lannyjack wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:Yes, the screw in the ear holds the grip on. There is another in the barrel lock which does the same on the other side.

Also, the grips are not wood, the "clear" casting resin that was widely used in the 80's looked almost like amber after curing. Like the gun handle in Blade Runner ;)
Are there rivets on the grips like on the Sony lobby pack, or is it just held on by the screws in the lock and ear? Its hard to tell from the angles on the pics.
The grip you are referring to is the rear .. the front is held on by the method described by Vinn above...
Question! Hopefully maybe Vinn can answer this...
I'm assuming this gun had, at some point, a functional clear tube mechanism, correct?
Because in the image showing down the barrel, I can see the other end that broke off from the clear tube, its still attached to the 1" slider, and what looks like a blue wire, and the pin for the handle twist at the top left of the tube..

Was it possible to see anything down the barrel that could help with deciphering the mechanism? I know the camera can't AF down there.
CPU64 wrote:Question! Hopefully maybe Vinn can answer this...
I'm assuming this gun had, at some point, a functional clear tube mechanism, correct?
Because in the image showing down the barrel, I can see the other end that broke off from the clear tube, its still attached to the 1" slider, and what looks like a blue wire, and the pin for the handle twist at the top left of the tube..

Was it possible to see anything down the barrel that could help with deciphering the mechanism? I know the camera can't AF down there.
Just spoke to Ross about this...

He said the gun was set up for for the extending acrylic tip. The pin you see is what attached the acrylic tube to the metal sleeve
Ross pushed the sleeve and it moved back with the rest of the acrylic tube and the pin, it returned back to its original position before he pushed it so the mech still worked. Its too hard to say if the mech is powered by a spring as it wasn't a fast return after he pushed it, it was slightly delayed. It could be a spring... or possibly a rubberband somehow...

The metal sleeve covering the acrylic tube is about 1 inch long. The sleeve attached to a white bit of plastic (or something similar) with what looked like a screw at the bottom of the sleeve. The plastic then ran into the depths of the gun and i assumed attached to the interior mech inside. The plastic is what pushed the acrylic tube and sleeve in and out.
The acrylic tube was set in its retracted position.

There was plenty of room behind the metal sleeve for the pin or set screw that held the forward gun assembly in place, but that set screw was hidden from view.

The blue wire you see in the back is the guns strobe for the barrel effect. The blue wire had a blub attached to the end of it....

So now I have one question.... who's going to make a strobe light kit extension? :p
The reference photos from Ross are now available in the Reference section.

We'll also have some screen shots from that YouTube video available soon:

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/39/
Casper
jackdoud wrote:Anyone else notice that this pack has two 701's on it? :sigh:
Janderson pointed out to me that he had. the worst part is they are old style 701's to boot :/ :walterpeck:

I hate rare parts
XenuPrime wrote:I’m curious if these new pictures have changed anyone’s idea of the best paint or method of paint? Like, BBQ vs. satin, hammered vs. textured places that should or shouldn’t be textured, etc.
I didn't get to see THIS pack in person but I have seen the 2 on display at Sony. I still believe the textured, satin is the best finish. The packs really look like they are made of cast iron like and old stove. So whatever you feel is the beat texture to match that look.

Just my opinion, maybe some on who has seen other packs can chime in as well.
holymattbone wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:
One thing you might notice is the size of the beam line/filler tubes. It's something that Ross and I had been arguing about for months and... He was right :( They ARE 1-1/8" OD. I guess I need to make some revisions now :/
I think that are different dimension of the alluminium tubes. your photo tell that are little big (clearly 1"1/4).
so i think on the hero minnesota, semihero and super hero thery are 1"1/4) and on profile in history pack are just little than others. Probably they hd finished the tubes.

http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/im ... 33/365.jpg
Seriously, this hobby is so frustrating sometimes...
Wallabe wrote:It's not the same pack as this one. There's only one or two hero packs in that scene, and if you watch the straps and alice padding, you can actually see the actors swap packs from shot to shot in that scene.
Egon and Venkman are using the Archive/Minnesota Pack in the power up sequence.
ProtonCharger wrote:I bet the clear tubing went inside the split tubing from pack to thrower.
Apparently the clear tubing was from when it was able to be connected to the uniform. I think Profiles in History lost the original tubing.

If u google the profiles in history auction, they give a detailed 6min video of the actual pack itself, and explains that they retro fitted the unit with new Alice frame etc for the filming of GB2.
Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]