For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
finished the first level on PS3 last night. i like it but the comic parts are really tiny and go to fast. i dont get to take in the whole scene and really enjoy the story line.
GhstbstrLMLIII wrote:So, I apologize for my earlier comment about this being a step back in the animation/look/drawing quality for IDW. They didn't do this animation. And the most recent GB stuff from IDW looks great!
Easy mistake to make, because we already knew IDW worked on the story script, and...well, they're a comic company. It actually seems a little strange that they didn't provide the art.
I never had any problem with any of the bosses, it was the f****' graveyard "rooms" that started doing my head in. Actually, it was the useless partner AI. It's clearly a game meant for multiplayer, which is really fun in itself, but a killer if you're on your own. I really dug the design of Dumazu! And the new characters were cool, too. Not diggin' the trucker cap though, but that's just me. Anyone wants to play multiplayer, my XB gamertag's tyrannojones
I've got the 360 version and after playing the first two levels, i'm finding it...okay.

I'm trying to defend it because of the whole Ghostbusters licence, but like the reviewers will, it's hard not to see right through it overall.
Like with the comic book intro, the lack of speech, ghosts just exploding etc.
It's got some decent moments, but it does feel like a rehash of the awful DS Version of the 2009 game, but in HD.
But, it's enjoyable, despite it's flaws,
I'm getting tired of it. Not sure if I want to try and finish it with the default AI.

I can't even see a lot of the action because it occurs out of the range of the view. Pretty funny when I'm trying to fight a giant spider, yet can't even see it.
Ok having set down with it and played a few levels on both single player and multiplayer, I gotta say that it was about what I was expecting. I had my expectations very low due to the over whelming bad reviews it's getting, but overall the game is worth $10. I just wish it felt like a Ghostbusters game.

I like the style. I like that it's a twin stick shooter and I like that it's a top down game. Like some have mentioned it's a throw back to The Real Ghostbusters arcade.. hey.. here's an idea.. why DIDN'T they make it The Real Ghostbusters?? I would have gladly paid 5, maybe 10 more dollars if the were able to get they likeness of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon in there, along with the same villains and music from the show.

I don't mind the comic book "cutscenes", but I do see where people are coming from with the complaints of not being able to read. I have a 52" HDTV and I had a hard time reading some of it. I would also like for the actual real characters to, you know, look like the characters.

The sounds in the game are pretty generic.. I hear some sounds from the 2009 game in there which is fine. Ecto-1's siren sounded good from what I could tell. The proton beam sounds are pretty generic though.

The music.. I believe the music is what really sets me off. Aside from the song on the title screen, there's no recognizable music from any of the movies.

Again.. I wish they could have just made a "Real Ghostbusters" game, with the same characters as the cartoons. Had some of the music from the show in there.. made some of the bosses from the cartoon show.. something like that. They had a great opportunity to do that.. but again, I guess due to Licensing (the same that caused the Wii version not to use the cartoon character likeness) they couldn't do that.

Those are my main complaints so far. It's a $10 game to hold us over. Hopefully this is testing the waters to see if a sequel to the 2009 game is worth the money and effort.

If anything, playing this might make me finally finish the 2009 game on the hardest difficulty while collecting all the ghost scans and artifacts. Yeah yeah, I know. I'm lazy.
Tried it. Disliked it of course. Just seemed like a pointless game. Your a Ghostbuster, and your blowing up ghosts instead of trapping them. I must have been knocked out several times before leaving an area, just get's annoying.

Overall: Meh.
The jury is still out for me.

To be honest, I was more excited about getting the clothes and other add ons then the game itself.

I am going to play it some more later on.
I think at the end of the day, it was designed (from the developer's POV) to just be a quick bit of multiplayer fun. The partner AI is so stupid at times it's clear that the focus was elsewhere, and having played it multiplayer you can see that's where it was. The multiplayer is a lot of fun, especially with all four of you there in the room. It's like Gauntlet with Ghostbusters, but I dig the story they worked in there and I love some of the boss designs. Not sure why so many people had trouble with the Subway Smasher though...
I gave it a chance. I'm not digging it so far.

Shooting and destroying ghosts instead of trapping them really doesn't feel like Ghostbusters. As was once said, catching ghosts is like getting smoke into a bottle using a baseball bat. How many video games are there where you shoot stuff and it blows up? (That's rhetorical.) On the other hand how many games involve vanquishing the foe by lassoing it and tugging it into place, while holding it still long enough to be captured?

Apparently the trapping was removed so that it wouldn't break up the fast-paced action. Of course, they had no qualms about breaking up the "fast-paced action" with boring, wordy, comic strips that go on for ages. I tried reading them, but sitting a normal distance from my HDTV, the print was giving me a headache. Either the text went by too fast as I was squinting at it, or I couldn't skip through it fast enough once I decided I'd had enough. Why does this type of game even need such a verbose story? Really all I needed this game to say is: Here's a proton pack, go bust ghosts.

