nolatron wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Hx4#t=637s

Video of the Matty Panel. I linked to the time where the GB portion starts.

One thing mentioned was Dana comes with a 2nd pair of legs for standing her up, along with the bench. So sounds like a sorta hybrid between statue and figure.
Oh god.. she said "22'' cardboard diorama"? Dammit!
It actually looks like they just went with a "general" look for the Rookie, looks nothing like the one from the video game really. Which I think is a good idea since he was supposed to be customizable and not really have a particular likeness to begin with.

edit: wait, looking at the club ecto sub on matty....is the taxi cab ghost only coming wih the rookie now? He shouldn't be coming with a ghost from the movies, let alone the 1st. I wanna get the taxi ghost!
I wasn't too interested in the Retro-Action figs, but I'm thinking of getting the Janine & SamHain 2-Pack, I'll give Janine to my daughter & keep the Firehouse & SamHain :P
That is a much better pic and I'm glad to see a better shot of slimer. I'm not too into the retros but this pack looks pretty cool. Think I'm gonna need to pick this one up.
I just bought 2 of the 2012 Club Ecto-1 subscriptions...

but with my existing 2011 subscription I'm automatically going to be sent the below figures, correct?

- Ready to Believe You Egon
- Slimeblower Ray Stantz
- Vigo the Carpathian

and then the 2012 sub takes over with Ready to Believe You Peter, correct?

sorry if this is a dumb question.
joeghostbuster wrote:I just bought 2 of the 2012 Club Ecto-1 subscriptions...

but with my existing 2011 subscription I'm automatically going to be sent the below figures, correct?

- Ready to Believe You Egon
- Slimeblower Ray Stantz
- Vigo the Carpathian

and then the 2012 sub takes over with Ready to Believe You Peter, correct?

sorry if this is a dumb question.
Correct.
joeghostbuster wrote: it makes no sense to release the taxi ghost with the Rookie...
no, but that's how it reads now on Mattys news page about subs being extended...mistake, or new ploy to sell more subs?

direct from Matty's news page about the subs:

"Ghostbusters™ Club Ecto-1
2012 will be bigger than ever with Dana and the club-exclusive The Rookie with Taxi Cab Ghost."

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... bPage.News
Could be a new ploy.. they had to pony up over 88 million to MGA entertainment this year for the Bratz lawsuit loss, and the DC subscription won't even happen unless they can get 60% more on thier requirement meter!

I think they are having serious cash flow issues, and are doing anything they can to get out of the red, and they figure they can scoop out of collector's pockets to get additional cash.
Gareee wrote:Could be a new ploy.. they had to pony up over 88 million to MGA entertainment this year for the Bratz lawsuit loss, and the DC subscription won't even happen unless they can get 60% more on thier requirement meter!

I think they are having serious cash flow issues, and are doing anything they can to get out of the red, and they figure they can scoop out of collector's pockets to get additional cash.
Im betting its a ploy as well, what with the DCU Classics fiasco and Masters offering less figures for purchase outside of the sub.
We've also watched the prices go up on hotwheels 20%, and also the Monster High Dolls as well. They ere $12.95, and suddenly are $19.96. The DC figures went from $9.95 a year or so ago, and are now $18.95.

Thing is, people aren't buying now between economy issues and increased cost, and even thier exclusive lines are starting to fail as a result. I'd hate to think we might be seeing Matty going belly up, but there is that possibility now, I think.

Guess they shouldn't have gone after MGA/Bratz so fiercely.
the rookie would only be cool if hsi proton pack has all the upgrades it had in the game, like the slimeblower mark 2 and the satis stream and all that game-accurate stuff. if it just looks like the standard ;proton packs the other figures have, then total pass.

also with dana, total pass. its not moveable, its just a statue, and it doesnt look like they are planning on it make it into a normal articulated figure. easy pass for me. and i agree marshmellow mess ray, aside from the ectogoggles and proton stream, was lame.
My Q is, will the taxi cab ghost only be a torso? Sorry if this has been addressed, but in the movie I doubt he is if he drives. Anyone?
What I am hoping for is that Matty puts out the other tow figures for the Court Room scene.
True, but if you don't see it, you assume it's there. If your going to do just the torso, why not release the taxi with just the torso. That way people won't know unless you look in. I just hate how they ruined the best looking / one of the coolest monsters / ghost from the movie!

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]