By Ryusui
Too true.
It'd be an interesting concept to try, but I somehow think the PKE meter would not accomodate an iPhone/iTouch. That'd be cool. An iPhone Tobin's App.
By CPU64
I always wanted to install a little screen from something like a Gameboy Advance and have a little video of the RGB pke meter screen playing in a loop.
We could look into something like that especially now that we have things like USB key chain picture viewers that are so inexpensive and common...
By torsoboy
Wow! LOL. It seems I have a few folks interested.

I'm in the process of molding this thing. I'm breaking it into three molds: top half body, bottom half body, and grip. The grip will be a solid casting, and the top and bottom body halves will be hollow shells. The shells will each have a tiny bit of the opposite half cast on it, and there is a molded seam line on each half. So if I make a production run, the buyer will have to cut down each half to that seam line for a perfect fit. That explanation may be a bit confusing, but it will make sense when I post pics of the first casting.

I've made a mold for the grip, but I may end up redoing the entire piece. I stripped away the netting to reveal a positive grip and molded that up, but some of the detail didn't come out. So I may end up just starting over on the grip entirely.

The top half mold is done, I finished that last night. And tonight I'm going to mold up the bottom half.
By torsoboy
Ok guys and gals, I'm going to be doing a production run of these.

I've finished the top and bottom molds for the body portion of the PKE meter. I'm still contemplating redoing the grip portion, but that should be no biggy if I can get the netting to work correctly. Oh, and I still have yet to mold the arm piece, but it's all coming together.

Please DO NOT pm me or email me or anything regarding a list. When I'm ready to put up an order list, I'll put one up.

I still need to cast our personal copies, and once that's done, then I'll throw up the order list.

I'm considering a flat $100/shipped for one kit, $175 for two. Also, I really hate having to ship internationally, so for now it will have to be US buyers only. Many apologies for international members.
By undertaker6x3
You've got me drooling! I can't wait to see what the final product looks like! I hope somebody is getting a lighting kit like the game ready for the PKE Meter. I'm very interested in getting one. :cool::cool::cool:
By Ecto-ASH
Well just let us Internationals know as soon as you can, that thing is f+++ awesome!!! and I'm ready for it as soon as you can send it to OZ.
By torsoboy
Many apologies for the progress on this thing taking so long. I know you all are waiting for pics.

I've finished all the molds for this thing, and I can say without a doubt that these are some of the best molds I've ever made. So clean and crisp, and the molds should hold up for at least one or two hundred castings from each.

Unfortunately, I ran out of resin after I cast the first piece! GAH! But you can see the quality of the molds and the first casting.

Oh, and the new grip mold came out perfectly. Casting the grip will be a little tricky due to the widespread detail across the entire piece, but the top half of the test copy came out perfectly, so it's just a matter of getting the resin thin enough.

By Charlie Richter
Whats the problem sending overseas? Once it leaves your hands there isn't much you can do anyways.

Man ill be up for one for sure. Eh even if you don't end up selling internationally, I'll find a way....
By torsoboy
I always end up getting hassled at the post office when it comes to international stuff. You're welcome to buy through other American members, I just won't be handling any international shipping. Let's just keep it at that, please.

Anyways, I cast up four copies for our group and worked out some kinks in the casting process. It takes about an hour and a half to cast up one full set, though I still have to cast up three more pairs of arms for our group's PKEs. This week (starting tomorrow), I'm going to start casting up full sets for sale. I'm essentially open for business. Order lists can get out of hand really quickly, with people PMing and posting and emailing, all claiming they were first... Let me cast up some copies and sell them and build up some rhythm before I take orders. I'll make 4 or 5 and put them up for sale, and we'll go from there!

Original model:

Raw casts:

Trimmed and primed (though still not cleaned up perfectly):

By FrozenStar
I can't wait until these molds are available.

I'm a GB.net user since childhood returning to the community after tragically losing a bidding war on a pristine Iona through eBay. I know it was some Ghosthead in the bottom of my heart.

I know with your workload, these won't be done in time for Halloween '09, but I'm patient -- and I want 3...

:D

Keep up the great work!!!
By undertaker6x3
torsoboy, great work!!!!

Your PKE Meter looks very impressive!!!

I know I'm very interested in getting one, sometime after the new year when I start getting my gear together.

I think you haven't made any mention of the electronics for this, which would be my only concern. I hope somebody can put up an easy to follow plan for the screen and wands for those of us that are novices.

Again, torsoboy very nice work. :cool:
By torsoboy
ProtonCharger wrote:what are we looking at for a price? because im thinkin about wanting one.
I'll be asking for $100 shipped (flat rate). US buyers only at the moment, though.
undertaker6x3 wrote:I think you haven't made any mention of the electronics for this, which would be my only concern. I hope somebody can put up an easy to follow plan for the screen and wands for those of us that are novices.
I haven't mentioned electronics at all. I'm not doing electronics for this, I don't know how. :/ It should be easy enough for you electronics gurus, though!

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]