Its been two years since we last held a competition to design the Ghostbusters Fans Membership Badge. The previous badge design has been great, but with the new year (and a better photo ID printer), its time to update the design. So we are looking towards the fans once again to come up with the new design and work together to come up with another great design. The constraints and design goals are:

-2-1/8" x 3-3/8" - at 300 DPI (or larger).
-The badge must be hung vertically (similar to current badge).
-The personal photo must be larger than the current badge. (it should take up close to 1/4 of the badge design).
-There must be room for: Name, Location, ID-Number, and Franchise logo.
-The text should be large and easily read.

We will be giving away several of the new membership badges to those who have a large influence on coming up with the new design, or come up with the winning design. Post your badge designs in the thread here.
Here is an example starting design that is with-in the requirements.
badge.jpg
Don't follow the placement of the image or text to be identical to this. It is just an example of the size of the file, and size of the photo and text.

See the old thread for ideas and inspiration: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =54&t=4995
You will have to do a little work to figure out the exact placement, but this should help:

http://www.smartcardsource.com/art/mapa.jpg

When adding the chip, just leave that area blank. You can also add it there to convey that it is there.. but if it makes it into the final design, it would be a real smart card.
So assuming you were to decide to do that, this image represents roughly where it would be placed with your system yes? Odd position for a verticle card, but worth a shot. I'll see what I can do. As far as printing, and I'm not trying to ask this to get ahead persay, but do you prefer the cooler stuff or the more business oriented designs? Noticed the last design was failry simple and atributed it to possibly cutting down on prinitng costs.
It costs the same amount to print an ID whether it is completely blank or full of color. My old printer had problems with blotches and streaks, but my new one does not. (Smart cards will cost more however..)

Here is an example of an ID which is veritcal with a smart card chip.

Heres a revamp of the design accounting for where the smart chip may be placed...I hope it's in the right spot. Regardless of if you end up getting them put in or not, I think an image of it does just as well.

Although I think graphicky and spiffy bades do infact look cool, there's something about me that prefers what I've done, similar in fashion to the older design. It looks more realistic and professional, which is what I would look for in a uniform addition.

Things to note about my design is that things can be changed based on your needs. Seeing the card making process of present is a submit form, my 3d text may not work. However this can be changed to match what is seen in my first submission. Also the slime is supposed to be to the card as weathering would be to a proton pack, it's just a little addition. It can be taken away. Same with the smart chip graphic shuold you choose to add real ones.

I read on the front page about this and had been working on my own ID badge. I played around with it tonight and came up with this. The gray background is just to help show the badge. :wink:

Any franchise logos could go to the right of the pic, or left white. Looking forward to seeing what others come up with. :)
It needs a bit of work. But overall I do like it.

The photo needs to be enlarged for one. The whole badge should be moved down a bit.. there needs to be a hole punched near the top of the badge.
Krenzy wrote:That outta trick those damn Illinois Nazis!
I HATE Illinois Nazis.
AJ Quick wrote:It needs a bit of work. But overall I do like it.

The photo needs to be enlarged for one. The whole badge should be moved down a bit.. there needs to be a hole punched near the top of the badge.
Tweaked, as per suggestions. I like it better this way.

I like GBStantz's.

I think the top of the card should just say ghostbusters all the way across, you already have the no ghost logo at the bottom.

I love the color scheme.
Theres the modification without Signature. As Madhatter said i was thinking about doing a more professionnal Badge but you know, Ghostbusters arent a ''so serious'' subject so for myself i prefer a good cool design but its my opinion :)
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]