portugueseGB wrote:I find it amusing that Harold, Dan and Bill's views of GB3 parallel Spengler, Stantz and Venkman's personalities and atitudes towards life:

Egon, the pragmatic: "Print is dead" (logical prediction but he got it wrong, as I hope he does on this issue)
Pete, the skeptical: "You're right, no human would stack books like this."
Ray, the enthusiastic: "I'm gonna get my stuff!"

And I choose to be with Dan.
I love that I'm not the only one to notice that the actor's personalities really match the characters'. And yes, Ray/Dan is the one that I want to side with. :P

On another topic, that Ecto is absolutely, mind-blowingly fantastic. Seriously, it looks just as good as the one Sony restored. Kudos all around!
venkman71 wrote:Thanks for putting this up, AJ.

And I'm glad everyone liked the car.

It was an awesome first outing for the Miller and a perfect Christening to get Dan to sign it.

Venky
You sir are awesome. Much respect!
First off - this makes me feel better about our group going in gear on Friday. We had decided on Uniforms only, no packs ... but I think, after seeing Dan in these most recent pictures that we might change our minds.

Second - shit. Now I have to concede to all my friends that GB3 is definitely in the pipeline now.

Third - GREAT Ecto!

Fourth - Progolfercd - we'll see you Friday in Houston, then?
Ok, guys that were there, give me a heads-up: was it easy to get in to see Dan, how much does it cost for him to sign, and/or did you get carte blanche since you were in gear, etc.?

The reason I ask is because he is coming to TX, and I plan on trying to meet him Friday in Houston and Monday in Austin.

Thanks!
fifth_beatle wrote:Ok, guys that were there, give me a heads-up: was it easy to get in to see Dan, how much does it cost for him to sign, and/or did you get carte blanche since you were in gear, etc.?

The reason I ask is because he is coming to TX, and I plan on trying to meet him Friday in Houston and Monday in Austin.

Thanks!
He's super nice! No he doesn't charge but you should buy a bottle so as not to be a freeloader. He took the Ghostbusters in first and he will sign 4 items.
fifth_beatle wrote: The reason I ask is because he is coming to TX, and I plan on trying to meet him Friday in Houston and Monday in Austin.

Thanks!
See you on Friday!
Vincenzo330 wrote: He's super nice! No he doesn't charge but you should buy a bottle so as not to be a freeloader. He took the Ghostbusters in first and he will sign 4 items.
Great to know! I definitely plan to buy a bottle of Vodka. 1) it's badass, and 2) Dan deserves my money.
Update... here's an awesome video of the Ecto's first major outing... to meet it's creator, Dan Aykroyd.

There's lots of buzz on this one. The video has only been done a few hours and it's already been picked up by Aint It Cool News, io9 and Slash Film. Many thanks to Josh Turchetta, the official videographer of "LA Propper" for putting this together.

http://www.offto55.com/ectomaidenvoyage.mp4
Vincenzo330 wrote:He took the Ghostbusters in first and he will sign 4 items.
Although I think it's great that Dan's willing to do that, I dunno, I guess I'd suggest only getting two unique items signed, rather than four.

I guess I feel this because normally I'm lucky if I actually do get more than one (if you've purchased a ticket for a signing and get something that isn't one of the 6x9 glossies autographed, occasionally the celebrity may offer to sign the glossy anyway (This happened with Nicholas "The Brigadier" Courtney and Craig "Lister" Charles and I think Ernie)... and getting four things signed, three for free... I dunno, seems like it's taking a bit of an advantage... even though he seems happy with it.

I suppose it really depends what was said/what signage was on display in regards to autographs.

Ah well, the event looked awesome nonetheless, wish I could've been there.
FYI the bottle does not count as a signed item. It's obviously really up to Dan to decide how many items he feels like signing. I have not personally gotten 4 signatures at any signing, that is just what we were told prior to getting up to him.

My feeling from him though is that he would sign 20 items if time permits. But again YOU SHOULD BUY AT LEAST ONE BOTTLE, like Kingpin pointed out let's not take advantage of his kindness.
Kingpin wrote:That and I'd be greatly interested in sampling his vodka... being a beer/lager/ale man I've never warmed up to wine... too sour for my palette, but the vodka I'd be interested in... especially with that cool bottle.
I love this vodka... I always make sure to pick up a bottle or two every summer when I'm in NJ. With all the restrictions, though, I don't think I'm allowed to ship it to you.
Amazing, simply amazing! The car is beautiful, great job! Dan is coming to Florida in the next couple weeks and I cannot wait to go and meet him in person finally!
I find it amusing that Harold, Dan and Bill's views of GB3 parallel Spengler, Stantz and Venkman's personalities and atitudes towards life:

Egon, the pragmatic: "Print is dead" (logical prediction but he got it wrong, as I hope he does on this issue)
Pete, the skeptical: "You're right, no human would stack books like this."
Ray, the enthusiastic: "I'm gonna get my stuff!"
Right on the money man, I've never thought of it this way before, but it makes perfect sense!
AJ Quick wrote:
Dan confided in Ghostbusters Fans about the future of Ghostbusters 3. He told our members that Ghostbusters 3 should start filming this Fall, presumably for a 2011 release. While we have heard similar things in the past, we are really hoping that this is a rumor that comes true.
Sorry I'm a little late to the thread, but I just reviewed my video clip, and these are the words striaght from Dan's Mouth about Ghostbusters 3

"We're working on the movie"..."We will be shooting the movie by the spring and production will basically begin immediately, uh, preproduction"

"The story is really great, really fun."

I haven't had a chance to upload my video yet, but I'll be sure to post a link when I get a chance. I want to try and clean up the audio so its a little easier to hear what he's saying before I post it.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]