The gameplay itself, besides lacking trapping, lacks in other ways as well. It's too easy to be moved off the screen as other players move around or be shooting at something that's off the screen or hidden behind the HUD. And every time a character has something to say during the action, the speech box pops up on the side of the screen IN THE MIDDLE, often right in the way, and requiring a button press to make it go away. The game does not give me the sense that there is any power behind the proton streams. It feels like a weak streamer that you can just flick around at will. The sounds also seem "off" somehow. The music is not bad, but doesn't pull me into the game.

Sure, I've only had part of a day to spend with the game, and as it is a Ghostbusters game I do want to complete it. Right now though, as I think about playing it, it seems like a chore. I ended up paying the ten bucks for it. My kid seems to enjoy playing it with me. He's 7. Then again, he hasn't asked me about playing it at all today... perhaps he's already forgotten about it.
Poor AI, not being able to stick solely with the classic Neutrona wand for a weapon and have it be viable damage-wise, getting ko'd in two hits while the AI stares at a wall (yes this literally happened), and revisiting the same locations over near the end, all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I really wanted to like this game, and I'll give the devs the benefit of the doubt, but unless they patch in to fix all the stupid mistakes then I'm just gonna delete it off my PS3. Any chance we might at least get a No Ghost symbol as a "premium avatar" on PS3 thanks to this game? Would at least be a nice bonus to come out of it.
im having a great time playing this game. its a 10 dollar arcade game, you cant expect a whole lot from that. seriously.

when it lags, is when it gets even more fun. my character laying down waiting to be revived. i was revived, but i was frozen in that position and could only turn in circles and shoot. it was like i was break dancing and it was awesome. a few times, my buddy was teleporting all over the screen.

i actually like this MORE than how ever many seasons of extreme ghostbusters.
I cant believe all the hate this game is getting, It sounds like you all where expecting more from a $10 video game every hear the expression, "you get what you paid for"? Well here is a perfect time to use it. I know the game is really repetitive but the sounds, the lighting, and graphics are fan-frickin-tastic. Now if it was like $15 or $20 which is usually the new xbox arcade price then yeah bitch and complain all you want but it was only $10 and if you dont like it and bought it well thats your own dumb ass fault for buying it and not downloading the demo first. Just cause it has the Ghostbuster logo on it doesnt mean your automaticly gonna like it try it out and then get an opinion. Dont get me wrong Im not saying that everyone should love this game its not for everyone but if your a Ghostbuster fan and want to play a simple ass game and kick back for a while this game is perfect for that.
That's kind of a poor argument. Plenty of games on Live and PSN are 10 and under and worth every penny or more. While I agree the sounds and even graphics are just fine overall (I still can't stand how all the ghosts are either yellow, blue, or red) that doesn't mean simple game mechanics are allowed to suffer. The flaws range from stupid difficulty (which stems from poor mechanics and not actually require strategy), weapons, and the AI's.

As for it being a simple ass game, it isn't. I don't mind difficulty, but when you're swarmed by 20 or so ghosts who go after only human players and you die in two hits from some attack you have no idea where it came from, there's a problem.
VenomSymbiote wrote:I still can't stand how all the ghosts are either yellow, blue, or red
I can't stand how you play with someone online and they don't understand that you use each colored weapon to take down that color ghost!
AJ , how did you get the DON'T TOUCH THE CAR achievement? Did you do it with four people/players? I've done the whole game solo, and I can't seem to get that one, the AI doesn't seem to want to protect the car that badly. So I was curious if it was easier with more human players, or if I just need to keep practicing.
AJ Quick wrote:I just played through the first few minutes of the game.

I actually really like the gameplay. I'm playing on the keyboard with a mouse, but I think using the dual sticks on a controller will make it even more fun. There is a lot going on and that makes it pretty exciting.

Somethings I don't like so far is.. the ghosts tend to majorly target the human player vs. the cpu players. (on single player). The comic cut scenes and other little text messages that pop up and need to be exited through. In fact there seems to be a lot of stuff I want to skip and its not very easy to do so.

We'll see how it plays on Xbox tomorrow.
!!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS AWFUL !!!!!! I DONT THINK YOU PLAYED THE SAME GAME I DID EVERY ONE I PLAYED WITH LAST NIGHT ON PSN SAID THIS GAME SUCK'S
Derrico13 wrote:AJ , how did you get the DON'T TOUCH THE CAR achievement? Did you do it with four people/players? I've done the whole game solo, and I can't seem to get that one, the AI doesn't seem to want to protect the car that badly. So I was curious if it was easier with more human players, or if I just need to keep practicing.
lolwut?

I have no idea.

I know I played 1 time with four people online. I also played by myself for the other driving level. The AI busters tend not to shoot at all when they are on the Ecto.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]