Kingpin wrote:No doubt that's the real car and not just CGI trickery.
I think there is no way of knowing wether its the real Ecto or a CGI. I think it is a CGI because that would be easier and cheaper to do.

Now why on earth did someone put it there? Because it is the 6th coolest movie car ever?

And who on earth is Taylor Swift?

;)

Cheers
Fifthrider wrote:When you've spent $1500 per pack, building 4 of them, then yeah... They exist.

Same goes for spending $60k on making an Ecto. Trust me, these things exist, just not as you may imagine them to, that's all.
Wow how do proton packs become so expensive do build? (rookie question)
portugueseGB wrote:
Kingpin wrote:No doubt that's the real car and not just CGI trickery.
I think there is no way of knowing wether its the real Ecto or a CGI.
I still don't buy that it's a CGed Ecto, or that it's the ornament. It may've been CGed into the scene but I maintain the one in the commercial is the real deal.

And I'm sure the more knowledgeable people could tell for sure.
I think it is a CGI because that would be easier and cheaper to do.
It'd cost more to use a CGI Ecto, you'd have to pay a CG artist to build a replica, it'd be cheaper to drive the real thing onto a green/blue screen set and film it for a few minutes (seeing as it's in Sony's possession, and probably residing on the backlot at the moment).
And who on earth is Taylor Swift?
She's a singer. As for why it's there, it's one of many Sony Properties inside the "Sony Factory".
portugueseGB wrote:
Fifthrider wrote:Wow how do proton packs become so expensive do build? (rookie question)
Stereo systems + Hyperdyne sound in every pack, Fiberglass shells, original parts not resin replicas, waterjet-cut motherboards, etc. You can build one for less but the result would be different.
Thanks Fifthrider. The result is surely different including the thrill of knowing you're using something that is as close to the real thing or perhaps even better than the real thing (the real ones wouldnt have stereo systems and hyperdyne sound boards and effects).

I wonder, were the pack's sound effects added later in the movie or did the props produce its own sound?

Cheers
"I still don't buy that it's a CGed Ecto, or that it's the ornament. It may've been CGed into the scene but I maintain the one in the commercial is the real deal."

You could be right. I was thinking the opposite logic, that a SGI model perhaps is already available even (it needed a low level of detail given the small size in the scene). The fact is technology has got to a point we can't be sure anymore if what we see exists or not.

Thanks for the explanations,

Cheers
That's not the real Ecto1. I was searching for a thread about this commercial a while back. As it was stated in another post this is the Superior. Im guessing Sony easily could get a hold of the fan/fans who replicated this rather than try and get out the original for a 1 second shot.

Here is the fans Superior/Photo. (Im curious if they are on this forum??)Venkman71??

This is the actual Ecto1 from Sony. Miller Meteor.

I would actually like to hear the story from the member/s whom is/are the owners of that Ecto1 to hear how Sony contacted them?!
Last edited by Travis Burrell on March 31st, 2016, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]