So, how long until we see this listed on MattyCollector.com? If it's going out in October, figure it's gotta be listed soon.

(Note: I said "listed", not "on sale" I know they don't actually go on sale until some time in October, but they often list items on there a month or two before the sale date.)
ProtonCharger wrote:
shodanmark wrote:It's a collectible. Not a costume piece.
how about you come over here and tell that to the one im getting for a costume piece.

I use my Matty PKE as a collector's piece...what's wrong with that? I, too, like many others, plan on using this trap as a costume piece!

PS: Was that too many comma's in that last sentence??

I dont care what yall r sayin, she was nice and Id so hit it!

The weight of the trap wasnt much at all. The cord unplugs easily from the back of the trap, but hold just tight enough to where u can hold the trap from the hose and let it dangle without it falling off. The overall trap has a plastic feeling to it, it feels like a toy (thats what it is basically. Or "prop" w/e u wanna argue about calling it)

it was a real surprise seeing it in action. When I first saw it in the display case, i thought... garbage, but the next day when she demonstrated it to us i...

The demonstration is what sold the trap for me.

I never noticed the release button for the trap, it was hidden by the angle she was holding it at. Its located under the forward indicator thingy and with a firm push releases the cartridge from the rest of the trap. It then easily slides back in.

I believe when the cartridge isnt fully inserted, the trap will be inoperable. As you all saw in the video I took, it looked as if the batteries had died, but we believed it wasn't working because the cartridge was not completely inserted.

Come october, i will be picking up at least 2 of these. One for display...one to dissect... okay maybe 3.
I was just on ebay, and there are a couple beautiful ghost trap replicas on there... at $435 and $600. hell there's even a Real GB toy trap on there for $125! while I appreciate the effort that prop builders put into their product, I cant justify paying that much for something that will sit on my shelf 364 days out of the year and only (maybe at that) be used for a GB costume on halloween... I'm really thankful that Mattel has been able to produce such quality (yes they are plastic so they are pretty much toys) movie accurate props/toys that have lights, sounds and vibrations. I dont know if that makes me a "sell out" or not ? I'd much rather pay a prop builder for something handmade and more accurate looking, if they could offer them at a lower price, but until then I'm gonna stick with Mattel's prop toys.
I think you guys should have a little more respect for her.

If you watched the video, you will hear her comment on how she goes out and finds the videos, photos, coments.. etc after Comic Con about her. Please show her some respect.
I have a lot of respect for her. I know I couldn't tolerate all those people. After demonstrating the trap for 30 minutes I'd have to call it quits. Plus if some one puilled out a tape measure on me I would mock them so much. (no offense to tape measure guy) I hope she comes back next year. She's exactly the type of person fans need. She's good with us, patient and cute. Thanks for being so nice demonstration lady! (even though I didn't go to SDCC)
aburns84 wrote:Found this video on youtube. Just another Ghost Trap video. Nothing really new, but some new perspectives of the trap as well as a a different Matty girl presenting the trap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clhtFme3sjE

Cool video but i think the other girl was much better!!

She was alot more enthusiastic about the trap even though Borz AKA Tape measure guy was hassling her LOL :P
Coover5 wrote: Plus if some one puilled out a tape measure on me I would mock them so much. (no offense to tape measure guy)

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
AJ Quick wrote:I think you guys should have a little more respect for her.

If you watched the video, you will hear her comment on how she goes out and finds the videos, photos, coments.. etc after Comic Con about her. Please show her some respect.
^ This +1
yeah, yeah, yeah... it was in bad taste. apparently anonymous booth girl isn't so anonymous. if i could edit the post, i would take it down. mods?

the bit about her looking for pics and video must have been in one of the slower parts. i skipped around. i wouldn't have posted the gag if i had heard her mention it.
Slimer7 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on redesigning the holster for this trap if adding a hook is not possible?
Put a vertical strap connected to the two sides of the strap that goes across the trap to secure it to the holster. Kinda like a basket of sorts. Pain in the ass? Sure. Will it hold it? Most likely.
Very cool, I'd be worried about stomping on the pedal too hard though, looked a little on the flimsy side

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]