By mburkit
Just a little forewarning to those thinking of doing this. I've been having issues with the servos I have listed in the parts list. I've gone through 3/4 that I have so far. So I'm shopping around looking for something else that will work that is the right size for this project. I'll give an update when I find something.
By BSjohnson
Thanks for the heads up!
By BSjohnson
Ron Daniels wrote:
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:Where's that schematic, Matt?
By BSjohnson
Rock on. Thanks for the update!
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:I have a prototype board etching now.
I'm a fan of this.
By jackdoud
jakescorpion wrote:Any update on a schematic?
The few test boards had some issues that needed fixing. Combine that with TJ getting a new computer, the death of a family member (as cliche as that sounds) and prepairing for Wizard World Philly this weekend progress has been slow. Expect new progress in a few weeks.
jackdoud wrote:
jakescorpion wrote:Any update on a schematic?
The few test boards had some issues that needed fixing. Combine that with TJ getting a new computer, the death of a family member (as cliche as that sounds) and prepairing for Wizard World Philly this weekend progress has been slow. Expect new progress in a few weeks.

Yeah, my dad decided to finally succumb to cancer. Sorry.
I'm in the middle of transferring all my files over to a new computer. I had to design some custom library parts in Eagle, but keep an eye on this thread. I've vetted our schematic and am going to bite the bullet and get a few boards made.

Right now, I'm concentrating more on getting the main board functioning easily, as the wings and screen are easy compared to the rest.
Just a quick update. After tweaking the original schematic, I have Gerber files on their way to a prototype board house that doesn't make me use their proprietary software (what moron would do that?).

I'm only getting a handful made, but as soon as I verify my (Matt's) schematic and code work 100% to the movie, I'll let you know!
By Gareee
Cool. I've been wondring is this project would hit the same limbo release issues as the arduin work by Sys. (No ones fault, but shit happens.)
Gareee wrote:Cool. I've been wondring is this project would hit the same limbo release issues as the arduin work by Sys. (No ones fault, but shit happens.)
I have boards being made (or rejected) as I type this.
Quick update:

Screens and wings are out for a bid, but I'm not sure PCB wing panels are the way to go. The issue I forsee with screen PCBs is the fact that not everyone has the same faceplate to fit inside. I have another, cleaner method in mind, though.

Quick question for the masses;

Would you rather cut something to fit, or risk an ill-fitting pre-cut part?
By Gareee
We have GBdan's wingarms that came with his recent iona shell casts, so we'll probably try to use those somehow.
My thing is, I see nothing in wing PCBs that is what we call "value added." In the time it takes to cut out a board, solder on LEDs, try to fit them in a plastic wing, repair broken solder points because we can't get them to fit, etc, I could just wire wrap leads onto individual LEDs, run the wires out the end of the wing, and into the PKE Mobo.
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]