Dreamstalker wrote:Only one of the TRU wave one sets I managed to get is shipping, no word from Toyrocket yet.
You should double check your order on TRU.com... I got an e-mail saying that one of them was in stock and would be shipping, but once I looked at the site it gradually updated, and now all of them are shipping (although they're shipping in 3 different shipments).
I got my Series 1 Minimates last night at Newbury Comics. I opened them as they will be on my desk as I return to work (my students know that the way to an A+ is liking GB).

The only problem is Louis Tully. I love the idea that he's in the terror dog when you open them, but he's a pain in the ass to take apart etc w/o feeling like you may break something. He was finally freed from his dog-prison, just took some time and patience.
Yeah, now I can't get him (or Dana) into the terror dog again without feeling like I'm going to break something.

I'm wondering if the terror dogs in the 2-packs will come apart as well.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I just ordered the following from Diamonds site

and also from toysrus.com:
ImageImageImage

I think I might also check out amazon and see if they have any...

Dreamstalker: I replied to your pm about your extra 4 pack

edit: amazon says the series 2 boxset isnt available until November, is that right? damn...
joeghostbuster wrote:so I got Peter, Egon and Winston - where can I get a Ray minimate? are there any available before the end of the month? my nephews birthday is near the end of July and I wanted to have all 4 busters for him...
the gooey ray from TRU is the only one that is 'out' now...sucks that he's out of stock on the website
joeghostbuster wrote:so I got Peter, Egon and Winston - where can I get a Ray minimate? are there any available before the end of the month? my nephews birthday is near the end of July and I wanted to have all 4 busters for him...
The Gooey Ray is out, but out of stock on TRU.com, so you might have to try to track him down in the store (or just watch the site, since they've been added again, I would bet they'll all be coming back in stock shortly).

Also, there's the GB2 Ray with Slimer Diamond exclusive 2-pack... its available on Toyrocket.com, but it isn't in stock yet. I'm not sure when it comes out, but I have my order in for when it does. (http://www.toyrocket.com/Minimates-Ghos ... 903C0.aspx)
dsl135 wrote:
The Gooey Ray is out, but out of stock on TRU.com, so you might have to try to track him down in the store (or just watch the site, since they've been added again, I would bet they'll all be coming back in stock shortly).

Also, there's the GB2 Ray with Slimer Diamond exclusive 2-pack... its available on Toyrocket.com, but it isn't in stock yet. I'm not sure when it comes out, but I have my order in for when it does. (http://www.toyrocket.com/Minimates-Ghos ... 903C0.aspx)
On Urban Collector.com they're claiming he's a pre-order for October.

http://www.urban-collector.com/ghostbus ... 91402.html
Well, looks like I'm the lucky duck to snag the TRU exclusives first... Here are some pics of my Minimates collection so far.

4-Pack:

Courtroom Peter and Washington Square Ghost:

Gooey Ray and Exploding Stay Puft:

Egon and Library Ghost (note this is the same Egon from the 4-pack):

GB2 Winston and Terror Dog:

Slimed Peter and Slimer:

I will say, I'm not impressed with TRU.com's shipping method. They simply put the Minimate boxes in a padded envelope and mailed them. I had ordered 2 of each set, to keep one in the box... so luckily 1 of each wasn't damaged. None of them were horrible, but a few of them were slightly dented.

I'd have to say right now, my favorite packs are Gooey Ray/Exploding Stay Puft and Slimed Venkman/Slimer... definitely very cool, and very "GB".
I managed to get Louis back in the terror dog, I had to remove his legs, put the waist section into the dog's tail end and carefully snap his legs back on. That posed some other problems with the head not fitting properly at first, but after a few more minutes of fiddling it worked.
can the terror dog be posed w/out the Louis figure inside? if not, I think I have a solution (for me anyway).. I have a speed racer minimate that is just sitting in a diecast Delorean (since I havent been able to track down the BTTF series I minimates) I got him for my nephew (came with the Mach 5 too!) but the car got lost and so did the hair piece... therefore I could put the speed racer figure inside the terror dog and still have Louis!

though I think i'll have to paint him black first to match the terror dog skin...
featofstrength wrote:damn those mates are awesome...though the painted on straps on courtroom Venkman is kinda cheap. wish my 4pack would ship from EE and the 2 TRU sets...patience is dwindling. im working on a Lego Ectomobile for them for when they get here
I too am disappointed with the straps on Courtroom Venkman, and I was really looking forward to that one. Is it me or did they look better in the early packaged pic?

And don't forget this pic which shows him without the straps.

http://www.legionsofgotham.org/GB/Toys/ ... u2pks3.jpg

I figured they were gonna include 2 jackets, one with, and one without straps. Though I guess it would be easy enough to get a black minimate suit jacket without straps, I still wish the straps were sculpted on.
dsl135 wrote:That packaging pic actually looks the same to me... like they're painted on. It really doesn't bother me though, they look fine. Its not like his tie is sculpted or anything, so the straps are fine painted on.

And I'm not sure why you'd want a jacket without the straps... the packs aren't removable.
That's the point. You'd be able to switch the jackets to give him the non proton pack look. Minimates often do that kind of thing with alternate parts.
joeghostbuster wrote:(since I havent been able to track down the BTTF series I minimates)
Good luck. That set went out of production a year or so ago. I managed to swipe the last one that a UK retailer had, thankfully. If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend getting the Part II set now if you want it. DST recently put that one out of production as well.

Oh and that's my picture of Venkman standing in front of Stay-Puft. :cool:

EDIT: Anyone else notice that Peter has brown eyes in the 4-pack and blue eyes in the TRU wave?
These are awesome! Start looking for them at Toys R Us, found them today! Damn $37 lol they are by no means unreasonably priced($6.99 each here) but this stuff adds up for guys like us who gotta get em all. :D Now to find the 4 Pack. Hopefully things go well in the future, we'll see the variants realized in full. Maybe the Scoleri Brothers each with a courtroom Ray and courtroom Egon.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]