This is a log I wanted to share of my exploits of building my PKE. After some careful deliberation I decided that one of these projects was going to incorporate modding an existing Toy PKE Shell from the RGB Cartoon. I had only a few specific things I wanted to do with this - have passable working lights, make it look "realistic", have retractable "arms", and be easy to carry on me since I also will have a pack and trap whenever I'm in full gear. Not going for 100% accurate in either variation - just going with the flow towards my own design.

I've already started working on this project earlier today so I'll catch you up to what's happening.

The PKE was spray painted a stark black and with the intention of adding lights to the 'screen area', I'd stripped away the plastic that was the "Screen", as such....

All that white splotch stuff is extra plastic from sanding the hell out of it. I've not washed it yet of this and it will look better next time :blush:

My biggest obstacle I'll have during this endeavor is that I have little in the way of tools to seriously modify anything I come to use on this project, so most of what I have will have to be used without such changes - creatively. For example: To take out this plastic I had to hand screw some holes with a drill bit in the plastic, then take wire cutters and cut out what plastic I could, then sanded the rest to what you see for about an hour. I'm going to find a piece of plastic or glass and make a cover so that you'll only see the lights when the screen is working. I need to respray what's leftover since the original picture was taken off.

I found a set of old school TV antenna ears, I wanted to spare the elbows, so I ended up removing the plastic base and the other extension pieces of the ears til I came to such....

They'll need to be shortened a bit before they can really be used because of the size of the toy. I want to work out a small telescoping rail system as you see in the cartoon so the ears are not in a lot of danger of being damaged - I do not know if that will happen in the end but that is one of my project goals for this piece.

I also at this time have this steel loom for which I plan to have a piece of cord running off the pke to a small box that will be worn on my belt - under the pack - similar to the cartoon as well. See the loom as...

Also researching some simple LED light systems I can soder together. Because of the limited things I can do the systems I will have to use need to be easy to install in the space given. I know - more pics, less talk. Promise that for next time fellow ghostheads. Wish me luck!
Last edited by Jett Wriggley on July 27th, 2009, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loom to belt is interesting... I'll be following this..
This is the second PKE project I'd been working on for some time. The goal was to convert/combine a handheld fishing game and this wrist morpher toy from the kids TV show SuperHuman Samurai Cybersquad. (does anyone else remember that show?)

I got the boot to try to come up with it for a friend going to SDCC as a Ghostbuster but I didn't have the tools to put it together ( I had hotglue that gave me an idea where I was going, but that wouldn't hold worth anything.)

Anyway, so this is what I came up with so far.

With a few screws and the sacrifice of a Walgreens Tupperware top I was looking to find a way to create something to hold the CS Morpher in the handle while still having access to its battery compartment to work the light on its face. I always thought this would make a good body for a quick PKE, but trying to combine it with the Fishing game body has been very challenging.

I've not gotten a chance to repaint it yet, and I'm going to try to ad some more details and a couple new lights. I also bought a cheap cell phone belt clip and attached it to the back (not shown). Overall I don't think it turned out too badly thus far, but we'll see how things come out in the end.

Thoughts are of course welcomed as I try to improve these projects.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]