For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By BradRedfield
The moment I saw Activision was publishing this I thought, "Oh, could Platinum be working on this?"

A Platinum-developed GB game would be insane.
By zeta otaku
I can only hope it has similar gameplay to the 2009 game. I really can't see how that could be improved for a Ghostbusters game.
By SpaceBallz
It's being released alongside the new movie, we haven't seen any screen caps or gameplay.

#RushJob
By pyhasanon
If the gameplay is good, I'll play it, no matter what it's based on...
By Kingpin
Naturally it should be kept in mind that like all movie-release tie ins, there will likely not be the level of polish when compared to games that've had longer to be developed.
By J10kmn
I have a feeling it'll be something like Sanctum of Slime. A twin stick shooter seems like the easier way to capitalize on GB in such a short time. Other possibilities I can see are a side-scrolling shooter (similar to Extreme Ghostbusters on GBA) or an on-rails shooter.

I personally would love a point-and-click style adventure game with a similar style to the IDW comics (no need to tie-in, I just love Dan's style) with more emphasis on the paranormal investigation portion of Ghostbusting.

EDIT: ALSO, with how great Lego Dimensions Ghostbusters level was I wouldn't mind a Lego Ghostbusters move tie-in for the reboot. Would coincide with the lego sets that are supposedly coming.
By skankerzero
One thing to take into consideration is that it took 3 years for us to build our game.

How long ago was the movie greenlit according to the leaks?
Troy liked this
By pferreira1983
J10kmn wrote:
EDIT: ALSO, with how great Lego Dimensions Ghostbusters level was I wouldn't mind a Lego Ghostbusters move tie-in for the reboot. Would coincide with the lego sets that are supposedly coming.
Or how about they finally release Lego Dimensions to PC? That would be cool.
By SpaceBallz
skankerzero wrote:One thing to take into consideration is that it took 3 years for us to build our game.

Feig was attached in early Fall 2014 and they started filming June 2015. This game will probably end up in the Xbox Arcade Marketplace (does that still exist?)
By SkyHighGam3r
Personally IDGAF if it's based on the reboot, or if it was rushed to development.

We are getting another Ghostbusters game!

All I care about is that it lets you use the Ghost Trap. It's straight up idiotic when they remove that from gameplay. It's the single best part about ghostbusters. I don't care about the cast, the comedy, the plot, the writing, blah blah blah blah blah.

I live for that ghost screaming on it's way into the trap. When playing the 09 game, I purposely never upgrade my trap to prolong that process.

I still get goosebumps, even at play through 15 or however many times lol.
gold333 liked this
By Scuba Steve
skankerzero wrote:One thing to take into consideration is that it took 3 years for us to build our game.

I was thinking this as well. To get anything close to a AAA quality release you'd need several years of development time. Activision's 'Call of Duty' just went from a 2 to a 3 year production rotation because the developers were rushing to meet the November release deadlines. Even your team at Terminal Velocity had to push the game back by, what, 6 months, to deal with bugs and polish?
By DarkSpectre
It really feels like they're shooting from the hip for most of the merchandising. Like there's not a whole lot of thought on how some of this stuff will even sell and target audience.
By Some_Guy
Alright, so I've been selling video games for ten years. From my experience selling games; movie and TV show games are literally the worst ones to release every year. "But Some_Guy, The Ghostbusters game was pretty go--" It was, because it wasn't a tie-in directly related to a coinciding movie or tv show. Most of the time the development cycle on these games are less than a year.

Do you know who has quite a few of these cash-in titles? Activision. Remember Terminal Reality? How they shut down? What was their last game again? oh right, Walking Dead Survival Instinct. Guess who the publisher was--Activision. Not to mention that Activision wanted to scrap the original 2009 GB game for reasons that I don't remember right now.

Regardless, the game isn't going to be bad because UUUGGGHH FEEGBUSTARZ!1!1!!1 it's because to be bad because Activision is going to hire an either struggling studio, or unknown studio, to pull an intense rushjob on this game. The worst part is, is that if the game does rate poorly, it's always on the devs fault--never on the pushy, pushy publisher.
goldenhawk, Troy liked this
By gold333
No one has higher expectations for GB merchandise than people on this forum. Thats why I was very pleasantly surprised and very lucky how the 2009 game came out (thanks to skankerzero), and for the matty props (bar the goggles ofc.)

