For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
So, we're now less than 3 weeks from the Ghostbusters level pack being released for dimensions (January 22nd). Anyone else looking forward to picking it up?

I'm hoping for a decent length (thats what she said) to it, much longer than The Simpsons and BTTF ones anyway. I haven't tried the Portal or Doctor who packs yet but I've heard both are longer levels all together. Although I do enjoy the "hub world" for bttf along with most others tbh.

So what will you be hoping/expecting from this? Do you think it will cover 1 or both of the films or maybe be a generic adventure in its own right? Maybe trying to catch the ghosts that were released in the campaign level?

Personally, if there is to be no full retail lego Ghostbusters release this year i hope they cram as much into it as possible. Play a good chunk of at least the 1st film for instance. However i am looking forward to the hub world regardless of how the actual level turns out. Should be getting some video previews soon with any luck.
I'm looking forward to it, but because of the cost of the core system, it'll be a while before I'll get to play it. :(

I imagine it'll be analogous in length to the Doctor Who level pack, a reasonable length adventure, but much short than a hypothetical "LEGO Ghostbusters" game would've been.

I'm expecting a selection of adventures from the first and second films. From Ghostbusters I imagine we'll see playable sequences based on the investigating Eleanor Twitty at the New York Public Library, the bust at the Sedgewick, probably the ballroom sequence specifically, and probably the finale with Gozer.

From Ghostbusters II (if that isn't included on a separate, future level pack), there'll probably be investigating Van Horne Station and the river of slime, battling the Scoleri Brothers, walking the Statue of Liberty to the museum, and battling Vigo.
Yeah that seems like a fair bet. I hope they do cover both movies but would certainly be happy with the 1st one. Imagine the whole hub world of new york and all the ghostbuster "easter eggs" that're bound to be littered all over the place. Very cool!

Slightly off topic (though not really i suppose) - do you envision any kind of full retail release game any time soon? Be it an actual lego game, full release/tie in to GB16 or even some kind of downloadable game from psn/xbox live. I'd like to think that if nothing was to be released at some point this year, or even announced, then it would be such a missed oppurtunity and a shame.
Sadly it won't be all of New York, not like in the LEGO Marvel/Avengers games, it'll be a parcel of New York land, probably only a few blocks if the Hill Valley hub is anything to go by.

I recall someone saying that Dimensions was LEGO's answer to titles that either weren't strong enough, or substantial enough to have their own stand-alone games (in the case of Ghostbusters, a game might not have enough sales/interest to justify it, especially based on how the 2008 video game did). If we do see a full game, it might be for the Reboot crew, and that'd also depend on if they have more than one movie.
We got my son a WiiU for Christmas and he also got Lego Dimensions from my parents. I bought the Doctor Who set well before he had the system and game. I just wanted the Lego doctor. I have to tell you that the game is amazing. pricey but amazing.
Had a thought today -

With the doctor who dimensions pack, it allows the player to be any of the doctors that have come before. I'm just wondering if the same thing will happen with the Ghostbusters pack? So you could play as any 4 of the GB's. Would be cool and if a second character "pad" was attained one could easily put one of the other Lego figs on it instead of venkman for display or to tell the differenc between player one and two.
I have been looking forward to the release of the Ghostbusters Level pack since I saw the first pictures of it online. I am looking forward to busting ghosts both in the main game and in the Ghostbusters world. Other the Jurassic World level, I have not ventured much outside of the main portion of the game yet. I get the feeling that regardless of the length I will enjoy it just as much as I enjoyed the 2009 video game.
With the release of the Firehouse, I got some of the last bricks necessary to complete my 'early' version of Peter and the Ghost Trap/Containment Unit. Also, for good measure, here's my retro-engineered Terror Dog. I've actually done a pair of those, one with shorter horns for Zuul.

Soon I'll be able to compare my guesstimates to the real recipes.

Alex
By noamatt
Since there is already a thread for this I'll post it here. I was at my local Toys R Us in Maryland this evening and look what I found!

The cashier couldn't get the reader to scan it and after checking with customer service she came back and said they weren't suppose to be out on the floor yet. I said I know, but you aren't going to make me wait 6 more days are you. Manager came over and did an override, didn't question it at all. My lucky day!

