hawaiiangb wrote:id much rather have that maid with the cart that gets toasted when they are going after slimer...instead of the ship captain.

Yea in fact, I don't even remember seeing the Ship Captain. Thats like making a minimate based off of Dana's landlord or something.
*drool* When do we predict they'll be available to preorder?
hawaiiangb wrote:id much rather have that maid with the cart that gets toasted when they are going after slimer...instead of the ship captain.
YES. I showed these to my mom and the first thing she said was "I love the Scoleris, but when are they going to do the maid?" :D

The ship captain is cool though.
all I know is the article said "a few short weeks"

I'm still amazed at the assortment and variety of everything we have so far and it hasn't even been a year since almost since these came out. They're small fun and cheap. It's hard to compare it to the matty line but I think I still will :D

I'm sure they look at characters that are marketable or "cool" as a toy. I watched GB2 last night and don't think we even see the Titanic Captain you're right. But as a character for not fans but people that buy toys too. Ya admit, it'd be an easier sell to have a ghostly sea captain rather than a plain hotel maid. (Not that these things appear to be a tough sell at all)

Nothing against the maid, but ya see what I think I'm saying? :D Much in the way your favorite female characters never saw the light of day in action figure lines and you get Rocket Blast Batman, Freeze Ray Batman, Sonic Boom Batman.
only the DST minimates (the fourpacks) are available for him to sell on gbfans I believe, similar to how you can get them via comic shops, etc -- TRU is its own entity with thousands of stores, therefore anything that is "exclusive" to them cannot be found except in their stores and on their website (with the occasional exception of amazon etc), but AJ would know more about it then I do.
Hmm, well, I really haven't hit the Walmart, but then again, not too often you happen upon some collectible GB merchandise; at least not since RGB or EGB in their heyday... :sigh::whatever:
bradboss12 wrote:thanks, I just wanted to support the site. I bought half of my minimates from him.
trust me, if AJ was able to sell the TRU minimates, I would buy exclusively from him and no one else, even if there was a slight markup, at least I would be able to find them and wouldnt have to drive 1.5 hours to my closest TRU - Ive bought some of the DST minimates from the gbfans store, but at that point I had already accumulated a large collection before he started selling them in the store
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Doctor Venkman wrote:
ghostbusters121984 wrote:Hmm, well, I really haven't hit the Walmart, but then again, not too often you happen upon some collectible GB merchandise; at least not since RGB or EGB in their heyday... :sigh::whatever:
Just to clarify, you can't buy these at Walmart.

They're only available at Toys R Us.
Yeah, I know. But I've hit the Amazon.com site lots of times (Sometimes you can find the goods at unbelievably low prices) and I have seen alot of the minimates, including Egon with clear Slimer. These are exclusively at TRU, yes, but who's to say they won't market them and sell them to the lazy couch potatoes (like me who doesn't feel like going anywhere out in the rain to buy anything, much less put my son in the huge downpour we have been having as of late) on Amazon? They do have preorder if it hasn't hit the shelves, you know, lol.
By ghostbusters121984
But I don't feel like hopping on a Greyhound bus (the only form of transportation from Barstow to Victorville to go to the TRU. And I know, for the sake of argument that they're now available at Toys R Us. Forgive me; I woke up early and haven't had my first cup of coffee, yet. -_-
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Yeah, I know. But I've hit the Amazon.com site lots of times (Sometimes you can find the goods at unbelievably low prices) and I have seen alot of the minimates, including Egon with clear Slimer. These are exclusively at TRU, yes, but who's to say they won't market them and sell them to the lazy couch potatoes (like me who doesn't feel like going anywhere out in the rain to buy anything, much less put my son in the huge downpour we have been having as of late) on Amazon? They do have preorder if it hasn't hit the shelves, you know, lol.
egon and clear slimer don't come together. what you saw was probably someone selling them loose. in fact, if you see any of the TRU minimates on amazon, they're being sold through a third party cause it's either brick&mortar TRU, TRU.com or bust.

