By Croker
Hi all,

Does anyone know of where I can get a PKE electronics kit from? I've managed to get my hands on a resin kit and I'm looking for a light/sound/servo kit to bring it to life.

The Matty ones are pushing £200+ here in the UK so thought I might as well build one.

I've found the hyperdyne kits online which look pretty good. Just wondered if there are any other options out there.

Cheers guys.
By Kingpin
There used to be another option that immediately comes to mind, however between not knowing if the seller still makes PKE kits anymore, and the fact he was banned from this forum, make me hesitant to mention his name.

On a note of reference though, I think Hyperdyne's kit retailed for around £190-ish, so a Matty PKE is not too outlandish around £200 for something that's fully furbished with a casing.
By Croker
Yeah, I've been reading some old posts re that banned member. He still trades on eBay although I don't know if he still does the PKE kits. Might message him as a last resort.

TBH I was looking at the matty one but having the spin the dial on the back and the lack of movie sound puts me off. Plus for the same money I get the please of telling people I built it rather than bought it.

Wasn't to impressed with the plasticy feel of the other Matty stuff if I'm honest.
By plasmar
I used the Hyperdyne kit in my scratch built Iona shell meter and it worked great! My only gripe is I wish the sound was more authentic.
By Croker
Kingpin wrote:The original PKE prop did actually have a spin dial on the back as part of the mechanism.

Yeah, I saw that. I've managed one of GuntahKela's kits which has the dial on the back but it's just a dummy. So look screen accurate but I guess it's easier to operate.
By Croker
plasmar wrote:I used the Hyperdyne kit in my scratch built Iona shell meter and it worked great! My only gripe is I wish the sound was more authentic.
How does the sound compare to the matty one?
By plasmar
Croker wrote:
plasmar wrote:I used the Hyperdyne kit in my scratch built Iona shell meter and it worked great! My only gripe is I wish the sound was more authentic.
How does the sound compare to the matty one?
I don't have the Matty PKE, but I just watched a video on YouTube and I have to say I think the Hyperdyne sounds better. The Matty seems to be more of an electronic beeping sound, while the Hyperdyne kit is more of a clicky beep that sounds more like the real thing as it gets faster. To me, the real PKE sound is more like a mechanical buzzing or rattling sound.

Here is a video (not mine) of the Hyperdyne kit:
https://youtu.be/_-pHExbFq4k

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]