Got home, started thinking, this isn't going to work in the game w/o an update, which probably won't happen till release day. So I tried anyway, built Venkman and he loaded right up. Game didn't prompt me about the other stuff like the world being unlocked or anything but said I could build the Ecto-1 or Ghost Trap. So I did each one. Tried to play the Ghostbuster's level. Sorry, this content requires update.

Doesn't matter, I have a Ghostbuster w/ Proton Pack and an Ecto-1 that has the siren but it gets partially cut off. Still pretty awesome. If you shoot the proton stream at fellow characters they get caught in the containment stream and float into the air. Couldn't get them into the trap. I enjoyed the hour I had to play it tonight.
By noamatt
It didn't appear that you could play as other characters. However, it could also be that all the content isn't available yet since the update has to be applied.
By gboy6
I don't think you can play the other busters. The character or vehicle on the base, probably, has no effect on the one being played. It's just a way of identifying what's saved on the chip in the base. So you could play without having a character or vehicle on the base. Doctor Who is an exception because he reincarnates when he dies.
Loaded up dimensions today and the update has gone live for the GB level. There is also a decriotion of the level where it states "explore the ghostbusters adventure world set in a spooky, haunted New York City. Play as Egon, Venkman, Stantz and Zeddemore completing quests and chasing down ghosts. After all, the ghostbusters have the tools, and they have the talent."

Very excited now :p
Buckynohair wrote:Loaded up dimensions today and the update has gone live for the GB level. There is also a decriotion of the level where it states "explore the ghostbusters adventure world set in a spooky, haunted New York City. Play as Egon, Venkman, Stantz and Zeddemore completing quests and chasing down ghosts. After all, the ghostbusters have the tools, and they have the talent."

Very excited now [emoji14]
Cool! Now we need some gameplay videoes while we wait for our pre-orders [emoji4]
I haven't found anything on the internet as of where and which worlds have swarms of ghost that peter venkman can capture besides the ghostbusters world/levels. I have found swarms in the lord of the rings, lego movie and wizard of oz worlds. Nothing in Scooby doo world that we could find. My son and I will keep hunting and keep you posted. We have ninjago, chima, jurassic world, simpsons and back to the future worlds that we have to search yet. Dr. Who, portal and midway arcade levels we can't access b/c we don't have the figures
I am still looking for ghost swarms too. I am not sure how far you are in the Scooby Doo open world, but I believe that you have to locate all of the missing Scooby Gang in the Haunted mansion, then after that Velma will be standing in the Cemetery. If you talk to her she will say that she actually believes that what they are facing in the cemetery are actual Ghosts so she says that we need someone who has the right equipment to deal with such a thing. After that you will see that there are 3 containment units to fill so you can get a gold brick. Even after you get the gold brick, you can return to these levels and capture the swarms as many times as you want. That's what I do.;) There is also a Swarm of Ghosts in Ninjago World in a cave next to the beach. Let me know if you find any other swarms in other worlds I haven't found any in DC World or Chima. :):):)
Finally got to play through the level last night. Overall, I enjoyed it.
This Post Contains Spoilers
I'm not 100% sure about the pre-programmed toy tags for the minifigs, but my son accidentally saved the Delorean as another Flying Monkey, and it was letting us put two Flying Monkeys on at the same time.

I think. I know both kits were reading as the monkey, I just don't recall if we had both on the console together now that I think about it.

We've since correctly re-saved the Delorean, or I'd go check that.

Alex
By troy_225
My son and I we're playing the new ghostbusters level included in the peter venkman set. When your fighting zoul at the end, you use wildstyle to detect something close to temple and then a wonder women thing pops up. Reflect the beam towards the two terror dogs and a portal pops up at the temple which leads to dana barretts apartment. Pretty cool
By EJLambert
When you have Doctor Who with Venkman, the
Doctor says something along the lines of: "Who you gonna call? By the look of your suit, I'd say a dry cleaners."
zeta otaku wrote:Follow the rail road tracks. It's behind the world... I just don't remember what time period it's in. It's either 1885 or 1985.

Thanks Man I will do that. I haven't still haven't found any in the DC World. I thought there would be some at the Simpsons cemetery but I found nothing. I just need to explore a little more. Each world is pretty big. :):):)

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]