By darth venomous
going through some boxes of mine, I came across this Ms. Pac Man hand held game I bought back in 2003 to help stave off boredom when I worked overnights. It wasn't all that great, so it got put away for many years. So now, the screen's back light doesn't work anymore (might be able to fix that if I can find the right type of resistor to replace one that was damaged). The sound did until a wire came loose last night while I was working on it, and I'm not 100% sure where it goes. I'm hoping I'll be able to repair that sometime this week.
Pic of orignal game:
http://www.designsfinds.com/catalog/g-m ... _thumb.jpg
So last night, I had this crazy idea to make a custom PKE meter out of it for my fiancee. I ripped the labels off and cleaned it the best I could, and took a couple of identical missles from a new Iron Man figure, and set them into the top:
I then painted it black, added a few details to it, put some copper wire around the missles, and this is what I have so far:
Overall, her and I are happy with it, except for the place on the front where the "Ms. Pac-Man" label was. She'd like something there, other than a warning sticker. If anybody has any idea's that could help me on that, that'd be greatly appreciated it. In fact, any suggestions at all would be appreciated.
I'm probably going to add some detail paint scratches (not too many) to it, just to show some wear and help bring out some details.
By darth venomous
wow! That just looks awesome
Definetly made by the same company. That' has given me some good ideas. Thanks for showing that.
By Davlin
Jackdoud, I'm probably out of the subject here, but could you please tell me where you find the electronics for the timer ? As I am a huge Sliders fan, I tried to find anything about it and hit some forums, but the few builders who have that kind of electronics do not share anything, and I would be seriously interested to put my hands on schematics, or more if possible !

Back on topic : Darth venomous, it could be great to fit your prop with electronics for a GB1 PKE, at least for the screen; It would put some "life" into your project. Just my two cents. :)
By jackdoud
Davlin wrote:Jackdoud, I'm probably out of the subject here, but could you please tell me where you find the electronics for the timer ?
I'm assuming you mean actual timing electronics and I'm sorry to say that mine are "non-functional". I built the timer as part of a month-long contest on the RPF a few years ago and only did static lights. I've got a knock-off of one of the cellphones used for the original timers and hope to do an arduino-based build some day but it's nowhere in the forseeable future. If you're interested though I have a build log for my custom timer on my website here: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud/custtimer.html
By darth venomous
Yea, I'm hoping to get the screen to have some type of lights or display eventually. The GB1 idea is a way were considering.
    Favorite William Atherton Movie.

"Die Hard" for me! Atherton's po[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]