For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Honestly, I'd enjoy this game a lot more if the AI weren't as dumb as a bag of hammers. That's my main issue that keeps this as a 'MEH' game instead of a good game. If anything, it makes it more challenging, which is okay with me.
But it gets really frustrating when the team is up against a swarm of yellow slime zombies, you're knocked out on the ground, and you have two guys randomly firing proton streams into a wall. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, BOYS.
I am enjoying it! Of course I usually play it with real people...

It's literally (as someone on Facebook commented) Gauntlet with Ghostbusters. When playing gauntlet as a kid, I wished they would make a GB version, and now they have. I think it's fun for what it is.

I don't even mind the fact that I only trap the "boss" ghost. I just consider all the other smaller spectors to be merely manifestations of the large malevolent entity. Similar to the dream manifestations in Mr. Sandman, dream me a dream. "They go Poof"
GB:TVG is the standard for which I base all Ghostbusters games from now on. And this is way too crappy and hard for me.
Why even have a trap button and we don't even need it? I don't like the two stick controls, I keep shooting off in the wrong direction, the ghosts sneak up on me when I stay blasting other ghosts, I stay blasting ghosts of one color and another color is right behind me, the ghosts kill me way too easily sometimes right after I get revived. And this is all up to the third level, damn slug thing. The AI may not be smart but they sure know how to rack up the points.
And the "comic book" part: sometimes they go to the next speech bubble before I finish reading the current one, some of the text is a little too small I gotta go closer to the screen to read those, I don't really like the art style (personally it's not "comic book" quality, even IDW's style is not in my tastes, I only buy them BECAUSE its GHOSTBUSTERS).
So, yeah, nothing good about this game for me except for the introduction of new characters and the vehicle.
Oh for the love of...

Yes, we know. Infact this is the THIRD time that's been posted.

If you also notice that gun isn't built like the movie guns. That gun is essentially like the Extreme Ghostbusters guns; it's a new-yet-not neutrona wand that's made by Egon so that crossing the streams wouldn't obliterate everything, and be able to use the "upgrades" to blast the different colored ghosts.

THERE.
batcouille wrote:sorry if this has been already posted...

but what the hell??!?!!??!

that shows just how much respect the people they hired has for the caracters.

how to ruin something good...

Hey thats my pic, And where did u see this at?

Did my pic go Viral or something?

*feels special* =3

And whats with the "play" button in the right hand corner?
I've played it a few times. I agree with other folks here I hate the 2 stick controls. I didn't mind the rookies as much as I thought I was going to.
For $10.00 it's an okay game I hope though it sells well enough that Atari decides to make a follow up or sequel to Ghostbusters: TVG
Now I'm going to go back and continue to try and beat Azetlor in the TVG on professional ( I'm stuck there!)
xtrmn8r17 wrote:Hey thats my pic, And where did u see this at?

Did my pic go Viral or something?

*feels special* =3

And whats with the "play" button in the right hand corner?
http://angryjoeshow.com/2011/03/ghostbu ... tum-part1/

PACHOW. I watched this a while ago and thought the same thing. I couldn't remember if that was yours or not. Looks like Joe lurks on GBFans?
You know, if this were a coin-op machine in an arcade, people would be begging for this thing to get some kind of XBL or PSN console release, regardless of the flaws. I was talking with a couple of other Ghostheads about it and it's an arcade game in every sense of the word. It plays like a game that would chew through quarters in an arcade and is designed specifically for multiplayer, right down to the screens full of enemies and boss gauntlet at the end.

If it had've gone coin-op first, none of these complaints would be coming up now (outside of maybe the two-stick thing and whatever gripes people have about the characters or story -- if any), because we'd have all seen it for exactly what it was meant to be from the start.
Point still stands, though. If you saw this at an arcade, you'd play it because you're a Ghostbusters fan. Regardless of whether you like it or not, preconceptions of the game would be drastically different to what they are as a direct download, and people would still want it as an XBL or PSN game and the complaints would be far less because you already know exactly what you're getting into under an arguably better context. Arcade/coin-op games of THIS sort haven't changed at all. It's just another take on the Gauntlet/Smash TV model. Canon Spike did it ten years ago, that's virtually identical to this but with Capcom characters. They're still churning out games like 1941 and the gameplay is identical. Coin-ops haven't evolved in years, it's just the graphics have -- they're all still working from the same basic design principles. The only ones that really try to innovate are the rhythm games.

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying it's a perfect game by any stretch, I'm just saying the reception would've been immediately different.
cowbybill wrote:I've played it a few times. I agree with other folks here I hate the 2 stick controls. I didn't mind the rookies as much as I thought I was going to.
For $10.00 it's an okay game I hope though it sells well enough that Atari decides to make a follow up or sequel to Ghostbusters: TVG
Now I'm going to go back and continue to try and beat Azetlor in the TVG on professional ( I'm stuck there!)
This is what I'm afraid of: The big wigs will see this new GB game tanking and think "Well, this Ghostbusters game thing just got drained." and decide not to make any more.
Some_Guy wrote:Oh for the love of...

