies. Good going fellow GBfan.
"You've...you've earned it"
:crunch:
By ectomaster-04
GHOSTBUSTERS # 1FAN wrote:Hank, I am a big fan of your GBFanfilms and congratulations on getting the nod for your movies. Good going fellow GBfan.
"You've...you've earned it"
:crunch:
Yeah! way to go Hank. A GB fan has his work nodded into the game.... Thats Like a once in a lifetime thing for a fan.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
God why couldn't I have gotten my movie out before the game kicked off?! Kind of thought the intro cinematic had some resemblences to one of my earlier Hellbent trailers...i.e dark room centered with a TV playing the generic GB advert...nothing past that though. Besides, pretty basic concept I guess.
By Kingpin
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote:God why couldn't I have gotten my movie out before the game kicked off?! Kind of thought the intro cinematic had some resemblences to one of my earlier Hellbent trailers...i.e dark room centered with a TV playing the generic GB advert...nothing past that though. Besides, pretty basic concept I guess.
There's no guarentee you would've gotten a nod even if you had gotten it out sooner. Hank's films are viewed as two of the best Ghostbusters Fanfilms ever. And I'm not sure they way the intro went was inspired by one of your films trailers. As cinematic setups go it's a rather old concept.
By Donkey8012
Agreed^^^^^. It would have to be one hell of a fan film, as were Hank's two films, to get a mention. I just wonder if they make any references to Freddy Krueger. Probably not with all the copyrights in place.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?