Sony released a new Ghostbusters Blu-ray remastered from a 4K source. While the new Blu-ray doesn't have any new features, the new transfer is considerably better than the previous Blu-ray, and the earlier DVD releases. The coloration and grain have been improved greatly making it worthwhile for anyone with a 1080P TV.

High-Def Digest has a great review of the new release, including comparison shots comparing it to the old version. The difference in many of the effects shots is night and day. DoBlu also has a great reivew with more screenshots here.

Note that while many sites call this a 4K Release (intended for viewing on a Ultra HD 4K TV) this is in fact just a 1080P Blu-ray. Normally we wouldn't bother with a release like this, but the transfer has been redone and is by far the best copy you can get.

Bring on Ghostbusters II on Blu-ray!
btnkdrms, brad84 liked this
Have to say, the picture quality on this is outstanding. The subtle differences are worth the price for us die-hards, especially when it comes to the final rooftop sequence. Sure it'd be nice to get a full collector's edition with more bells and whistles (oh, hi box set with the second film), but this is a great companion to the initial Blu-ray release.
btnkdrms, brad84 liked this
Did some searching, and it looks like most of the big store only have this version currently avail for online purchases.

However, to confirm what some others have said, if you have a Barnes and Nobel in your area hit them up, that's where I found my copy.

Will leave the reviews to each persons own opinion, only thing I will say is the belt gizmos are clear as day!
    GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]