For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By Bangoose
Anyone else a fan of this game? Used to play it all the time when i was little at the arcades. There are some little annoying things about this game though, like Slimer dancing back and fourth infront of you when trying to get a power up and the endless loop of the GB theme.

below_radar_00 liked this
LOVE this game. It's my favorite pre 2009 GB game. I actually like the Gameboy Ghostbusters II game as well. But yea, I love this game so much that I own the actual arcade cabinet and then I built a replica of the original as well with a PC in it so I can play all the classics. One day I'm going to do a post with my GB room.
My biggest complaint with this game is that it doesn't have very much to do with ghostbusting. It's a very uninspired Commando clone and I just feel a lot more could have been done with the RGB franchise - business management, weapon upgrades, maybe even a few RPG mechanics.
Kid Chameleon wrote:My biggest complaint with this game is that it doesn't have very much to do with ghostbusting. It's a very uninspired Commando clone and I just feel a lot more could have been done with the RGB franchise - business management, weapon upgrades, maybe even a few RPG mechanics.
They made that game already, most famous on the Nes and C64.
pferreira1983 wrote:
Kid Chameleon wrote:My biggest complaint with this game is that it doesn't have very much to do with ghostbusting. It's a very uninspired Commando clone and I just feel a lot more could have been done with the RGB franchise - business management, weapon upgrades, maybe even a few RPG mechanics.
They made that game already, most famous on the Nes and C64.
I was thinking of something more ambitious than that. Something that featured all four ghostbusters with different attributes and a sandbox environment where you could take jobs, make money, build up the business and gradually unlock the big boss villains like Samhain and the Sandman. I think such a game would have been possible in the late 80s but it would have to have been on PC and there would have been a huge trade off in graphics and sound.
Kid Chameleon wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:They made that game already, most famous on the Nes and C64.
I was thinking of something more ambitious than that. Something that featured all four ghostbusters with different attributes and a sandbox environment where you could take jobs, make money, build up the business and gradually unlock the big boss villains like Samhain and the Sandman. I think such a game would have been possible in the late 80s but it would have to have been on PC and there would have been a huge trade off in graphics and sound.
Not sure about PC. Amiga could have done it, the probably would have ported such a game to C64 and ZX Spectrum.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]