Onkelpsycho wrote:If Matty doesn't work out anything for next year Oct. I would say this is the last prop...

What about the pedal...?!? I ask myself since the SDCC video, if just this small woman foot can take place on the pedal, or can it take a good hit with a slimed boot in size 12?!?

Or possibly somethin can brake off?!?
I hesitate to spend that much money on something like this to immediately stomp on it, but maybe that's just me.
The pedal is really light weight. I also noticed that it appeared to be warped on the bottom.

It can take some weight, and sometimes you do in fact have to press on it firmly to get it to do anything.
So I got to see this in person today at the NY Comic Con, and as awesome as this thing is, it sure does look really plastically in person. There's no doubt it looks like a toy but still awesome nevertheless. Look forward to purchasing one on Monday.
David Thomas wrote:After my post I did a little digging, some people claim it was sold out in under an hour. One guy actually said his order was cancelled because they sold out, and his order was place 45 minutes after they went on sale, talk about crazy. Maybe with it being a little over twice the cost of the PKE meters sales might go a couple of hours lol.
That's wrong. AJ is definitely right in that the PKE was up for days. I remember, because I kept checking in -- I'd heard plenty of Matty Collector horror stories, got up early for the release, and went in fully expecting to not get my hands on one. Then felt stupid for the next five days while they remained in stock.

There are a number of factors at work here. The trap is far more expensive, which may deter purchases. It's also less usable for costuming. I have no idea how many people realize this goes up Monday vs the number that knew about the PKE Meter. I've also always wondered how late in production Mattel figured out the PKE would be an American-only release. If the 'safety' problems cropped up late in development, they may have had a European-market's-worth of inventory in stock.
45 minutes seemed pretty "off" to me. The guy claimed that was the time stamp on his order, and that why they e-mailed him days after his order about the cancellation, guess some people just love getting attention on the internet so they make up stupid stories, nothing new there, that's for sure...
I am buying one for sure,
but it will go in my display cabinet, and I will wear my old beaten up trap in costume.
these things are cool, and I cant wait to get one, but they do look plastic, which is why I hope Matty DONT do a proton pack as to keep it affordable/easy to manufacture etc will result in a very toyish looking result I expect.

small GB accessories like the PKE, now trap, maybe next goggles, giga meter, sniffer etc will work out well.
maybe even usable MT500 walkie talkie's sold in sets of matched frequencies or something?

Mind you if they did make a proton pack I would buy one just to rip out the sound effects!
nothing like the sound of powering up a proton pack :-D
Same for me. I didn't spend more than ten minutes on Matty's website. The thing that took me the longest was checking my credit card number a dozen times. Then again, I've never had a problem with Mattycollector.

Anyway, I'm very excited to get this in the mail! Hopefully they won't ship it to the wrong address like they did my 12" Winston figure.

-Andy
RaspberrySpacedog wrote: I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet. Is yours being shipped overnight as well?
I don't think so. I chose UPS ground, but I don't have a UPS shipping number. I only have the "Newgistics" info they sent. It says "In Transit" with no delivery date.
bpontheair wrote:
RaspberrySpacedog wrote: I didn't get a shipping confirmation yet. Is yours being shipped overnight as well?
I don't think so. I chose UPS ground, but I don't have a UPS shipping number. I only have the "Newgistics" info they sent. It says "In Transit" with no delivery date.
You sure you didn't select USPS Ground?

You shouldn't get Newgistics unless it was shipped USPS, I don't think.
Doctor Venkman wrote:
bpontheair wrote:I don't think so. I chose UPS ground, but I don't have a UPS shipping number. I only have the "Newgistics" info they sent. It says "In Transit" with no delivery date.
You sure you didn't select USPS Ground?

You shouldn't get Newgistics unless it was shipped USPS, I don't think.
Maybe it was. I ordered a couple of things from them on different days. It might be another package I shipped UPS.
Yeah,

I just called and asked what was up. They pre-authorized my account but havent shipped the traps yet. Needless to say, with something like this, you do not take any chances.
DangerDave21 wrote:Is there any news on if they are going to sell more or the people that didn't get one SOL?
Sorry. That's not how MattyCollector really operates. They tend to give it one shot, And if it sells out... it sells out. There is some variation to that with the figures though.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]