The side area does raise concern but I think they would have fixed that when they come out. I cannot wait to get my hands on a pair of these when they come out. I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw that they were coming out with the ecto goggles. Matty you never let us down.
noslliT wrote:If I'd take a guess they are using us as reference. I'm really surprised we're not getting home depot welding goggles with PVC at this point.
It would also account for the smaller of the two lenses appearing to be too short compared to the black/silver lense.

I also have a sneaking suspicion the side label's the one I made up a few years back. :)

I personally believe we will see a lot of the flaws get ironed out by the time it goes on sale, considering it doesn't have any of the electronics inside of it, the item on display at the Mattel booth is little more than a proof of concept.
AJ Quick wrote:You could install snaps and use the regular straps.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Yeah, one could do that. It's a prototype though; I really think they should alter the strap attachment before they mass produce--or at the very least, they vigorously test to ensure we don't have a bunch of breaking goggles.
gEkX wrote:This is just a prototype everything will be good to go before they release.

I think it would be cool to include the labels as a sticker pack; that way we can pick the placement or leave them off.

Either way its going to be pretty damn cool.

It will sync up with our PKE's : faster beeps will cause a ghost (I want to say Slimer) to pass though the inside view.

That info is from the Mattey booth mind you.

Sent from my Motorola MT500 using Ghostbuster Fans on Android :cool:
How does it sync with the PKE? I think that's freaking cool and all that, but I'm curious as to how that's accomplished. I'm still getting one of these. Hopefully, Matty will re-release the trap. I just ordered my PKE, and I hope I didn't miss out.
From what I understand it will pick up on the beeping sound from the PKE and when its rapidly beeping a ghost will appear on the lenses going back and forth.

I'm not sure of the tech behind it all but it sounds really cool.

Sent from my Motorola MT500 using Ghostbuster Fans on Android :cool:
i can't wait to see the final product. as of now i think there cool but from what i have read on here about how it syncs up with the pke with the possibility of seeing a ghost on the inside viewer of the goggles, now that sounds really freaking cool. makes you wonder if they might add an actual viewer on the inside so one could actually walk around while wearing them. if that was the case i would jump all over that and get a pair. so it will be neat to see what matty has in store for the goggles when it's finished.
Sure, you can rework stuff on these after you buy them to make them better, but you shouldn't have to do that. By the time the average person can repaint, add real snaps, use better stickers, repair/reinforce the strap connections, they could have built a set of "real" ones.

I feel the same way about these as I do the Matty PKE and trap; if you want one, go for it, but as a prop, they fall flat.
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:Sure, you can rework stuff on these after you buy them to make them better, but you shouldn't have to do that. By the time the average person can repaint, add real snaps, use better stickers, repair/reinforce the strap connections, they could have built a set of "real" ones.

I feel the same way about these as I do the Matty PKE and trap; if you want one, go for it, but as a prop, they fall flat.
I'll agree on the matty pke to a point, but the trap? That is a solid investment. There's no way you can make a trap do everything Mattel's does for that price they had is set at. I just bought a matty pke myself to replace my home build due to a nasty accident. It'll do for now, but I'll build a new one whe. I have the time snd money.

If and when a member of the community can offer a similar electronics package for a trap I'll do the same there.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
i think the pke meter and trap look awesome. ya it was abit sad about the trap and all of it's problems but i still think it's awesome that mattel is still offering us props like these. especially for those of us who couldn't build anything decent if our lives depended on it.
gEkX wrote:Prototype..
Because it can't be stated enough.

The Goggles are at the most raw stage shy of still being in the mould. Like toy companies state on their box art: "colours and figure subject to change", so there's plenty of scope for modifications between now and the spring... that's the better part of half a year's worth of potential change.
Once again to reiterate,

The Goggles Matty debuted are "One of a kind".

This is the only prototype in existence.

It is by no means the finished product.

This prototype came directly from the model shop to the con.

Perhaps rather than complain about the first prototype, and how you may or may not like the way this one looks,

Why not consider supporting them and telling Matty you hope they decide to go forward with making them.

Everyone seems to be forgetting, these Matty GB prop based items are bottom line...."Toys" and in many respects they are subject to certain designing.

These things are not being made by a company like master replicas where you should expect a film accurate prop copy.

These are made by a toy company, and are pretty damn good looking toy based versions of the real props.
Rule #32 – Enjoy the Little Things” Now i'm all for prop building and respect the fact that a (fan) put time,money and effort to make his/her prop as accurate as can be.IMO i really don't see the need to nitpick or burn each other,and as for people saying that others are turning up their noses i don't think thats the case at all i just think people are getting a little paranoid.....chill,relax ;)
i know my thoughts have completely changed in regards to the goggles. at first i didn't really care for them. but that was like judging a book by it's cover. now i can't wait to see the finished product of these goggles. especially if they do sync up with the pke meter. and ya we do need to remember that these are being made by a TOY COMAPNY. not an actual prop replica reproduction company. these goggles and all the other gb stuff matty makes for us is for the kid in us. thats the only reason all of us gbfans do this stuff for. so i say give them some time to see what the full potential can become of these goggles.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]