Downloaded the update this morning. I had the Stay Puft event going on, which is apparently a weekly event. A friend of mine also has the update, but his Stay Puft event isn't due to start until tomorrow (there's a timer at the bottom of the screen), so it might be random for each player when the event actually happens. I assume it lasts 24 hours, but after I updated it, I had 17 hours left before the event ended.

You have to fight him ten times to fully defeat him. After every defeat he disappears for an hour, but you can "bait" him for two power cores, which I assume summons the next fight immediately. I don't know if the cost for baiting increases the more you use it, as I haven't tried it. Staring each fight costs 20 energy just like a regular bust.

The rewards for the first fight is $3k and each fight increases by $1k, ending at a $12k reward ($75k total rewards, not including bonuses). The ninth fight also awards 3 power cores, and the tenth awarded me the GB Utility Knife (one of the two new items you can buy with power cores). The fights are all "medium" difficulty.

I'm using the generic, free GBs. They're all level 10 and have full equipment upgrades (currently working on opening up Floor 9). None of their equipped items are fully researched. I don't know how the fight difficulty scales based on your game progression, but I didn't have trouble with any of them. My scientist spent much of the time blasting him, as the damage he inflicts wasn't even worth healing.

The fight itself is fairly easy. He only has a few attacks:
- He'll attack GBs with his fists - it does damage and a knockback like the football player ghost. When one of his arms disappears, he'll attack that side.
- He'll shift to the left or right and roar, which damages GBs in a small cone in front of him.
- He'll periodically summon 2 Mini Stay Pufts, which have very little health but hit a bit hard; these don't need to be trapped, they just get destroyed.
- After the fifth fight, he'll smother a random GB with marshmallow; this removes them from the fight for a little bit, but you can tap on it to break them out quicker.
Ecto-Cooler wrote:This is a great game, but I agree that it becomes progressively too time consuming to move from level to level. 4200 slime to open level 10? That's nuts. I only get 26 slime per "Hard" bust and all my 'Busters are already at level 10. That means I need to play the same repetitive busting scenario approx. 160 times to reach the 4200 slime mark and I don't even have the incentive of leveling up my characters.

Well its 4800 for level 11. Have fun! Im working on level 11 now takes forever!!!!!
That basically agrees with how I thought the game would work.

There may be 50 levels "planned" but they have to create each level as time progresses with updates. It's a good way to get people to keep coming back to it.
The new update added a lot of stuff.

Those who hated the nasty grind between levels should come back - the slime costs for each level have been reduced significantly. I was working on floor 12 (which used to require 5400 slime) and managed to fight through three levels of the tower in quick succession after updating (floor 12 now costing 720 slime). Definitely eliminates that awful tedium.

There's also a bunch of new worksheet tasks other than "bust X number of Y ghosts," which will help keep things interesting.
It's great they lowered the amount of slime needed to unlock the Floors, bad part is now im stuck on 15 til they release the next update.....little disappointed with that but overall satisfied with the new upgrades/updates. The new stay puft money rewards are huge! Turns out what I though was the museum is a mental hospital...oh well.
By any chance, does anyone know the dialogue in the blue boxes at the end of floor 15?
What does
This Post Contains Spoilers
say? I was so intent on moving my busters around and aiming at the enemy, that I scrolled through them instead of reading them. I guess I didn't realize that I had beaten the level, and was just trying to preserve everyone. :oops:
Been a new update, they changed the whole slime collecting nonsense again. And changed all the weapon amd character upgrades. Basically if youve been working on leveling up your busters, dont worry about it anymore, they have a whole new system....again.
Oh, and you have to buy all your side items with cell powers now.

Ugh, at least the new title screen looks pretty cool. Though i still prefer the original.

UPDATE: and since power cells buy your items now, your busters now struggle through levels even more without vests and other items since powercells arent easy to come by at all, at least it only cost 8 slime to get to the next floor! ugh its like the game has become more conveinent and accessively harder at the same time.
I think it's gotten better in a lot of ways, but they did take away a few features, like being able to pay cash for items you didn't have to unlock (though you had to research the ghosts to discover them), and making it so that once you've unlocked the items they expire after a certain number of busts. More destroyer events (i.e. boss ghosts other than Stay-Puft) will be cool, but they need to make them slightly more frequent.
venkman30 wrote:i havent really liked the game since they updated it. i liked it the way it originally was when it first came out. just my opinion tho.
It's kind of an up and down for me because of the update

Pros:

-More "destructor events" provide better variety in the game.
-Reduced slime collecting makes it easier to proceed to next floor. BUT this can also be a bad thing too since this game updates are don't come quiet that often, you may be stuck with a period of time of not playing because of the you've reached the last current available floor. Basically have nothing to do but collecting cash
-PKE meter pop up is kind of cool, but the pop up is a little annoying and the text takes up screen. Would have been better if they made it an option to display permanently on the side or not at all without the text "Ghosts Remaining" the number on the meter is pretty self explanatory.
-The "perishable" equipment that boosts is sort of a nice idea, good way to get you to spend some of the game money. Having the ones "power core" only buy ones can defeat the purpose to an extent though because you can win most of the best ones in destructor events, therefore making those perishable ones a mute (though they sort of had this before).
-Prize ghost randomly appears at jobs. Can win extra cash, equipment or 1 power core.

Cons:

-Currently selected equipment takes up 50% of the screen, very annoying. I play it on ipod, so it might be different on an ipad, but this shouldn't be an issue at all
-The new aiming system doesn't work as well. Sometimes you point it directly to the ghost, and the buster will run past the ghost. It's not as accurate as before
-This is just me, but I'm getting really annoyed with them "updating" the look of the packs and slime blowers. I loved how it first looked because they were perfect representations of the movie equipment (minus the med pack obviously because it wasn't in the film). Now, every time they update it, the look just gets uglier and uglier. If they do this every time, we're gonna have a hell of a lot of proton pack designs.
-Customization of ghostbuster states is no longer possible because all types have the same stats (even the original gbs!). The first version had different states for each character. too, with the originals having the higher attack and defense.
Does anyone still play this? The novelty of it sure wore off quick...way too repetitive. Maybe if it was more along the lines of Tapped Out / jurrassic Park and focused on managing the firehouse (busting stages included when theres calls) with a top down view, with diferent sections and areas that create new equipment, or even a social-community feature, trade different busters/equipment etc. it be a bit more interesting, something to keep the flow going.

In the game, currently have little money and need to upgrade my packs to further the progress of other buildings but....just dont have the patience nor the will to do it. Got tired of the same old 4 busters in the single screen "busting stages". Might be deleting it soon. It was fun while it lasted.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]