EgonYourMucus wrote:Very cool, I'd be worried about stomping on the pedal too hard though, looked a little on the flimsy side

They let some kid try it out, and he stomped the sh!t outta it and it seemed to hold fine...but that was a kid....if ur fat, dont go stomping the sh!t outta the pedal.
I will be getting one of these to add to my sons PKE and the pack I built for him last year.

For you guys concerned about the shiny plastic look some weathering could do wonders. I also love toy trains, and some of the weathering jobs some guys can do is outstanding. Sometimes if set into scenery just right its hard to tell a 12" model from the real live thing.

I bet someone could do wonders with this trap with some dullcoat or some weathering dusts. A little bit of weathering can go a long way for realism.
this is so awsome. im not online for a while and THIS is what i see, the mattel making a ghost trap. im honestly shocked at how many features its got. its not only accurate to the film and doesnt look super toyish, but its got a working accurate looking pedal that works just like the real thing, opening and closing trap door, lights on the inside, sound effects, even the little red light that really blinks! i mean daaamn! that is incredible, the perfect piece to finish up my unform with. i wasnt planning on buying a trap, especially since the fanmade ones are rediculously expensive, but mattel has given the ultimate alternative and at a pretty awseome price.

not to mention the vigo figure!
Something I've thought about as far as holstering the trap goes is making use of all the screws. Perhaps make something like this http://cloud.knobs4less.com/1580widpull-zoom.jpg then attach a clip to it. It would then be attached to the trap via the screws to the left and right of the battery box. The holster could be a standard holster sans v-hook with just a cut in it for the clip. It's just a design I though up for those who want to attach it to a holster and not permanently alter their trap. Hopefully it will inspire some one into a better idea.
Gb213 wrote:One week for the "release day" and no news, no announcements... no nothing...
I was thinking this myself the other day, when the were releasing the stay puft there was full video reviews and everything on weeks before!

im thinking there may possible be a delay
I think at SDCC they said $135. Probably gonna pass though, as cool as it is. Maybe one day I'll get one but just not at the top of my list right now.

During the sale I'll probably get 2 proton stream Peter's, one to keep since I missed him last time and the other for an extra stream. As long as I have 2 of the guys with streams thats good enough for my display. And I might get a 12" Peter.

Are the 12" 2-packs still gonna be made? The July release date has come and gone. No point waiting for those. Might get 12" Egon and Ray too, not sure yet. Probably pass on Winstone for the 12" line.
It would be just my luck that there's a delay on it - hmmm. You would assume that Mattel would market the sh!t out this trying to get tons of biz, especially since they were planning on having all the paperwork to ship to Europe. there's no way in hell they'll be able to get these shipped before Halloween tho'. Here's hoping it all just magically works out. :D
Yeah something's definately a miss, but heres hoping,

Surely we should have some further details by now, at least a look at the box as sad as it sounds!
well it is pretty strange that we havent seen any "official" pics yet. well, thats not true, there is a pic of the pedal on mattycollector.com with that interview with the guy who made the trap, but its only the pedal. from last year, they had a review of the PKE at least a month or so before it actually came out. not sure why, but i guess some people get it early. but now with the trap, there has been surprisingly little news or pics or anything besides that old video from SDCC. if there was gonna be a delay, i think they would have said something about it by now. why would they announce a delay the day the trap is supposed to come out? have they ever done something like that before?
True kingpin, I suppose we are a pessimistic bunch, but it woudnt be unlikely for matty to advise a problem last minute! As It was mentioned earlier by this point with everyother product including the figures we had seen full pictures,packaging details, specs and reviews from other sources like toy guru( I think thats the site).

For all the buzz surrounding this thing, from a marketing perspective it just dosent make sense to me
Knowing previous attempts to contact mattel I doubt this would have any effect. Also the lackeys on the end of the phone probably wouldn't comment until an official announcement was made.

Were probably just going to have to wait till Monday.
92hatchattack wrote:Anyone have free time during the day that might be able to put a call in to mattel? I tried emailing the store but they said they have no info on preorders and that I would have to call mattel directly.
You'll just be wasting your time. They don't do preorders. Period. This has been the case with everything Mattel has put out, for every single one of their lines, and it hasn't changed once. It's not going to for the trap.
So I took the day off Monday to get the trap because it's difficult to sit at work waiting for the Matty page to reload for an hour to get one while I'm supposed to be working. The lack of any info on their site makes me worry a bit though. I read all the posts that say wait til Monday before jumping to any conclusions, but it be nice to not waste what limited PTO time I have if it's not going to be available.
Doctor Venkman wrote:You'll just be wasting your time. They don't do preorders. Period. This has been the case with everything Mattel has put out, for every single one of their lines, and it hasn't changed once.
Actually, they broke their own rule at least once: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .225055500

They'll never do it for us, but at least someone is able to do it for a change.
joegianco wrote:Everybody can relax. Matty put the trap up on the website. Price is $130 and the packaging looks just like the PKE meters.
Indeed, here´s the link http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... .239255200

"Better late than never"

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]