Oops! I f**** up. Amazon.com features the Slimed Peter Venkman with Clear Slimer. Sorry for the confusion. My bad.

ghostbusters121984 wrote:Oops! I f**** up. Amazon.com features the Slimed Peter Venkman with Clear Slimer. Sorry for the confusion. My bad.
Even still, the point remains that those people are third parties, that have bought the figures in a TRU, and are re-selling them at a profit.

These only cost $7 in the store or on TRU.com. If you're buying off Amazon.com, you're certainly not paying that.
speaking of minimates, Ive been bidding on an auction for the original Back to the Future sealed 4 pack (1985 marty, 1955 doc, lorraine and biff) which is now extremely rare... when I first came upon it I bid something like $15 and I was winning... but between then and now some asshole came along and put the bid up much higher, its at least $29 - should I keep going?

depend how you really want them, i miss the Vinz clortho terror dog from neca to complete my collection but now hes been sold about 75$ on ebay, Im not goin to buy it, but a really addicted will problably paid that much for it so, if you're an addicted PAID lol
joeghostbuster wrote:speaking of minimates, Ive been bidding on an auction for the original Back to the Future sealed 4 pack (1985 marty, 1955 doc, lorraine and biff) which is now extremely rare... when I first came upon it I bid something like $15 and I was winning... but between then and now some asshole came along and put the bid up much higher, its at least $29 - should I keep going?

you know I never understood that.... Why would they bid to $29 from $15 Bucks! They have no idea how to bid and it just jacks the price up way to early... I always thought it was friends of the seller or the seller himself on another account doing so....why I hate ebay
| alkaline | wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:you know I never understood that.... Why would they bid to $29 from $15 Bucks! They have no idea how to bid and it just jacks the price up way to early... I always thought it was friends of the seller or the seller himself on another account doing so....why I hate ebay
Actually, that's legitimately how you're supposed to bid. Its not how you win things for cheap, but its how you're supposed to bid. You bid what you're willing to pay, and see if someone tops you. If someone does, then you try to top them if you're willing to pay more. Bidding higher often gets some people out of the running earlier on an auction, and makes it more of a 2 or 3 person race as opposed to a lot of people all sitting around waiting for the clock on the auction to get down to a minute and then bid a dollar higher than each other real quick as everyone tries to get something for cheap.
/quote]

Actually, that's legitimately how you're supposed to bid. Its not how you win things for cheap, but its how you're supposed to bid. You bid what you're willing to pay, and see if someone tops you. If someone does, then you try to top them if you're willing to pay more. Bidding higher often gets some people out of the running earlier on an auction, and makes it more of a 2 or 3 person race as opposed to a lot of people all sitting around waiting for the clock on the auction to get down to a minute and then bid a dollar higher than each other real quick as everyone tries to get something for cheap.[/quote]

Ermmm that sounds flawed......Before you go in you should have a set amount of how much your willing/ able to spend. Then try and get it cheaper that what you are willing to pay for. If it surpasses what you allotted to spend, then its up to you whether or not its worth it and buy how much over what you planed on spending. But like you said at the last second you have people bidding $1 more so its dumb..
Actually, that's legitimately how you're supposed to bid. Its not how you win things for cheap, but its how you're supposed to bid. You bid what you're willing to pay, and see if someone tops you. If someone does, then you try to top them if you're willing to pay more. Bidding higher often gets some people out of the running earlier on an auction, and makes it more of a 2 or 3 person race as opposed to a lot of people all sitting around waiting for the clock on the auction to get down to a minute and then bid a dollar higher than each other real quick as everyone tries to get something for cheap.

Ermmm that sounds flawed......Before you go in you should have a set amount of how much your willing/ able to spend. Then try and get it cheaper that what you are willing to pay for. If it surpasses what you allotted to spend, then its up to you whether or not its worth it and buy how much over what you planed on spending. But like you said at the last second you have people bidding $1 more so its dumb..
| alkaline | wrote:

The point still remains, that if you really want something, and are willing to pay more than others to get it, that you can get others to drop out of the bidding by raising the price at the start of the auction rather than trying to be a buzzer beater.

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

This looks like a beautiful book, I would love to […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]