Ghostbuster-Adem84 wrote:Nice looking figures, Egon is my favorite so far out of them haha. Also is it just me or does his Meter have the same wings found on the Role Playing PKE that came with the proton Pack?
To mirror someone else's response yes - It is the same...Fun part about it is, is that the antennae on the Kenner P.K.E. was a hold-over from the prototype, which in-turn was modeled after the ORGB Pilot and it's version of the device...

So by proxy, what we have here is the closest thing to the world's first mass-produced ORGB Pilot P.K.E. in small form...

Now that I think of it, the pack on these figures looks almost like the Kenner full-sized [for a kid] pack...
Just picked up my retro Venkman at my local comic book shop.

The Mego look really works (for me at least). It's not the same as the all plastic figs but it's pretty nostalgic. Pity the TRUs over here won't be carrying the other guys.

Image.
Ectofiend666 wrote:
Ghostbuster-Adem84 wrote:Nice looking figures, Egon is my favorite so far out of them haha. Also is it just me or does his Meter have the same wings found on the Role Playing PKE that came with the proton Pack?
To mirror someone else's response yes - It is the same...Fun part about it is, is that the antennae on the Kenner P.K.E. was a hold-over from the prototype, which in-turn was modeled after the ORGB Pilot and it's version of the device...

So by proxy, what we have here is the closest thing to the world's first mass-produced ORGB Pilot P.K.E. in small form...

Now that I think of it, the pack on these figures looks almost like the Kenner full-sized [for a kid] pack...

WOW! Did not know that! I just reviewed that pilot episode and i do see that early concept style pke, Ecto-1 roof seat and ghosts which showed up in the RGB Kenner line. I remember getting the Pke with the pack when I was little and thinking that the antennae was so random looking compared to the tv show's version. Never noticed its design was from that awesome pilot. Very cool bit of RGB trivia! Haha!
Looks like Winston will be the harder one to hunt down. Entertainment earth just posted the case packout:

Ghostbusters Retro-Action Wave 1 Figures Case:

Who's afraid of ghosts?
Ghostbusters, ready to ward off demonic spirits!
Set your ghost traps for these amazing figures!
This case contains 8, individually packaged figures (subject to change):

3x Peter Venkman
2x Egon Spengler
1x Winston Zeddemore
2x Ray Stantz

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... r=MTT6297A
just got my retro figure from mattel - unfortunately it's not the green ghost variant that I was hoping for.

and the sound bytes are terrible! it sounds like dana carvey as "garth" doing an impression of peter venkman. I dont know whether to put it on my shelf, open and put it on my shelf, keep it out of site until I give it to my nephew for christmas, or put it on ebay.
Theres a guy in illinois on ebay selling these figures, stating in stock and ready to ship. There's also a pic of the venkman figure w/ brown/green uniform. Anyone find these in the stores yet, gonna check TRU when i get off work.....
Last edited by AJ Quick on December 4th, 2010, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Posting eBay Auctions that are not your own, is not allowed.
Has anyone heard if the Retro SDCC Peter re-releaseing on Monday is going to be just back stock possibly containing the Ecto Green Variants or not?

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]