I think it will be a miracle if this new game doesn't disappoint considering the development time.
By Ghostlover
Like such shooters, they are always holding you with intrigue. But I personally thought that the design will be a little bit better than thay did. I like the Ghost Busters from my childhood (sorry for my English, I`m not a native speaker). And due to the fact I like this game, one of my friend sent me a birthday gift which looked like the GhostBusters slot machine http://www.slotozilla.com/free-slots/ghostbusters . I don`t actually like slot machines and other similar games, but this one is pretty funny) Generally, I`d like to find anything similar to this games as they are so old school and remain me the old series of GhostBusters))
By Sp9543
Hopefully, we will see some screengrabs or at least glean some new info about the style and/or gameplay this month. I wonder if we will be hit with a LEGO GB game, too. Those are fun.
By philmorgan81
I would totally get behind this game if it has no tie to the reboot, but puts more focus on the characters we already know. If it is something like this new Turtles game I would be all for it.

The turtles have a new movie coming out, but this game seems to have its own story and looks more like the style of the IDW comics. I hope that they have a similar idea for the Ghostbusters property. :):):) Here's hoping.

Last edited by Kingpin on February 2nd, 2016, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added Youtube code
By Kingpin
Platinum definitely deserves kudos for making their recent licenced properties look appropriate for the franchises they were based on (Their Transformers game looks fantastic), but a brawler doesn't feel the right genre for Ghostbusters.
By timeware
If there are phone based apps we could see a re release of the RGB game. It would be easy for Activision to include both the original GB's and new GB's in the game. Although I have the feeling if they make the original GB's available they may be unlocked after purchase or playing through the game as the new GB's on the highest difficulty.
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote:Platinum definitely deserves kudos for making their recent licenced properties look appropriate for the franchises they were based on (Their Transformers game looks fantastic), but a brawler doesn't feel the right genre for Ghostbusters.
Oh no, you are absolutely right it wouldn't work as a brawler. I was just referring to the kind of love and care that seemed to have gone into the Transformers Devastation and Mutants in Manhattan game. I would be very interested to see what kind of mechanics they might come up with for a Ghostbusters game with that kind of cell shaded art style. :):):)
By J10kmn
If Platinum were to work on the game I could see it having the spirit of their brawlers and feel like a streamlined GB:TVG. Not that that glorious piece of fan service needs it. But if you speed up (or eliminate) the full trapping mechanic and throw in some of the new equipment (grenades, ecto-woodchipper, etc), make combat slightly more movement oriented and more frequent, keep the majority of the storytelling to cut scenes and dialogue, then I think you would have a semi-decent Platinum-style game. Imagine a third-person Sanctum of Slime but good. Definitely not GB:TVG but a serviceable tie-in.
By csquared
The recent mad max game gives me a little bit of hope for movie based releases. That said, if they could do some sort of open world game that would be amazing. I NEED to drive the ecto.
By skankerzero
Keep in mind that Mad Max was in development for a minimum of 3 - 4 years.

Movie games are not any different than regular games. If any game doesn't get a good amount of development time, it will suffer. Give any game with any license the proper time and it will be good.
robbritton liked this
By gold333
skankerzero wrote:Keep in mind that Mad Max was in development for a minimum of 3 - 4 years.

Movie games are not any different than regular games. If any game doesn't get a good amount of development time, it will suffer. Give any game with any license the proper time and it will be good.

I hope we have someone with your passion, knowledge and accessibility to fans, working in the team for this new game as we had for GBTVG 2009.

Someone like that adds a number of dimensions in quality to the final product.
By Buckynohair
So we're still waiting for an official announcement from Activision regarding a new game. I wonder if we might get the 09 game "remastered" release by any chance too.
SkyHighGam3r liked this
By Mikeol1987
If this is a new (proper) Ghostbusters game, then I'm very excited. if it has ANYTHING to do with the reboot, then I need to put my excitement back in the fridge.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]