For those that wanted more pics:

Here's a shot of the back, I just cut a hole for the power switch in the back of the handle. Not super pretty, but it's hidden in your hand while holding the PKE and makes turning it on/off a snap.

And the circuit board itself. I just used my fingers/tweezers to slot the LEDS into the front face, then just set the circuit board in and then used a length of bamboo skewer under the side ridges to hold it in place. It's actually VERY solid, and makes things easy to remove if needed.

And here's the other side. You can see the scrap wood I glued into the top half of the front for the shell screws. The servos are glued onto the sides of the shell, and you can see some white where I had to clear away a little of the molding inside to have the servos sit level. Also, you can see where the 9v battery is just ducttaped in. I considered hiding it in the handle, but there was JUST not enough space, and by that point I was getting tired of dremeling the inside and just taped it in place. Still, it adds a little weight to the main chamber as if it were actually stuffed full of electronics and makes it easy to swap out, so no worries.

This is just a different angle on the insides. The only things glued in are the servos themselves, the power switch, and the scrap wood. You can easily pop everything out if you need to work on anything. Some people glue the wings onto the servos, but I found that with guntahkela's wings being molded to hold the crossbar inside, I just glued that into the wing itself but didn't glue it onto the servo directly. They hold just fine and also pop off easily if any wires come loose and need to be resoldered in the future.

And a still shot of the finished PKE:

Cornelius wrote:I guess I forgot the word 'not'. Oh well, I have an excuse: I'm not a native speaker! (but then again, I teach English; I guess I had better quit my job).
No, it's cool, I figured as much, just wanted to make sure I hadn't dissuaded anyone away from the PKE kit. It's a good solid kit and looks great when finished.

How's everyone else coming on their PKEs? I'm curious, and I like watching all of this stuff come together.
madeinsocal6 wrote:I'm also wondering about what Jixton asked. I've tried emailing Hyperdyne several ties but never received a reply.
I e-mailed too the other day......and no-reply either.

Perhaps it's a case of: "If we stop bugging him....He can get on with producing them!" LOL

I think I read somewhere that he's re-developing the kits....and they'll be available soon.

I'm sure there are people here that know even more than that...And hopefully they could fill us in with a rough expected month when they could be available again.
GuntahKela wrote:Hey, guys. I'm the PKE kit maker Peaugh got his body kit from. Great job, Peaugh. I, usually, put these at Ebay, but if you want to save yourselves $6.00 worth of extra fees, you can get them directly from me. PM me for details.
Somehow I missed this. Thanks! I have to say though, much like the parts I bought from MMM, it turned out so great because I had an incredibly fantastic kit to build with. I'm glad to see you constantly selling through your PKE kit runs. It's a great base for a good, functional, quality prop.
And if anyone has a shell and needs the kits, Hyperdyne has their PKE kits, including the deluxe with fully assembled wings, back in stock! I just picked up a pair of assembled wings to finish mine, hooray!
So, I'm going to begin bulding my PKE, but do all the servos go so slowly in steps? In other words, the ones I have seen basically raise it to 25%, then 50% then 75% then 100%...is there a setting to let it jump all the way to 100% or do they have to go through each setting?
MotherPussBucket wrote:So, I'm going to begin bulding my PKE, but do all the servos go so slowly in steps? In other words, the ones I have seen basically raise it to 25%, then 50% then 75% then 100%...is there a setting to let it jump all the way to 100% or do they have to go through each setting?
Servos are positional, whatever signal you give them is the position they go to. I'm assuming you're talking about servo controllers?
Indianapolis_Ghostbusters wrote:I am putting together the Hyperdyne kit in to guntakela shell. Did you have any problems in getting the wings to go up simultaniously. One of my wings will go up higher than the other. Then when I reset their positions one of the wings goes into the shell further.
I'm putting one together as well, and it sounds like you have one servo positioned in further than the other. just take the wing loose from the servo and readjust the position on the splines.

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]