Did it go yet? Stuck at work
jros3484 wrote:Did it go yet? Stuck at work
Not yet - they're still on lot # 670 (give or take). The pack is lot # 756. They have a live-stream on the Profiles in History website:

http://bid.profilesinhistory.com/HERO-S ... _i13427785

It's nothing exciting though - just the camera set on the auctioneer while he calls on bids.
THEbryon wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:............There are some awesome new revelations that I have permission to share with you all after the auction has been completed. :)
Share away!
What he said! :-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Demon Vice Commander wrote:The pack just sold for $130,000!
WOW. Thats a one bedroom condo.
Sorry for the delay, fellas. Work has had me through the ringer lately. Here are the photos that Ross was able to get during his time with the Hero pack.

One thing you might notice is the size of the beam line/filler tubes. It's something that Ross and I had been arguing about for months and... He was right :( They ARE 1-1/8" OD. I guess I need to make some revisions now :/

In addition to that he was able to take a rub of the male side of the V-hook. From that Julz and I were able to come up with a new set of V-hook plans. I made the first draft and Julz has gone over it with a fine tooth comb to help correct for the beveled edges of the hook.

Enjoy and discuss!

Excellent shots! That must have been a lot of fun to take those and get hands all over that pack.

I wish there was a top-down shot of this area:

I'm curious how thick the welded part is between the ion arm/booster. It's skinnier than I thought it was, and it looks like there's a slight twist to it?
Vincenzo330 wrote:
One thing you might notice is the size of the beam line/filler tubes. It's something that Ross and I had been arguing about for months and... He was right :( They ARE 1-1/8" OD. I guess I need to make some revisions now :/
I think that are different dimension of the alluminium tubes. your photo tell that are little big (clearly 1"1/4).
so i think on the hero minnesota, semihero and super hero thery are 1"1/4) and on profile in history pack are just little than others. Probably they hd finished the tubes.

http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/im ... 33/365.jpg

but next time it's better if you use one of this :)

Awesome pics. Thanks!
lannyjack wrote:Yes, thank you for sharing!

What is that screw doing in the gun ear? I wonder what secrets it holds . . .
The popular theory is that it may have something to do with attaching the grip. Nice to see some further material showing that the grips are wooden.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
Skully wrote:also is the thin broken lense on the bargraph red. .
I think that's the reflection of the red indicator light.
Ah ,thanks Commander I see it now. . Obviously without looking on the inside we can only speculate the electronics but curious if it has at least the real neon bargraph like the super hero ,or the static hockey puck set up like the semi heros . . The film exposed behind the broken lens looks frosted as to defuse light . .
Vincenzo330 wrote:Yes, the screw in the ear holds the grip on. There is another in the barrel lock which does the same on the other side.

Also, the grips are not wood, the "clear" casting resin that was widely used in the 80's looked almost like amber after curing. Like the gun handle in Blade Runner ;)
Are there rivets on the grips like on the Sony lobby pack, or is it just held on by the screws in the lock and ear? Its hard to tell from the angles on the pics.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]