By pagrashtak
So I got myself a Matty Collector PKE in the mail, and the device seems a bit too visually drab, needs something to add a touch of color to it even while on display. This got me thinking (a dangerous hobby of mine, avoid it if you can). Why not use a bit of yellow/black warning tape to put on the grove running down both sides of the PKE, the tape would have to be split to allow access to the batteries, but it would definitely add a bit of personality to a mass produced item.

What do you guys think, and what kinds of mods are you considering?
SPJ liked this
By Sledge
pagrashtak wrote:So I got myself a Matty Collector PKE in the mail, and the device seems a bit too visually drab, needs something to add a touch of color to it even while on display. This got me thinking (a dangerous hobby of mine, avoid it if you can). Why not use a bit of yellow/black warning tape to put on the grove running down both sides of the PKE, the tape would have to be split to allow access to the batteries, but it would definitely add a bit of personality to a mass produced item.

What do you guys think, and what kinds of mods are you considering?
None! I like it the way it is.......
By The Roach On Twelve
pagrashtak wrote: Why not use a bit of yellow/black warning tape to put on the grove running down both sides of the PKE, the tape would have to be split to allow access to the batteries,
SPJ liked this
By mburkit
I did a few modifications to the mattel pke I have. I sanded the warning print off the back of the handle, mounted a covertec clip onto the pke to hang it from my belt, and repainted it satin black. No reflective tape here.
SPJ liked this
By The Roach On Twelve
mburkit wrote:I did a few modifications to the mattel pke I have. I sanded the warning print off the back of the handle, mounted a covertec clip onto the pke to hang it from my belt, and repainted it satin black. No reflective tape here.
Matt,

Everyone knows that caution tape makes a GB prop!
SPJ liked this
By Egon222
I think they are fine and movie accurate, yet that would be cool too. I almost got one, but it sold out before I could.
By Mr.Spider
I want in pink with purple wings and hello kitty stickers
By Gareee
Mr.Spider wrote:I want in pink with purple wings and hello kitty stickers
I still have my GBdan hot pink shells if you need them...
SPJ liked this
By Mr.Spider
lol, No I'm good Gary, I have his grey ones just kinda sitting around at the moment..... Hrmmmmmm, that's a good idea for a stunt PKE though..........
By Carpeteria
pagrashtak wrote:Why not use a bit of yellow/black warning tape to put on the grove running down both sides of the PKE, the tape would have to be split to allow access to the batteries, but it would definitely add a bit of personality to a mass produced item.
YES. I agree completely, but I don't think you're taking it nearly far enough. Here's a rough sketch I've been working on that I think really takes the PKE to its most logical evolution:

Right? Right?
SPJ, Nicholszz liked this
By ProtonCharger
Carpeteria wrote: YES. I agree completely, but I don't think you're taking it nearly far enough. Here's a rough sketch I've been working on that I think really takes the PKE to its most logical evolution:

there isnt enough caution tape and you dont have a way to attach a nerf maverick to it. why do you suck and disappoint everyone?
SPJ liked this
By ProtonCharger
you turned a pke into a nerf maverick?!

alright i guess im impressed.
SPJ liked this
By gb_dan
mburkit wrote:I did a few modifications to the mattel pke I have. I sanded the warning print off the back of the handle, mounted a covertec clip onto the pke to hang it from my belt, and repainted it satin black. No reflective tape here.
Matt, did you completely disassemble your PKE prior to painting or just mask off the other areas? I've already removed the warning print. I did that about 5 min after I opened it.
By mburkit
gb_dan wrote:
Matt, did you completely disassemble your PKE prior to painting or just mask off the other areas? I've already removed the warning print. I did that about 5 min after I opened it.
I took it fully apart. I removed all the electronics, pulled out the light pipes (CAREFULLY) and removed the slider switch on the face plate of the PKE (once again, CAREFULLY). Sanded the whole thing down, hit it with primer, then a layer of sliver, and finally satin black. Let it dry, and put it back together. It still works so I must have done something right.
SPJ liked this
By Sledge
ok now I was thinking would it be a smart idea to maybe etch my initials or something in a spot that no one would outright see it? not only for theft reasons but in case I am @ a group event and we have all our equipment in a place where things could get mixed up?
By GAVAL
Carpeteria wrote:
pagrashtak wrote:Why not use a bit of yellow/black warning tape to put on the grove running down both sides of the PKE, the tape would have to be split to allow access to the batteries, but it would definitely add a bit of personality to a mass produced item.
YES. I agree completely, but I don't think you're taking it nearly far enough. Here's a rough sketch I've been working on that I think really takes the PKE to its most logical evolution:

Right? Right?

Yes please! And add sequins!
SPJ liked this
By Iggy
Carpeteria wrote:Image
Right? Right?
Yo Dawg, I heard you like PKE's...
By thunderstruck507
mburkit wrote: I took it fully apart. I removed all the electronics, pulled out the light pipes (CAREFULLY) and removed the slider switch on the face plate of the PKE (once again, CAREFULLY). Sanded the whole thing down, hit it with primer, then a layer of sliver, and finally satin black. Let it dry, and put it back together. It still works so I must have done something right.
Have any pictures? I'm not a fan of the silver spec paint they used
By mburkit
To be honest, I did take pictures but because I used satin black, the repaint reflects too much and its hard to even notice the difference in photos. I mean, if you still want to see it, I can take pictures again, I just don't think they will come out too great with the camera I have.
By Vincenzo330
Carpeteria wrote:

Right? Right?
I really like your design, I had originally planned this for the standard PKE but I think it could be modified to fit your version as well.

SPJ liked this
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]