For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By Slimered
I can't wait to play this:

Abby Yates seems like an odd choice. She hasn't really done much in trailers so far, so unless she does more in the actual film I don't get why it isn't Jillian Holtzmann.
UntouchableGen wrote:Wait, so this will be a full LEGO game only about the new Ghostbusters? No cameos from other LEGO characters? No other LEGO integration?
No idea at this point, however the inevitable trailer for the pack should reveal more info.
UntouchableGen wrote:Wait, so this will be a full LEGO game only about the new Ghostbusters? No cameos from other LEGO characters? No other LEGO integration?
It sounds like this will be half of a LEGO Ghostbusters game as it will only have six levels.
By gboy6
Like Murray, McCarthy is a more recognized name. They both have more lead roles then the rest of the team. I weren't familiar with Mckinnon, Wiig, or Jones before they were casted for Ghostbusters and started looking them up. So that's why I think she's the new Venkman and probably her character is written to be as such.
Since Yates is Venkman, Holtzmann is new Ray (due to her childlike tendicies), Gilbert is Egon (misunderstood genius) and Patty is Winston, obviously (token black, down to earth).
gboy6 wrote:Like Murray, McCarthy is a more recognized name. They both have more lead roles then the rest of the team. I weren't familiar with Mckinnon, Wiig, or Jones before they were casted for Ghostbusters and started looking them up. So that's why I think she's the new Venkman and probably her character is written to be as such.
Since Yates is Venkman, Holtzmann is new Ray (due to her childlike tendicies), Gilbert is Egon (misunderstood genius) and Patty is Winston, obviously (token black, down to earth).
Jillian Holtzmann looks more similar to Egon to me based on the trailers.
By gboy6
If you're going by looks Abby is Ray (animated Ray is a little on the chubby side), Patty is still Winston, and Gilbert is left with Peter.
Gilbert doesn't seem like a Venkman type. Jillian seems like she's a mesh of Peter(she picks on Gilbert, the same way Peter picks on Ray), Ray (childlike) and Egon (looks and brains).
By timeware
Probably not at this point. If you are just getting started into lego dimensions like I will be I would suggest buying it for X Box one. The Wii will be retired next year so it would be pointless to buy it for that. I would hate for someone to drop alot of money on dimensions and not have it be cross compatible with Nintendo's new system coming out.

A list of the new franchises coming out:

Ghostbusters (2016)
Harry Potter
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Adventure Time
Mission: Impossible
The A-Team
The Lego Batman Movie
The Goonies
Sonic The Hedgehog
Teen Titans Go!
Lego City Undercover
Knight Rider
The Powerpuff Girls
Gremlins
Beetlejuice
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

The new GB pack unlocks the GB world, and arenas. I'm unclear if that includes GB classic or if they will release a GB classic pack altogether. I think you have to buy this pack if you want to be able to play the other franchises as well. I'm more looking forward to the knight rider pack. It's a necessary evil, but i'll be purchasing the GB2016 pack if this is the case.
timeware wrote:Probably not at this point. If you are just getting started into lego dimensions like I will be I would suggest buying it for X Box one. The Wii will be retired next year so it would be pointless to buy it for that. I would hate for someone to drop alot of money on dimensions and not have it be cross compatible with Nintendo's new system coming out.

A list of the new franchises coming out:

Ghostbusters (2016)
Harry Potter
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Adventure Time
Mission: Impossible
The A-Team
The Lego Batman Movie
The Goonies
Sonic The Hedgehog
Teen Titans Go!
Lego City Undercover
Knight Rider
The Powerpuff Girls
Gremlins
Beetlejuice
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

The new GB pack unlocks the GB world, and arenas. I'm unclear if that includes GB classic or if they will release a GB classic pack altogether. I think you have to buy this pack if you want to be able to play the other franchises as well. I'm more looking forward to the knight rider pack. It's a necessary evil, but i'll be purchasing the GB2016 pack if this is the case.
They've already done 1984 Ghostbusters NFC figures and a level pack. The 1984 Ghostbusters has its own adventure world.
Year 2 will also introduce the Battle Arena, LEGO’s first competitive mode. It’s been designed for four-player split-screen and is accessed through LEGO minifigures released during Year 2. Each comes with a golden Toy Tag that unlocks a Battle Arena within the Free Play Adventure World. Each arena comes with four different gameplay modes and includes its own unique maps, traps, and special powers.

LEGO Dimensions Year 2 begins rolling out September 27 on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. Year 2 minifigures are compatible with Year 1’s ToyPad so there is no reason to buy another Starter Pack.
I'm curious about the battle arena system.I think this means that the orignal GB pack will not be compatable with the new GB2016 pack when it comes to the battle arena. Does this mean Lego plans on releasing golden toy tag mini figures for previously released sets so they can be compatible with the new arena set up?
By Kingpin
If it's anything like how Disney Infinity was set up, probably not.

When I was working for GAME in over the Christmas period of 2014/2015, Infinity made the shift from series 1 to series 2. Series 2 featured the Toy Box mode which would allow people to use figures from both series in the game, however none of the figures with Series 2 would be recognised by the Series 1 version of the game.

The Battle Arena might work like the Toy Box mode, offering something in which people can use their Series 1 Lego figures, however there may not be many of the figures from Series 1 that'll play a role in the sequel's story mode, and it's a pretty safe bet none of the figures in Series 2 will be recognised in the older version of the game.
By J10kmn
From what I've seen at e3 so far:
- There is no new pad or disc, the one you have now works with all the content moving forward. The Ghostbusters portal dressing is just cosmetic. Year 2 content is going to be patched into the main game when the figures are released.
- Just like each Year 1 pack unlocked the corresponding franchise's open world, each pack in Year 2 unlocks a franchise specific battle arena (Adventure Time unlocks a pillow fort-like arena).
- Figures from Year 1 are completely compatible with Year 2 content and visa versa as this isn't a sequel but an expansion upon the base game. (You can feed Gizmo with Scooby's food stack to turn him into a Gremlin)
below_radar_00 liked this
I am looking forward to picking this up just to have a whole new level full of Ghosts to catch. It will be fun to play through the reboot level with Peter Venkman. Seeing both Peter and Abby on the same screen is probably the closest I will see of the original connecting to the reboot. :):):)
troy_225 liked this
By Kingpin
A video filmed by fbtb.net previewing a demo version of the first level of the Ghostbusters Story Pack has popped up online:

Viewer caution is advised as one of the two people demonstrating the demo may have revealed a spoiler from toward the end of the film.

The video also reveals the new "rift" feature that's part of this story pack (and probably others as part of LEGO Dimensions Series 2) that sees the characters jump between alternate dimensions (like the Gozerian dimension the Ghostbusters visited during the events of Ghostbusters: The Videogame) to solve parts of the in-game puzzles.

On top of that, the video also gives us a good idea of how long the level play-through is, and it feels more on the length of time we're familiar with from the standalone LEGO games.

FTFB has also got a few photos giving us a closer look at the Zhu's Chinese Restaurant Portal set, Abby and the Ecto-1 mini set.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]