These prices are not realistic, IMHO. The Pack should be 20,000-30,000. I mean, hell, didn't Ken get his after the auction for like 14,000?

Anyway. If they actually sell, I can almost guarantee it will be to a foreign collector. Have to keep in mind though,that the consignor has a say in the reserve. I'm sure if it was indeed Sony that they are just seeing dollar signs when they look at all of this stuff.

I'd love to add both pieces to my collection, but not as long as their heads are in the clouds on these reserves.

Zed
Agreed, the guide price is insane, and I would be amazed if it reached that...in fact 30'000 would be insane IMO

Thing is, if it has come from sony, I cant imagine its a money issue for them. My guess is this was in private hands, and a reserve has been placed pretty high.
I doubt there is a reserve. All the times ive seen this show I dont recall a reserve being placed on any item. Not to say maybe it cant happen but usually if it goes up it sells no matter what or its a pass. I'd drop 10k in a second on the pack, all it takes is one other bidder with deeper pockets.
Uh, every item in this auction has a low to high "estimated value". The low number is the reserve. The auctioneer will sometimes start out at a lower number if it looks like the interest in the item is low at that price, "pullings bids" from folks in the crowd who aren't really there. He does this to try to generate excitement - quickly bidding to a point just under the reserve amount, and hoping someone makes a genuine bid for the reserve amount in the "heat of the moment". It can of course escalate from there in to a real bidding war.

Or not.

Case in point: the ruby slippers or chitty chitty bang bang. Neither actually sold, but the auctioneer bid them up to just under the reserve amounts and declared the SOLD! So the atmosphere at the auction remains upbeat. Not good for morale when the stuff on the catalogue cover doesn't sell.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about ;-).

Zed
Kingpin wrote: The tells for me that they're the same pack are:

The fracture in the tube between the Crank Gen/Gear Box.
The smudge on the HGA clippard brass
The lump above the shaft collar (small knob) on the Proton Gun.
The cap-head screw beneath the ribbon cable.
That skinny horizontal booster tub-to-ion arm weld is also unique to that pack too, right?
ZedR wrote:These prices are not realistic, IMHO. The Pack should be 20,000-30,000. I mean, hell, didn't Ken get his after the auction for like 14,000?

Anyway. If they actually sell, I can almost guarantee it will be to a foreign collector. Have to keep in mind though,that the consignor has a say in the reserve. I'm sure if it was indeed Sony that they are just seeing dollar signs when they look at all of this stuff.

I'd love to add both pieces to my collection, but not as long as their heads are in the clouds on these reserves.

Zed
I sincerely hope that you are able to add that pack to your collection, man. I'd love to see it stay in the community and with someone who I know would actually treasure it. You've got quite the little museum going on over there now, huh? ;)
julz wrote:Image
"Harold's Hero Pack in GB2"

I've posted this else where but thanks to the pic from Demon Vice it looks like this hero still has it's gb1 vhook!
The "GB2" v-hook is kind of a myth. Ray's is the only one that has that sharper angle, all the other packs have the GB1 angle. Can be seen directly in the courtroom scene that all but Rays have the GB1 angle.
Meph wrote:
julz wrote:Image
"Harold's Hero Pack in GB2"

I've posted this else where but thanks to the pic from Demon Vice it looks like this hero still has it's gb1 vhook!
The "GB2" v-hook is kind of a myth. Ray's is the only one that has that sharper angle, all the other packs have the GB1 angle. Can be seen directly in the courtroom scene that all but Rays have the GB1 angle.
Thank you Meth... not quite what I meant though...

It's my understanding that most of the retro-fitted gb1 heros still retained their gb1 vhooks ( or at least some of them did, spenglers pack has it, the sony loby does but it's missing its hook. Rays pack in the UK is covered up by the thrower so that's hard to tell,and the Minnesota has the gb2 screw alignment ) The gb1 hooks were attached with screws through the centre line of the male vhook from the inside of the pack, rather than the ones more commonly seen on the gb2 semi heros and the Minnesota pack which had 2 screws on 2 opposing corners screwed in from the outside. Still snapshots of gb1 show that most of the mentioned hero's had the centre screws and were attached with screws from the inside of the pack.

I hadn't seen any pictures of a surviving gb1 male vhook outside of the first movie which was why I was excited about seeing that picture of spenglers pack in gb2 that Demon Vice posted. :cool:
Really awesome high quality vid of it has been posted on youtube :cool:

Vincenzo330 wrote:Actually all the info was provided to PIH by Ross Arbuckle. There are some awesome new revelations that I have permission to share with you all after the auction has been completed. :)
Where's the "like" button.... :p
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]