skankerzero wrote:Yeah. There were also marching band ghosts that my old high school band recorded sounds for. The female possessors from the parade were put into the museum when Ilyssa gets possessed. Not sure if the

We had a ton of parade balloons and floats too. Even one with Pap Sargassi and an awesome Santa float. One of the balloons was my penguin that I try and put in every game I work on. That one ended up under a bed (Ray's) in the firehouse. One of the balloons was Blinkers: The Science Pup; Ray's favorite cartoon dog growing up. It was a loose nod to RGB. You were supposed to fight him as the level boss.
That is so cool! That's a fun RGB nod. I also like the marching band ghosts idea. Your first paragraph seems cut off just to let you know. ;) I couldn't help but to notice the "evidence" of the parade removal in the plot. Because during or after the museum stage the Mayor complains about "his" parade and now his museum being in shambles. The first time I played I thought "Oh, yeah the parade stage... I don't remember that happening yet." I was confused that he was referencing something that wasn't experienced. Was there ever thoughts among the developers to change that dialogue or was is it just crunch time?
ogswiss wrote:did anybody ask about a sequel?
Nope, nobody asked about that. The crowd was mostly composed of college age students pursuing graphics arts degrees. So, the focus of the presentation was around the technical aspects of creating concept art, 3D modeling, animations, etc. I think those of us that were there for the love of the Ghostbusters franchise decided to keep relatively quiet since most of our questions seemed kind of "off topic".
RedVirtue wrote:
skankerzero wrote:Yeah. There were also marching band ghosts that my old high school band recorded sounds for. The female possessors from the parade were put into the museum when Ilyssa gets possessed. Not sure if the

We had a ton of parade balloons and floats too. Even one with Pap Sargassi and an awesome Santa float. One of the balloons was my penguin that I try and put in every game I work on. That one ended up under a bed (Ray's) in the firehouse. One of the balloons was Blinkers: The Science Pup; Ray's favorite cartoon dog growing up. It was a loose nod to RGB. You were supposed to fight him as the level boss.
That is so cool! That's a fun RGB nod. I also like the marching band ghosts idea. Your first paragraph seems cut off just to let you know. ;) I couldn't help but to notice the "evidence" of the parade removal in the plot. Because during or after the museum stage the Mayor complains about "his" parade and now his museum being in shambles. The first time I played I thought "Oh, yeah the parade stage... I don't remember that happening yet." I was confused that he was referencing something that wasn't experienced. Was there ever thoughts among the developers to change that dialogue or was is it just crunch time?
Contracts are tricky.

If you contracted a 3d model from me; I completed it fulfilling my contract and you sign off on it; I would charge you for any further changes down the line if you were to come back and tell me, 'oh, we want him to have black shoes instead of brown'.

Also, if my name was a selling point for you, then I would make sure that in the initial contract, no one else could alter the model but me, so you would have to come back to me if you wanted anything changed. Therefore I would ensure the quality of the model that my name would be attached to.

So, if you were facing a deadline and saw all the red tape and cost for a tiny detail, I think you would probably just go with what you have since most people wouldn't notice. Maybe a few, in the know fans would notice, but in the end, the general populace wouldn't think twice about it.

Does that analogy make sense? :whatever: That's the best way I can put it without going into any politics.
No one asked about a patch? Not even when they gave out out XBOX 360 versions of the game? *facepalms*
Well, no, technically they're not, but they are part of the same team that worked on the game. Wasn't expecting them to be able to confirm anything,but erhaps later at the office, by the water cooler they could mention it to someone who is?
AJStevens wrote:Well, no, technically they're not, but they are part of the same team that worked on the game. Wasn't expecting them to be able to confirm anything,but erhaps later at the office, by the water cooler they could mention it to someone who is?
Oh trust me, it's been mentioned.
malorkus wrote:OK, long time lurker, first time poster. So, bear with me. I attended the event earlier today too. It was impressed upon us more than once that recordings of the event could get the hosts into big trouble. So, even if a recording existed, it could not be shared. What I can do; however, is give you a complete break down of what happened at the presentation. If you actually read all of what I have typed below and still have questions, I'll do my best to answer. Also, I guess if you haven't played the game, the following will likely contain some spoilers for you. Here goes ...
I'm guessing by what you said, and the fact that you gave such a detailed outline (which couldn't possibly be from memory - unless you're Rain Man) that a recording of the event DOES exist, but you can't share it for fear of getting busted for making an unauthorized recording. That's understandable. At least your shared the event rundown.
skankerzero wrote:
RedVirtue wrote:Are those clown ghosts in the online versus mode from the parade level?
Yeah. There were also marching band ghosts that my old high school band recorded sounds for.
Well that explains the Special Thanks credit for the Rio Hondo HS Marching Band in the end credits.
spookcentral wrote:
malorkus wrote:OK, long time lurker, first time poster. So, bear with me. I attended the event earlier today too. It was impressed upon us more than once that recordings of the event could get the hosts into big trouble. So, even if a recording existed, it could not be shared. What I can do; however, is give you a complete break down of what happened at the presentation. If you actually read all of what I have typed below and still have questions, I'll do my best to answer. Also, I guess if you haven't played the game, the following will likely contain some spoilers for you. Here goes ...
I'm guessing by what you said, and the fact that you gave such a detailed outline (which couldn't possibly be from memory - unless you're Rain Man) that a recording of the event DOES exist, but you can't share it for fear of getting busted for making an unauthorized recording. That's understandable. At least your shared the event rundown.
no comment ;)
spookcentral wrote:
skankerzero wrote:One of the balloons was my penguin that I try and put in every game I work on. That one ended up under a bed (Ray's) in the firehouse
You're referring to the blue penguin with the white belly - right?

The one seen here:
Yup yup, that's the one.

You can find him in BloodRayne 2, Grandma's Boy, and Aeon Flux. He's from the first game I worked on, Snowball Run, although they repainted him black after I left to go to Terminal Reality.
malorkus wrote: February 26th, 2010, 5:52 pm
spookcentral wrote:
no comment ;)
A shot in the dark here. Malorkus obviously had a recording of this event 8 years ago.

Enough time has passed,... :)

I wonder if he/she will see this message and reply back...

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]