By jimbo7
I have been playing with the electronics in my PKE and so far it hasn't been too bad. The biggest challenge is the fit ofcourse. I still need to get the second servo and wing set, but other than that it's getting close.

The thing I dont like about the Hyperdyne kit is the push buttons for the wings. The screen used PKE has touch sensitive wires that allow the wings to lower and raise. So, instead of exposing the buttons, I made switch covers out of styrene to simulate the wires. The idea came from PeteVenkman_Jedi's PKE, so I can't take credit for the switch covers. Although, I still need to round the styrene to make it look more uniform and bring it down just a bit.

Here is the fit so far. I had to heat up the hot glue on the wings and the boards in order to lay the wiring flat. When I recieved the kit, they came straight up at a 90 degree angle. That managed to cause fit issues and not allow the servos to extend the wings. Also, to get the wings to sit low enough in the shell, I had to file down the mounting peg on the servo itself. Every millimeter counts haha.

and here is a video of what I have so far...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G9kLPFdw-U

Finally, I plan on turning some acrylic to make my own light caps for the wings, and mounting the on/off switch at the base of the PKE shell.
By jimbo7
So the PKE is almost finished, sorta. I have the servos and wings mounted, but the shell does not close properly due to lack of space. So to remedy this, im going to move the servos and move the wings via linkages. I just figured I would post a vid as an update and also to have proof that I got this far before I mess it up with moving the guts inside haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZs53hKSXJM
By jimbo7
Alright, I have pretty much gutted the PKE and tried from every angle to get everything to fit inside the shell. After many failed attempts, I found a solution to the tight fits. Basically I turned some 1/4 aluminum rod, tapped and threaded it for a 4-40 SHCS and mounted the wings to those. This allowed me to lower my wing height and move the servos lower into the body.

The insides of the shell are nasty to say the least. That is a result from taking it apart so many times. The next trick was mounting or placing the battery somewhere.

After all the sanding and dremel work, the body finally closes and doesnt snag the wings. Originally I cut one of the wing openings and it really upset me that I had to do that. So, that's when I had decided to turn the wing mounts and patch the portion that I had cut open...

The on/off switch was mounted at the bottom of the handle like the screen used prop.

And here is the shell closed and ready to go

The only things left are, repaint the shell. (since i have fingerprints all over it from the reworks, and I want to add the metallic overspray like the screen used PKE), drill and tap the aluminum for the shell bolts to hold the halfs together, and finally make 1/8" acrylic light caps for the wing LEDs.
By exo95er
Tight fit wasn't it. Clever idea with the servos, placing them opposite of each other!
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]