Yes, we know. Infact this is the THIRD time that's been posted.

If you also notice that gun isn't built like the movie guns. That gun is essentially like the Extreme Ghostbusters guns; it's a new-yet-not neutrona wand that's made by Egon so that crossing the streams wouldn't obliterate everything, and be able to use the "upgrades" to blast the different colored ghosts.

THERE.
hey, pretty boy, that's why i wrote "sorry if double post".

read and process before getting arrogant.
Level 10 was a real pain. I think I beat the majority of that level with the AI all dead, lol. Still, a good game. Mostly kept playing just to see more of the story and cutscenes.

In addition to Dumazu, it was interesting one of the other bosses, Nocnitsa was a direct spin from mythology. Nocnitsa was the "Night Hag" in Polish mythology (Nocnica in Russian, Serbian, Slovakian and Gorska Makva in Bulgaria); a nightmare spirit that sat on your chest and terrorized children in their sleep. Mothers put iron under cradles to protect their children, like with Lilith.
This Post Contains Spoilers
I tried again today to finish level 10, first on my own and then (after twenty minutes of frustration) online. The game bugged out and no enemies were appearing, which is apparently a common problem with the game.

Atari really hit a home run with this one.
mrmichaelt wrote:Level 10 was a real pain. I think I beat the majority of that level with the AI all dead, lol. Still, a good game. Mostly kept playing just to see more of the story and cutscenes.

In addition to Dumazu, it was interesting one of the other bosses, Nocnitsa was a direct spin from mythology. Nocnitsa was the "Night Hag" in Polish mythology (Nocnica in Russian, Serbian, Slovakian and Gorska Makva in Bulgaria); a nightmare spirit that sat on your chest and terrorized children in their sleep. Mothers put iron under cradles to protect their children, like with Lilith.
Hey, mrmichaelt, got a response to your spoiler in my spoiler :)
Thanks for playing the game and following the story! Hope you had fun with the new characters!

Best,

Tom Waltz
TomWaltz wrote:Hey, mrmichaelt, got a response to your spoiler in my spoiler :)
Thanks for playing the game and following the story! Hope you had fun with the new characters!

Best,

Tom Waltz
Clever. I forgot about trying an anagram scrambler ever since Lost went off the air. But I'd say Bridget and Geoff were my favorites, especially when Bridget starts ripping into Alan (after learning the "chink" in his "armor"). And Geoff was just hilarious. Something tells me he's an ex-cab driver and he have had a few accidents on his record. A nitpick, but I wish he had a last name.
I started a little late. I just started playing a couple days ago and so far have only gotten through the first three levels. Already, I am starting to see what people are complaining about. I can understand. But, at least so far, I am loving the game. Definitely nowhere near as good as Ghostbusters: The Video Game, but I am just happy we are getting anything rather than nothing.

I will admit that the AI sucks. Plus, I also had a lot of trouble with the yellow slime spewing ghost in the third level. It became frustrating because (since I was playing single player) I knew if I went down, we were doomed. The AI was too stupid and would go down soon after me.

But, then I learned something. It seems like, if you shoot the slime monster right as he is vomiting slime, he will stop and won't charge. So, that helped out a lot and I was able to defeat him.

So, maybe I just haven't gotten far enough in the game yet, but so far I am enjoying it.

Though, I tried to scan through everybody's responses. I can't believe I didn't see (and maybe I just missed it) anybody complaining about the new weapon upgrades. To be honest, I find the two new weapons to be pretty annoying and unhelpful. They don't shoot well, leaving you more often than not shooting at nothing instead of the enemy. Am I the only one who thought so? Still, despite all that, I am just so happy to be playing a new Ghostbusters video game.
I gave the game a whirl the other night. I played it with a mate on the same console, and its no easier than playing by yourself. I think the game would benefit from letting you shoot while flat on your back seeing as thats where I found my character frequently :)

I was a bit annoyed that it takes less time for an AI character to heal you than it does to heal another human controlled player. It takes them only a couple of seconds but when you try to heal your mate it takes forever, and meanwhile the ghosts are piling up behind you.....bah

But other than that I thought it was quite good.
It's a pretty good game. It's designed as a multiplayer game. The single player is good but the AI is complete shite.
6.7/10
Played the demo and just couldn't get excited about the game primarily for the bad AI, lack of innovative gameplay, and difficult to read cutscenes. If I wanted to play Smash TV I'd play that instead.

On the other hand, I was ecstatic that I could get a GB cap and flightsuit/proton pack for my Xbox Live avatar, and promptly used some of my points for that instead.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]